Cannot enter CUSIP for brokered CD in QWin 2018

Options
Jerry4
Jerry4 Member ✭✭
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
How can I enter or edit the CUSIP for a brokered CD in Quicken 2018. I can see the CUSIP field in the Securities List, but cannot access it in the edit function.  Also, when adding the new CD, their was no field provided to enter the CUSIP.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    This appears to be downloaded information only.
    The important parts for a security are the Name and the Ticker Symbol.
  • K.O. (Win-Premier)
    K.O. (Win-Premier) Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    To the best of my knowledge you cannot edit the CUSIP (or add it for a manually added security).  I understand the CUSIP to be used by Quicken in trying to match the security tied to a downloaded transaction to a security that already exists in Quicken.  So it is an extremely important field if you download investment transactions and an oversight (IMO) that Quicken does not let you add it for a manually entered security.
  • Jerry4
    Jerry4 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Kevin, I hope Q fixes this for manually entered securities, especially for brokered CDs, since that is really the most reliable identifier among the many CDs issued by the same institution.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Dittos!  My download & add security functions worked to setup a new CD.  However, when I try to add brokered CDs manually, there is no way to add the CUSIP and so Quicken will not download prices.  Quicken, please enable!
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    If the financial institution (FI) is downloading transactions for the brokered CD, they should be providing both the CUSIP and the prices for that security.

If the FI is not providing such downloads, as suggested by the manual entry aspect of the question, then there is no value to the brokered CD security in Quicken having the CUSIP field populated. The CUSIP field is only applicable for information downloaded from an FI.

If a manually entered security corresponds to an FI's security, they should be matched.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I think the best thing to do when buying brokered CDs is not to create the CD manually. Let the initial Buy transaction download from the broker. The CUSIP should come along in the initial download as the new security is created.

I have several CDs at Morgan Stanley, I've never created any of them manually, and they all have CUSIPs.

If your CD purchase was recent enough, you could try restoring a backup just prior to the purchase and re-downloading from the brokerage.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.