Why do mutual funds that belong to a retirement account appear as separate accounts?

heydonnieray
heydonnieray Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
I have a traditional IRA and a Roth. The mutual funds appear as separate accounts instead of being a part of the two different IRAs.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2017
    What version of Quicken Mac are you using?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • heydonnieray
    heydonnieray Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    RickO said:

Version 5.3.2 (Build 53.20776.100)
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2017
    RickO said:

Single mutual fund accounts: some brokerage houses will annoyingly do this. The version of 2018 you are using is supposed to handle SMF accounts differently, so you don't see this. Supposedly there is a preference somewhere to handle this, but I can't tell you where it as I don't have any SMF accounts. 

Perhaps Rick has some SMF accounts and can tell you how to group them together.
  • RickO
    edited December 2017
    RickO said:

Nope, I don't have an SMFs either. Here are two items from the release notes that are related:

5.0.0: 
    • NEW Improved support for Single Mutual Fund (SMF) and 401k/403b accounts.
    5.3.2:
    • FIXED Found an issue when turning off the Single Mutual Fund feature in an account where there are linked transfers. We'll be temporarily blocking the ability to turn off the feature as we work on a permanent fix.
    Still, it begs the question: where is the switch? I don't see any such setting in Preferences nor in account Settings for my existing brokerage accounts.

May I ask which brokerage these funds are with? If T Rowe Price, this thread may be informative:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-mac-2018-support-for-t-rowe-price
  • heydonnieray
    heydonnieray Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    RickO said:

American Funds
  • RickO
    edited December 2017
    RickO said:

The only thing I can suggest is that you contact Quicken Support. The first agent you contact probably won't be familiar, but see if you can get them to escalate it.
This discussion has been closed.