Will there be a Quicken Home and Business for Mac in the future? (213 Legacy Votes +1 Merged Vote)

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Thanks for putting a vote for a Home and Business version.  Anyone else interested in this?  We still have quite a bit of functionality to add to Quicken for Mac just to get it even close to Quicken Windows so the reality is it may be some time before we get there but would love to find out how many people are interested in this.

I can ditto Rick L.  I definitely want Home and Business on a Mac.  I was excited to see the Windows/Mac software for Quicken 2018 versions.  Hopefully, the Mac Quicken has identical features of the Windows side.  Turbotax has that and works great.  I need the Home and Business software on a Mac.  Any idea when that would be?  I am currently using Quicken (H&B) 2017 for Windows
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Thanks for putting a vote for a Home and Business version.  Anyone else interested in this?  We still have quite a bit of functionality to add to Quicken for Mac just to get it even close to Quicken Windows so the reality is it may be some time before we get there but would love to find out how many people are interested in this.

BILL Quicken Mac 2018 doesn't have a business edition.  The top edition it has is Premier.  And no, even at Deluxe and Premier levels they don't have all the features that the Windows version has (but they are getting there...)
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    I am very interested in the MAC version. I will have to go to Quickbooks if Quicken doesn't release a MAC version.  I'm located in Silicon Valley and many of us use Mac vs PC.   
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Any news on this? I think Quicken for Mac would increase users since there are a bunch of freelancer designers on mac and we could all really use a product as easy to use as Quicken
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

The only program I run on Windows is Quicken HBR.  I would like to see a functional MAC HBR version.  For me mostly the Tag and reporting functions are HBR are important and the ability to keep certain accounts separate.  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

I want QHB for my Mac, I have to have two computers because of this!
  • flyfire2
    flyfire2 Member
    edited November 2019

ditto just had to buy a cheap windows machine just for quicken. if there was another program that would come close to QH&B for a mac. i would donate my new pc to my grand kids
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Absolutely, the only reason I run Windows on my Mac is for this version of Quicken.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

YES, Please...I have a Mac and my husband keeps his Windows just for Quicken. We'd like to become just a Mac family!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Quicken Home & Business is the best small business software but it would be even better on Mac OS. It is the only Windows based program that I have to run on Parallels on my Mac. Please do make a Mac version of Quicken Home & Business. Thanks!!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    I've been using Quicken Home and Business—gosh—can it be since the late 90s?  I would love to use quicken Home and Business for Mac, but I can't wait.  I bet my Bank will supply an Invoicing module on their website before Quicken has this ready.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

I only run windows on my mac for quicken and 1 work program.  Please get home and business for mac.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    I definitely would purchase Quicken again IF it had the exact same functionality as the Windows HB version.

I had been a loyal Quicken user since the early 2000's, but then switched to Mac in 2015, and since then, it has been a total nightmare. I gave up trying to use it, and literally ended up going old school with a ledger and pencil to record my transactions.

I would also like to see more development for Quicken's other products for the Mac as well. Believe it or not, there is quite a population of us Mac users out here - pretty much an untapped market for Nolo, if they would just focus on it.

Please, hurry!! :)
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

The same.  I want Quicken Home and Business for Mac so that I don't need to run it in a slow virtual Windows environment.  Per other discussion here, I want it available as a desktop version. 1. I want my data on my Mac.  2. I travel and internet is not always readily available where I go.  So having it on my MacBook is what makes sense.  If I did not need to run Parallels, it would be faster and take less battery.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

@Rafael: that's not a bad idea, but it would be something completely new for Quicken to develop. Most of us assume that if they do a Home & Business version for Mac, it would be similar to the Windows version -- an extension of the existing core Quicken product. Creating an online service would require starting program development from scratch, and I don't think they're likely to do that. Also, while you would be happy with an online service, there are many Quicken users who want their data stored locally and not in the cloud.

