PayPal OL-221-A errors

2»

Comments

• NoCoBillNoCoBill Member
    edited December 2017
    A Quicken update, Version R4.6, Build 27.1.4.6, was just released, downloaded and installed.  Unfortunately, this update did not fix the PayPal / OL-221-A error problem.

What gives, Quicken?  When can we expect a fix for this problem?
  • v.m.demolav.m.demola Member
    edited December 2017
    Why does it take so long to fix these problems? We use Quicken to manage our lives and businesses.
  • guadaguizguadaguiz Member
    edited December 2017

We have got some log files last week and we are looking into this. Will get back on this thread asap. 

Problem persists on both Mac & PC versions.
  • BoatnmaniacBoatnmaniac Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    The Quicken team confirmed to me this morning that they are
    working on this issue.  They've identified a common recurring data pattern error
    in the QFX logs that some of us have provided them the last couple of
    days and are currently evaluating the code to see what might have broken
    or needs to be updated.

I was told I'd be provided updates when they have something new to report.  When I get them I will update this post thread.
    edited December 2017
    Had occasional problems as well with Citbank. Not this particular error, but intermittent server failures to connect.
  • BoatnmaniacBoatnmaniac Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Maybe this PayPal OL-221-A issue has been fixed?  I just ran OSU on 4 different Quicken files and the PayPal accounts in each of them updated correctly with all transactions being downloaded for the last couple of months (causing me to delete some duplicate transactions).  Keeping my fingers crossed that this means the issue has been resolved.
    edited December 2017
    I just did an update and the PayPal download failed with OL-221-A.  So, for me, it's still broken.
  • PeteVPeteV Member
    edited March 2018
    I just did a transaction update and my PayPal OL-221-A issue has been fixed. I am running Quicken 2017 version: R15; Build 26.1.15.5 .  Note: My desktop application was not updated to fix this problem.
  • N11N11 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    PeteV said:

I just did a transaction update and my PayPal OL-221-A issue has been fixed. I am running Quicken 2017 version: R15; Build 26.1.15.5 .  Note: My desktop application was not updated to fix this problem.

Same here...just updated properly. Thanks for your posts and thanks to the Quicken team.
  • N11N11 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017

Maybe this PayPal OL-221-A issue has been fixed?  I just ran OSU on 4 different Quicken files and the PayPal accounts in each of them updated correctly with all transactions being downloaded for the last couple of months (causing me to delete some duplicate transactions).  Keeping my fingers crossed that this means the issue has been resolved.

Same here...just updated properly. Thanks for your posts and thanks to the Quicken team.
  • N11N11 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017

• CJCJ Member
    edited December 2017
    I can confirm that it is working now also.  Thank you Quicken !!
    edited December 2017
    I'm using Quicken 2018, Version R4.6, Build 27.1.4.6 (this is the latest version) and I can confirm that downloads from PayPal are most definitely NOT working.
  • Alan StiversAlan Stivers Member
    edited December 2017
    PayPal is now updating properly for me. I’m using 2017 H&B R15.
  • CJCJ Member
    edited December 2017
    It works for me on Quicken 2017 H&B R15 build 26.1.15.5
    edited December 2017
    I just upgraded both OS's to 2018. I was having the same trouble on Q 2017.
  • deliusfandeliusfan Member
    edited December 2017
    My build, the same as CJ but Deluxe version of R15 build 26.1.15.5 now works as well. Glad to see it starting to work for people. 
  • MarciMarci Member
    edited December 2017
    I'm using Quicken 2018, VR4.6,Build 27.1.4.6 and downloads from PayPay are working but Target National Bank is still not working.
    edited December 2017
    Last night, as PayPal downloads began working for others, I was still seeing the OL-221-A error.  But this morning, it works!!!  Thanks for the fix, Quicken!

My guess is I had to wait overnight for the Quicken process on the Quicken hosted server to re-download my transaction from PayPal to the Quicken hosted server.  That must've refreshed my PayPal data on the Quicken hosted server, allowing me to successfully download those to my PC.
  • wspotmeyerwspotmeyer Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Working for me as well now on QW2018 R3.4. Thanks, Quicken!
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hi All,

I'm glad to hear the downloads are now working correctly.  I can confirm that as of this morning the error has cleared on my PayPal account as well.

Thank you to everyone who posted on this issue and an especially big thanks to those who shared their log files with us!  

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.