NEW 11/20/17: CC-501 or CC-587 errors when updating Elan Financial accounts

We're currently investigating issues that members are reporting when attempting to update their accounts from Elan Financial.  We're working with our providers to fix this issue as quickly as possible.

If you're experiencing an issue with your Elan Financial accounts, please 'follow' this thread to be notified when the issue is resolved.
Quicken Kathryn
Community Administrator

Comments

• Sam SamualSam Samual Member
    edited February 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My Elan Financial / Fidelity Visa stopped working 10/30 with error 501..

I've been successfully using quicken with my Elan / Fidelity visa for nearly a year, up until 10/30/17 after which it started producing 501 errors.  I've tried manually setting up my account again but Quicken appears to be having trouble connecting to Elan.   Perhaps the express web connect links have changed and needs to be updated in quicken, as I've noticed the other links listed in Quicken for Elan are not correct, such as for manual downloads and Elan contact info.     
  • leishirsuteleishirsute Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 22
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled elan's Fidelity Credit Card downloads not working this morning - just me?.

Getting CC-501 error when trying to download Fidelity (Elan) Credit card transactions.  Hopefully it's a temporary issue.  I was wondering if anyone else started getting this problem?
    Quicken Windows 2017 Deluxe on Windows 7 & 10 Pro
  • bachastainbachastain Member
    edited April 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Anyone else having trouble with Elan?.

Since Saturday 11/18/2017 I've been getting a Quicken Server error trying to do an online update with my Fidelity Rewards Credit card, handled by Elan Financial Services.  It worked for at least a year prior to this.  The error says it is a problem with the Quicken Server, NOT Elan so it tells me not to contact Elan because they can't fix it.  Today I tried resetting up the account but I get a fatal error every time.  It just keeps telling to wait a few hours and try again.  Anyone else?
  • HKBHKB Member
    edited April 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Elan Financial Services Credit Card Transaction Download.

"Error: CC-501 we are unable to connect to the Quicken server at this time."  Does anyone have a suggestion to resolve this?  Problem started to occur since a few days ago.  Thank you for your help! Quicken 2017 R15.
  • HKBHKB Member
    edited April 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Elan Financial Services Credit Card Transaction Download.

"Error: CC-501 we are unable to connect to the Quicken server at this time."  Does anyone have a suggestion to resolve this?  Problem started to occur since a few days ago.  Thank you for your help! Quicken 2017 R15.
  • edited December 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I was going to follow the Elan Credit Card thread but it is closed.

Elan Credit Cards won't connect.  Solution coming?
  • Jeff LawrenceJeff Lawrence Member
    edited March 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled New Elan Error Issue - First CC-501 and now Error CC-587.

Stupid me, I followed the instructions from quicken to deactivate and then I am trying to reactivate my Elan CC account after seeing a CC-501 Error and now seeing Error CC-587 (wrong login credentials) I know I am entering the correct Login info as I am able to get into the Elan site and download transactions. This is frustrating as it has been going on since this past weekend and this is my #1 credit card and want to download the transactions seamlessly. I see these types of issues with other software resolved in minutes and hours. Why are we seeing this one take days to be fixed? It's an integration issue and quicken should have engineers to work on break fixes like this as we pay for this service every month. Can I get a credit? (Ok, vent off now). Please let us know when this is fixed ASAP.  I am on Quicken 2016 Deluxe R14.1 Build 25.1.14.9 
  • Mark WagnerMark Wagner Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Elan Financial CC - Problem Has Changed.

As of this morning the problem has now changed. Instead of an error indicating a problem with the Quicken servers it now says the problem is with login credentials. I am using the correct login credentials. Any update on this problem. 
  • Diver42420Diver42420 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled QWin 2017: Update not working.

Add me to the list of frustrated people who haven't been able to download transactions via one step update for my Elan Visa card. This has been going on for about a week. When will it be fixed?? Not giving me much confidence to update my Quicken (ever again). I'm on H&B 2017. Please add me to the list in the locked thread on this topic.
  • jjjj Member
    edited December 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled continuing elan financial download issues.

Last night the Elan issue added a new wrinkle - when trying to reset download service, a new request to enter characters appears, then a personal secret answer, then it bombs again. When trying to log on online, all is normal.
  • Mark WagnerMark Wagner Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Elan Financial CC - Still Not Fixed.

It has now been a week. A real update would be appreciated, not just "we are working on it." How about some indication of when we might expect a fix. 
  • Dennis@1[email protected] Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 15
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why are all of the Elan Financial/Fidelity Rewards credit card downloading proble....

I have not seen any solutions. Quicken Katherine?
  • SMTSMT Member
    edited March 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled CC-501 or CC-587 errors when updating Elan Financial accounts.

Since the original post was closed for update.  I am creating a new post to update on the status.  Hopefully some from Quicken can merge this to the original post.

As of Sunday 11.26.2017 12:30PM Central Time, I was able to re-establish download connection with Elan Financial Services (Fidelity CC). 

Just like most Quicken users, I de-activated download in hope to solve the problem.  Buy no luck until today.  Good luck.
  • Michael GamonMichael Gamon Member
    edited December 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Elan services connection trouble.

