Quicken 2016 R11 Downloaded Transactions Issue

12346»

Comments

• Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser
    edited April 2017
    Paul said:

What say we contact Bill Gates and see if he'll resurrect Microsoft Money?

One might speculate, ironically, that Quicken might have turned out better if Microsoft had succeeded in acquiring Intuit in 1994.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS.
    Now using QWin Premier subscription version on Win7 Pro.
  • mjkmjk Member
    edited May 2017

Today I upgraded to R12 using the Mondo patch just to be sure I got all the files.  I turned off "Automatic Entry" for all of my investment accounts and tried a couple of downloads.  The red flag had reappeared and I was able to accept new downloaded transactions.  It even matched one of the transactions to a reminder that was due.  It looks like the transaction download issue got fixed.

However, there's an issue with reminders.  The due and overdue reminders for most of my linked investment cash accounts were displayed when I first ran Quicken, but no "Bill and Income Reminders" tab was attached to the top of the display.  When I clicked on the "Downloaded Transactions" tab, the reminders were replaced with the new downloaded transactions.  The only way to get the reminders to display again was to close and reopen Quicken.  Seems that R12 needs a little more work.

• B ChomowitzB Chomowitz Member
    edited April 2017
    mjk said:

Today I upgraded to R12 using the Mondo patch just to be sure I got all the files.  I turned off "Automatic Entry" for all of my investment accounts and tried a couple of downloads.  The red flag had reappeared and I was able to accept new downloaded transactions.  It even matched one of the transactions to a reminder that was due.  It looks like the transaction download issue got fixed.

However, there's an issue with reminders.  The due and overdue reminders for most of my linked investment cash accounts were displayed when I first ran Quicken, but no "Bill and Income Reminders" tab was attached to the top of the display.  When I clicked on the "Downloaded Transactions" tab, the reminders were replaced with the new downloaded transactions.  The only way to get the reminders to display again was to close and reopen Quicken.  Seems that R12 needs a little more work.

I observed this problem as well in R12.  I have two computers and I left one at R10.  R10 has the tabs as we all expect them, but R12 has the odd behavior reported by mjk.

Does this mean we need a new discussion to follow the new R12 problem, or will this thread continue to track the issues?
  • T HerbertT Herbert Member
    edited April 2017
    mjk said:

This thread has been marked as Solved so I guess a new thread is needed.  Does anyone know of one that has been started?  I searched but could not find one.
  • B ChomowitzB Chomowitz Member
    edited April 2017
    mjk said:

I started a new discussion on the topic ... here is link info https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-2016-r12-linked-account-issue .
  • dondon Member
    edited November 2017
    Steve S said:

Having the same issue with linked investment and checking accounts after I updated Quicken 2016 Premier to v11. Both accounts have a red flag indicating there are downloaded transactions to review. The investment account shows the Downloaded Transactions tab at the bottom of the account register (including tabs for Bill and Income Reminders as well as Placeholder Entries), there are no transactions in the list and there is a Continue button. When the Continue button is selected it jumps into the checking account register. That seems to be typical behavior for linked accounts. However, at the bottom of the checking account the tabs for Downloaded Transactions, Bill and Income Reminders, and Placeholder Entries is not visible/selectable and the downloaded transactions can not be reviewed and accepted. I've performed a FIle/Copy operation and went thru the validation exercise to no avail. Sounds like rolling back to v10 may be the way to go until this gets resolved.

I had a problem not finding accounts on the company sites after the update

I tried deactivating and deactivating accounts with avail

Reloading quicken didn't solve my issues
  • dondon Member
    edited November 2017

After hours online with support and trying many different things. I was told I would have to pay for an upgrade to solve the issue. It doesn't feel right when a company breaks a working product and wants me to shoulder the burden for a fix.  #quickenfail

Yep I am having the same issue 2017 version
  • QPWQPW Member
    edited November 2017

After hours online with support and trying many different things. I was told I would have to pay for an upgrade to solve the issue. It doesn't feel right when a company breaks a working product and wants me to shoulder the burden for a fix.  #quickenfail

@Don you are replying to a 9 month old thread.  There is a 99% chance that you have a different problem.  And I would give that problem a 90% chance that you are not at the latest patch version of Quicken 2017, and you have not changed over from the Intuit Id to the Quicken Id.

Install the Mondo patch install from here:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/patching-updates-windows
12346»