Add Ability to Organize Reports by Income and Expense vs Cash Flow in Quicken Mac (70 Legacy Votes)

smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 15 in Reports (Mac)
Please add the ability to choose whether to organize a summary or a detailed transaction report by income and expense vs cash flow, like in other versions of Quicken (example from QM2007):

(If you find this feature helpful, please be sure to click "VOTE" above to increase the count of this post and therefore its visibility to other users and to the developers.)

If you do not click VOTE at the top of each one, your vote will NOT be counted!

Click "Follow" at the top if you want to receive notifications of any replies to this thread.

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian  user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
Tagged:
3 votes

Under Consideration · Last Updated

Comments

• smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    This IDEA has been added to the List of Requests for Report Related Features.
    You may want to go click on the underlined link to add your vote to more related ideas.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

• Theresa JTheresa J Member ✭✭
    edited January 19
    Yes, yes, yes. Please. And be able to break income and expense down by month columns. I did discover "Spending over time," but that's spending, not income, so I still need to run a monthly category summary report for each month of the time period. I am not a fan of the Quicken budget, so I have a spreadsheet, where I also track my business stuff, too.
    edited November 15

It turns out that this type of report is simply a subset or application of a Columnar report, which adds an extra column for each comparative period, and columns showing the calculation of the differences, as described here.
    To make sure your vote from here gets counted in, you can add your VOTE for the  Columnar report.

You also want to add your vote to each of the components that make up the essential related report features described here.

First
    , click on each underlined link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page, so your will vote count for THAT feature and increase its visibility to the developers.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

• edited December 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled A 'one-click' income report in the MAC version is unavailable. This is unaccepta....

Trying to get a 'simple, one click' statement of income for a given time period.  We [Quicken MAC users] used to have a 'check box' where we could clk 'Income' or 'Expense' to generate this custom report.  I cannot find it in Quicken for Mac 2019.  I've also been told by one of Ur [Quicken] tech reps that this feature is still available in the Windows addition.  Please bring this back in the MAC edition; it is VERY valuable tool, and we MAC users should have every feature available to Windows users
  • jlggjlgg Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Moving to merge.

I'm not certain this is what you're looking for, but in the "All Transactions" window, you can select the income tab, and choose a date range and account grouping.

If you then choose to print the window, you will be given the choice to format by transaction or category.  I find for my personal use, choosing "All Banking & Investment Accounts" and formatting by category produces a very usable report which you can print or save as PDF.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: A 'one-click' income report in the MAC version is unavailable. This is unaccepta....
    edited December 2018
    What you are asking for is an Income Statement, aka Cash Flow or Profit & Loss (P&L). At the moment, the closest you can get to that is using the Category Summary Report or possibly the Tax Report. See if those fill the gap in the meantime.