QWin 2017 Premier: Employer match amount disappears from investment account

KnnNike
KnnNike Member ✭✭✭
This has been posted a few times in the past, but those conversations are now locked. Using latest updated edition of Quicken 2017 Premier. My paycheck has a 401k deduction with an employer match; however, even though the employer match deducts from my paycheck, it keep disappearing from my 401k account. It will show up correctly in my current Quicken session, but when I close Quicken and come back, the amounts have disappeared.

I have tried super validate and if I open the individual paychecks and click "edit" on the employer match, the transfers reappear. But as soon as I close Quicken they disappear again. This bug is pretty disconcerting. What's weird is that it only happens for the last few months of paychecks. I have also tried deleting and recreating my paycheck reminder to no avail.

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Have you tried the various solutions presented in this answer?

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickenco...

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• KnnNike
    KnnNike Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Yes. The posted solution sometimes work, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes just opening and then closing the paycheck reminder causes the amount to appear/disappear/reappear.

I recently upgraded to Quicken 2018, and this bug is still present. Again, very concerning.
  • KnnNike
    KnnNike Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Even weirder...a few times when I've run a "validate and repair", Quicken replaces the amount of my net pay in my checking account with the amount of this employer match. As you can imagine, the employer match is a lot smaller, so it messes up all of my balances. 

If I continue to use Quicken and open/close it a few more times, eventually the correct amount reappears in my checking account.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

Even weirder...a few times when I've run a "validate and repair", Quicken replaces the amount of my net pay in my checking account with the amount of this employer match. As you can imagine, the employer match is a lot smaller, so it messes up all of my balances. 

If I continue to use Quicken and open/close it a few more times, eventually the correct amount reappears in my checking account.

I've seen, and complained about, this bug re: my HSA acccout for several years.  Never seems to get any traction.

I've discovered that if I go to the Checking account and Edit, and then immediately save, the transaction, that it corrects itself.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2017
    I have the same problem. I have done the same things with the same results. I would love for this bug to be fixed.  It happened in the past and then went away, but the bug is back. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2020

Yes, but the problem seems to reappear  doesn't it?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    I am experiencing this problem.   I have validated my Quicken file and found no issues.

I found that I can restore the transfer by editing the recorded paycheck.  However, after saving the Quicken file and closing Quicken, it disappears again when I re-open Quicken.

I would like this to be fixed as well.  It is a very frustrating bug.

Otherwise, I will have to go away from setting up a paycheck and create it as an income reminder.  The only drawback with this solution is that it effects the future projected balances in graphs and reports.
This discussion has been closed.