QWin 2017 Premier: Investments - Cash Balance Not Correct

Mike16
Mike16 Member ✭✭
edited April 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Quicken Premier for Windows 2017 - Investment transaction register lists the cash balance as $100 (just as an example).  However, in the update cash balance tool, it lists the Quicken cash balance as $200 and the cash balance as provided by the brokerage company as $200.  I try to correct the investment transaction register so that it also as the $200 amount - which is the correct amount.  However, when I try to use this tool to correct the cash balance to $200, nothing happens and it remains out of balance.  I don't see a manual transaction category which I can use to manually force the reconciling transaction.  Any other tips?  Please.

Comments

• Vetta
    Vetta Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    If $200 is the correct balance why does your register show only $100? Sounds like a missing entry somewhere. Go back to the most recent correctly balanced statement and review each transaction since.
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Have you reconciled the account?  (CTL-R)

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• Mike16
    Mike16 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Vetta said:

If $200 is the correct balance why does your register show only $100? Sounds like a missing entry somewhere. Go back to the most recent correctly balanced statement and review each transaction since.

Sadly, another mistake I made was not to reconcile on a regular basis.  I will do a search to see if there is a transaction for the net amount account is off.  Thank you so much for your idea!
  • Mike16
    Mike16 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    That looks like a nice too - but - the prior cash figure is 15x greater than what is shown on the transaction report.  I tried to edit that number to the amount on the transaction report and then reconcile to the actual amount but the 15x number is getting in the way.  Thank you for your suggestion
This discussion has been closed.