I would like to see Quicken Home and Business for Mac as well.  I ONLY buy parallels to run Quicken which is ridiculous. In fact, I would really like an online version with all the functionality and then I wouldn't need to worry about what type of computer I would need and could use it anywhere!!!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Absolutely, I am looking to upgrade my Home & Business but switch from Windows to Mac do I can get rid of my Windows machine.  No Mac equivalent. I was going to purchase today Quicken Home & Business for Mac, guess what it does not exist.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

@Rafael: that's not a bad idea, but it would be something completely new for Quicken to develop. Most of us assume that if they do a Home & Business version for Mac, it would be similar to the Windows version -- an extension of the existing core Quicken product. Creating an online service would require starting program development from scratch, and I don't think they're likely to do that. Also, while you would be happy with an online service, there are many Quicken users who want their data stored locally and not in the cloud.

I AGREE! I would like an online version as well.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

I've been asking for this for a couple of years now.  I'm about to give up on Quicken altogether b/c either my windows emulators are failing, or Quicken H&B 2016 and 2017 (I've tried both) are failing. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

I too run Quicken Home and Business on a partition of my Mac, but would really love to just run that version on my Mac.  Count me in on buying it as soon as available.  Please advise if any ETA
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

I'd purchase H&B in a heartbeat. Used it for years way back when. Just became too much of a hassle to partition for it. Not only that, I'd recommend it to my solo operator clients and followers.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Please make home and business for MAC !!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    As a small business owner, running on Mac since 1996, the biggest pain for a one person owner is traveling, then coming home to scan receipts, then to make an excel spreadsheet invoice for the client. Then I have to make a PDF of the receipts and the invoice so I can email it to the client.

All this time I've run my business on Quicken. I'm still using Quicken for Mac 2006, because there is no need to upgrade after 12 years. All it does is count my money and Mac 2018 doesn't offer me much of anything more than I need. But it could!

Imagine if my phone app would take a picture of my restaurant, taxi or hotel receipt, then code it to the client, then import it into an expense report and invoice for my client. That would be a huge time saver... especially since I'm a creative who hates math and anything associated with it, like a spreadsheet and invoice.

Then, if Quicken want to give me a great companion product, create a simple shopping cart that integrates my sales with my Mac Quicken for small business. I'd want an online product creation button with a thank you message on each purchase. I'd want to be able to do Square type sales from a phone app.

I've never used QuickBooks because it is way more than my small business needs. It is like killing flies with a sledge hammer.

Ten percent of the computer market is Mac, and many of us are small business owners who have been neglected by the previous owners of Quicken, who went for the big market. Money is being left on the table by the new Quicken if you don't seize this opportunity to serve the forgotten freelancers.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
     Quicken 2018 home and business for mac is it really being formatted?  These responses of yes, we're working on it are too vague. Can MAC users get a real timeline? FYI, most accountants request for their clients to use quicken but we can't as of right now.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Quicken 2018 home and business for mac is it really being formatted?  These responses of yes, we're working on it are too vague. Can MAC users get a real timeline? FYI, most accountants request for their clients to use quicken but we can't as of right now.

Pretty sure the official response from Quicken is that there were NO current plans to have a Quicken Home and Business Mac version.  

So...basically, there is NO timeline. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Yes, absolutely would love to have Home & Business version for the Mac!!!  Please get it on the roadmap soon.  Thank you!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Yes please. I am so unhappy that I can't just move my data to my new computer. Hoping the old one doesn't crash before I figure a work around. Now I need to learn how to put windows (which I don't want) onto my mac now.  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Yes, a Mac version of Home and Business for Mac would be fantastic.
    David
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Yes please! I'm actually considering running Quicken in VMware in order to get features that are only on the Windows Home & Business version.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

I really can't understand why it is taking so long for Quicken for Mac to get the ability to display data in Balance Sheet and Income Statement formats - like was in Quicken for Mac 2007.  It just report formatting.  Simple stuff. The engineers could do it quickly. Somebody is blocking this feature for some undisclosed reason.  VERY annoying.  Not very responsive to customers.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

absolutely a quicken home & business for mac would be awesome