Since the "official" thread on this problem is conveniently closed for further comments, I am creating a new post.

I found the response to the problem by Quicken pathetic. Yes, problems like this happen, and for all we know the root cause might be on Elan's side, not Quicken's. Yet the response to having a large set of customers unable to connect to their credit card service is a joke. The latest "update" by Quicken on that thread is a week old, there is no page with "current issues" that gets updated. If this company does not even understand the basics of customer service and keeping their customers informed and updated about outages, it should not be in this business.

Needless to say, the least they should do is offer a subscription extension equal to the period of time this issue remained unresolved.
  • Dennis@1[email protected] Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 15
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Once again, why are all of the Elan Financial/Fidelity Rewards credit card downlo....

It is very sad that you have closed all related threads to any new postings even though there has been no solution to this issue posted, as far as I know. Perhaps someone, like myself, might like to let everybody know that my Elan Financial/Fidelity Rewards card has been connecting and downloading properly in Qwin 2017 for 2 days now. 
  • ciarmerciarmer Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Elan Financial Credit Card Downloads are now working.

There is an open issue that I have been following for several days. The issue now seems to be resolved but the thread is closed to new comments. This is the link to the thread:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/new-11-20-17-errors-when-updating-elan-financial

I attempted to update my Elan Credit Card account at 7:45 PM Eastern time on 11/26/2017 and was finally able to answer security questions without prompting an error message. Account is now updating normally (no errors). No transactions have been downloaded (probably because I've been keeping it up to date by doing manual downloads). The above thread should be updated as there are a significant number of people following the thread and waiting for an update on the topic.

I am using Quicken 2017 Premier (Windows)
  • ThomasThomas Member
    edited December 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Elan problems fixed, then unfixed.

Elan download problems cleared up for about 24 hours, but they're baaaack. Quicken Premier 2017 for Windows is unable to download Elan transactions again. Any word on what's the deal?
  • hawkeye34hawkeye34 Member
    edited December 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled BUG: Elan Financial Services security question is always wrong when the answer is....

This is a weird one that I've been running into since the Nov 2017 issues with Elan. I have two accounts with them, and strangely One-Step update always failed, but only on one account.

The account that was failing had a security question "What were the last five digits of your student ID", so the answer is a number. Something weird must be happening with how the answer is being transmitted to Elan because this question is always rejected no matter how many times I put in the correct answer.

The workaround was to change the number-based question to a word-based one. I now no longer have issues with One-Step update.

Posting here in case someone else runs into the issue, since it's pretty aggravating to have to deactivate/reactivate every day. Quicken devs, can you look at this?
  • EverettSEverettS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Elan login.

Cannot access Elan Financial this morning.
  • EverettSEverettS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017

Cannot access Elan Financial this morning.  It worked for the past two days.  Now it will not login again and shows box saying connectivity problem.   Works great logging in from browser.  This connectivity box in Quicken asks for password.   After entering correct password, it just sits and spins.  Why can't you guys fix this and keep it fixed?
  • Michael GamonMichael Gamon Member
    edited December 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Elan connection problems.

The circus continues - two weeks since the last update from Quicken on the persistent Elan connection problems. I have little hope that this post will make it past their censors, but I would encourage fellow customers to widely share this issue on social media and to file a complaint with https://www.consumer-action.org//.
  • Dick BlaineDick Blaine Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Elan Financial Updates Failing.

Elan Financial Update hangs Quicken.  Since Elan started using 2 factor authentication around Nov 1, 2017, Quicken hangs up in the connection dialog.  It is necessary to kill the Quicken process using the task manager.  No other action will terminate or allow Quicken to continue running.  Using Windows 10, Quicken Deluxe 2016.  Would like to attach the "Connectivity Problems" dialog box, screen capture but there does not seem to be a way to submit attachments to this forum.  The messages in this dialog box are: "The login information for your financial institution is incorrect.  If you have recently change your password, enter it here."  and "Connectivity Problems ... Elan Financial Services"
  • SMTSMT Member
    edited December 2017

Please merge this to "NEW 11/20/17: CC-501 or CC-587 errors when updating Elan Financial accounts"

Elan login remain working for me today (12.02.2017 2:00pm) since my last update on 11.26.2017. 
    I have 1 Elan (Fidelity CC) acct.  In my Elan profile, I do have 3 Challenge Questions setup.  During the initial first few download attempts (probably about 4-5 times), Elan download failed during "One Step Update".  I believe this is due to Elan rotating Challenge Question and hence the authentication failure.  To fix this (after each Elan connection failure through One Step Update), I select Elan account, and perform download (just for Elan acct) through the Dial selection that is on top right corner of the register, select "Update Now".  In so doing, it will pop-up the next Challenge Question.  Answer the question correctly, download completes without issue.  After it has successfully rotated through all the Challenge Questions, I no longer have issue with "One Step Update".
    I hope this info will help solve Elan download issue for some of you.  Good luck.
  • MikeMike Member
    edited December 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Elan Financial Accounts.

CC-501 Quicken is no longer connecting with Elan Visa. This has been on going for over 3 weeks now. Beginning to wonder if Quicken will ever get this solved. 
This discussion has been closed.