category list off screen

124»

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Faroe47 said:

Running 2017 Deluxe.  Check for Updates says I'm running the latest version RELEASE 10.  What the heck.  I don't even get the option to implement a patch.  POS.

If you'd like to do the upgrade now, without waiting for Quicken to release it to the general public, please do this:

Quicken US version:

-
    "2015 ... Release R14" (with conversion to Quicken ID),  https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2015-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch

- "2016 ... Release R13" (with conversion to Quicken ID), https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2016-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch

- "2017 ... Release R14" (with conversion to Quicken ID), https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2017-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch

Quicken Canada
    version:

-
    2015 ... Release R6 (with conversion to Quicken ID)

- 2016 ... Release R6 (with conversion to Quicken ID)

- 2017 ... Release R3 (with conversion to Quicken ID)

Quicken Canada users: Do not download the patch or Mondo Patch files in the
    above links. They apply to Quicken US users only. Instead, scroll down the
    webpage to the Quicken Canada section and download that file. For 2015 and 2016
    it may be hiding behind a clickable word "here".

Locate the Mondo Patch file (US)
    or Canada Mondo patch file applicable to your version of Quicken in the links
    above.

Download it and save it to disk.

Temporarily disable your Antivirus software for the entire duration of the next
    step:

- Right-click the downloaded patch file. Click "Run as Administrator"
    to execute the installation program.

• Faroe47Faroe47 Member
    edited September 2017
    Faroe47 said:

Running 2017 Deluxe.  Check for Updates says I'm running the latest version RELEASE 10.  What the heck.  I don't even get the option to implement a patch.  POS.

Thank you for this information on how to manually update.  I am weighing my options since a number of writers have said that it either does not fix the problem, or it breaks transaction updating.  Is there a way to back out the patch if there's a problem?
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Faroe47 said:

Once you have updated to the "conversion to Quicken ID" patch, there is NO WAY to fall back to an older release level. Your Intuit ID has been deactivated.

You can fall back, of course, if you know how to do it, but you will lose all online connectivity.

For me, the update to Q 2017 with the Quicken ID was painless.

• edited September 2018
    I am on Q17 Home and business version R15 Build 26.1.15.2 and same off screen problem of the category list.   I am high-resolution 2560x1440 on 28-inch monitors (actually have 5 but some in portrait mode). I am using custom scaling so I don't need a magnifying glass of 225%. However, this is the only program of zillions I use that has something off the screen. 
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

I am on Q17 Home and business version R15 Build 26.1.15.2 and same off screen problem of the category list.   I am high-resolution 2560x1440 on 28-inch monitors (actually have 5 but some in portrait mode). I am using custom scaling so I don't need a magnifying glass of 225%. However, this is the only program of zillions I use that has something off the screen. 

Dave,
    have you tried the first thing that was ever posted in this lengthy discussion: "Disable display scaling on high DPI
    settings"
     ? For Windows 10 users there's a similar override option. It might help.
  • Roy MRoy M Member
    edited September 2017
    Roy M said:

This problem Is not fixed for me.  Category list still runs above the top of the window, whether or not in full screen mode.  And yes, I am on Quicken 2017, V. R14, build 26.1.14.1.

I have closed and restarted the program, with no improvement.

I was pushed a new build yesterday (Build 26.1.15.2) that I installed.  I changed the scale from 125% to 100% today.  There was not any improvement, the list still runs above the top of the window (whether in window or full screen mode).  
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Roy M said:

This problem Is not fixed for me.  Category list still runs above the top of the window, whether or not in full screen mode.  And yes, I am on Quicken 2017, V. R14, build 26.1.14.1.

Roy,
    have you tried the first thing that was ever posted in this lengthy discussion: "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" ? For Windows 10 users there's a similar override option. It might help
  • Roy MRoy M Member
    edited September 2017
    Roy M said:

I'm on Win 10 Pro, in case it makes any difference.  In the Compatibility options under Properties (from the Quicken icon), I don't see "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" as an option.  I see "Override high DPI scaling behavior.  Scaling performed by (option-->) Application."  I enabled that and rebooted with no change in what I was seeing in Quicken, so no help there.  The accounts still run off the top of the window.  My Scale and Layout for the display is set at 100%, and the resolution is 1920 x 1080 (recommended). 

And I don't recall ever seeing the list run off the bottom of the window.  If it were a scaling settings problems, my guess is that we'd be seeing the issue with both the top and bottom of the window.

I am not running Quicken in compatibility mode (and should not need to).
  • edited October 2017

Been using Quicken since 1998 with nary a problem.  Did become unhappy when they started discontinuing account updates for older products.  Didn't see any changes from 2010 to 2014 versions other than different fonts. Paid the upgrade price because I figured it saved me time manually downloading transactions.

