Export quickbooks for Mac on-line accounts to quicken on line for Quicken online for Mac

I have been commingling my business and personal accounts in QuickBooks online for Mac.  My CPA has advised that I separate business from personal.  I'm considering buying Quicken online for Mac then exporting the personal accounts in Quickbooks to Quicken.  Is this possible?

Comments

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    First, there is no online version of Quicken.  In addition, even if you buy the Mac (desktop install) version there is no way to migrate the data from Quickbooks to Quicken.  You can go from Quicken to Quickbooks but not the other way around.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    bmciance said:

First, there is no online version of Quicken.  In addition, even if you buy the Mac (desktop install) version there is no way to migrate the data from Quickbooks to Quicken.  You can go from Quicken to Quickbooks but not the other way around.

Setting up Q desktop, for the 2017 tax year, is going to be complicated ... because you'd have your tax records for the year in 2 separate software products.

I'd suggest that you close our 2017 using your current system ... and set up your Quicken data file starting on 1/1/18.  You can use the info (but not the actual data) from QB's year end figures as your Quicken starting account balances.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2017
    bmciance said:

NotACPA I kind of thought that would be the case.  How many machines can you use your lic. on?  I have desktop, MacBook Pro and my wife has MacBook Pro.
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    bmciance said:

Since Quicken 2018 is a subscription model you can install on as many machines as you want BUT you can only use it with one Quicken ID. 

If you do this you might want to look into buying it at Amazon where you get a 27 month subscription rather than the 12 months that Quicken offers.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    bmciance said:

While you can install Quicken on several machines, keep in mind that you cannot easily share the same data file across machines. Data files are stored locally, not in the cloud. It is not as simple as just putting the file in Dropbox. 

Here is one strategy that for sharing a file across machines that complies with Quicken's recommendations:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/faq-how-to-safely-share-your-quicken-mac-file-on...
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.