Just got forced into a new upgrade for the same reason and now have the same category list off the top of the screen with 2017.  Now I'm very unhappy.  Why am I paying for a decrease in functionality? 

I'm running a Lenovo T520 with native 1366x768 resolution.  Nothing higher.  Tried some lower resolution settings but they don't fix the issue.  Tried to use the pop up registers but that is option is grayed out for some reason.

From the sound of this discussion, Intuit has been aware of this for some time. As a retired IT executive, I find this unacceptable.  Isn't Intuit monitoring these forums?

Just want to let others know that I updated to Quicken R15, Build
    26.1.15.2 a few weeks ago and it solved the problem on my Lenovo T520.  When choosing the category for a transaction at the top of the screen, the list appears below the transaction line and when choosing a transaction at the bottom of the screen, the list appears above the transaction line. From my perspective this problem is resolved.  For those of you still having issues, I sympathize but some progress has been made and there is more hope today than there was two months ago that they will fix yours as well.

One final comment.  This has been a very annoying situation for what seems to be a long time but the timing couldn't  have been worse.  Intuit has probably been considering shedding Quicken for years and once the decision was made, why would they care?  When Quicken became a separate entity, I'm sure management was far more involved in setting up the new company to focus on a bug that seemed to only impact a limited number of users.  Remember, they had to develop a whole new server environment for us to log into and I'm sure there were many more activities that we never saw.  Business combinations and breakups are always disruptive to normal operations.  If you haven't been through one, they are very much like marriage and divorce.
  • edited October 2017

Been using Quicken since 1998 with nary a problem.  Did become unhappy when they started discontinuing account updates for older products.  Didn't see any changes from 2010 to 2014 versions other than different fonts. Paid the upgrade price because I figured it saved me time manually downloading transactions.

Just got forced into a new upgrade for the same reason and now have the same category list off the top of the screen with 2017.  Now I'm very unhappy.  Why am I paying for a decrease in functionality? 

I'm running a Lenovo T520 with native 1366x768 resolution.  Nothing higher.  Tried some lower resolution settings but they don't fix the issue.  Tried to use the pop up registers but that is option is grayed out for some reason.

From the sound of this discussion, Intuit has been aware of this for some time. As a retired IT executive, I find this unacceptable.  Isn't Intuit monitoring these forums?

Any successful company should have a sound technical platform as #1 priority. It's what they sell. I believe many customers may have left. I would have except I don't think banks are set up for transactional integration with any other software besides quickbooks. 
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Note the 2018 Release of Quicken has fixed this problem by scaling the size of the list depending on the resolution of the screen.
  • Roy MRoy M Member
    edited October 2017
    QPW said:

Note the 2018 Release of Quicken has fixed this problem by scaling the size of the list depending on the resolution of the screen.

The release that was pushed a day or so ago did not fix this problem.  Are you saying it will be another 3 months before a version is released in which this bug/programming error is fixed?
    Thanks
  • StairclimberStairclimber Member
    edited October 2017
    QPW said:

I need clarification on this. Currently the latest release of Quicken Premier 2017 is working for me. Does the new 2018 release break the fix for the category list???
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    QPW said:

Roy M I'm talking about "2018 release of Quicken, the one that just came out and is a subscription" not any patch release to any older version.

Stairclimber No there isn't a patch that breaks Quicken 2017, but maybe it might work for you in some cases, but Quicken 2017 certainly didn't fix this problem.

It can't as long as they keep the same sized category list.  The category list is larger than 1/2 of the "min spec resolution" for Quicken.  As a result on say a 1024x768 screen you can't pop it up or down without it being off the screen.

And in fact in another thread someone pointed out they were using 1280x800 so I tested with that resolution and found that the fix is actually not working in all cases.
    I tested in 1024x768 and saw the scaling and thought it was fixed for all resolutions, but the 1280x800 test proves it isn't.  So "Quicken 2018" in fact fixes the problem for some people, but not for everyone.

Here it is with 1024x768, notice the category list is smaller and as such easily fits.

Here it is with 1280x800.

Here is is at 1024x768 on Quicken 2017:
    edited November 2017
    QPW said:

I see that Quicken has a 40% off Black Friday sale. Roy have you or anyone else tested the category list on 1920 X 1080 resolution? 
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    QPW said:

Stairclimber 1920x1080 should be working in all versions of Quicken if you are using 100% Windows scaling and no "Large Fonts".  So I have assume you are using some combination of Windows scaling and/or "Large Fonts".

If you give me that information I will test it on Quicken 2018 for you.
    edited November 2017
    QPW said:

150% windows scaling, no large fonts . . . . thank you!
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    QPW said:

Yes, that combination is working fine in Quicken 2018.
    edited November 2017
    QPW said:

Thanks so much . . . Happy Thanksgiving!
This discussion has been closed.