Capital One 360 downloads a no-go

2»

Comments

• PatPat Member
    edited September 2017
    Yep, I was on the phone this AM for 45 minutes and when finishing, was worse off than when starting.  Gal on the other end was clueless because everything she told me to do and when giving her the result, had to go ask/tell somebody about it.  When she had me to deactivate account, it would not come back.  Fortunately had backup from yesterday.  She told me to call back tomorrow and see if it was up.  This after she told me was handed a memo that they had the problem fixed.  NOT!
  • OliverOliver Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I'm still affected by this issue (on August 22nd.) So is this a Quicken or a Capital One 360 issue?
  • RyanRyan Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Oliver said:

I'm still affected by this issue (on August 22nd.) So is this a Quicken or a Capital One 360 issue?

The error message I receive when trying to reconnect my account says it's Quickens fault.
  • RyanRyan Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Ryan said:

Still not working for me.  It's been just over a week since I was able to download. 

8/23 - Still not working.
  • JimL243JimL243 Member
    edited August 2017
    Same here for over a week. Went thru a chat session this morning and sent me to the "mostly resolved" post. Told me no choice but to wait and try again.. 
  • David LiebDavid Lieb Member
    edited September 2017
    I had this issue for a week and a half. I called Capital One tech support a couple times, but the only thing they could help with was to confirm that it is your user name and the "access code". I eventually found this page in the Quicken Support files
    https://www.quicken.com/support/what-do-if-my-bank-not-listed-quicken-or-if-my-bank-was-recently-add...
    Under Quicken for WIndows on this page, there is a section called "Second, refresh Branding & Profile: " which details the process of telling your copy of Quicken that they should update their list of servers and so forth for this bank. This resolved my problem and everything is happiness and joy in my one-step updates now.
  • Marc AdamsMarc Adams Member
    edited August 2017
    Not working again for me after about a week of things working okay.  Appears that Quicken and Capital One 360 have some bigger issues to work out than a change to a link or api connection.  

The fact that Quicken can't update us on the issue regularly speaks to it being a larger issue. So much for new management and promises of improvements and customer focus.  
  • CourierGuyCourierGuy Member
    edited September 2017

Dennis: What's your point? I said in OP that I've already seen that link. Still not working.

09/12/2017 I'm still not able to sync all pf my accounts and Capital One 360 and Spark Business Customerb Service doesn't care.
  • mlowy001mlowy001 Member
    edited September 2017

I had this issue for a week and a half. I called Capital One tech support a couple times, but the only thing they could help with was to confirm that it is your user name and the "access code". I eventually found this page in the Quicken Support files
    https://www.quicken.com/support/what-do-if-my-bank-not-listed-quicken-or-if-my-bank-was-recently-add...
    Under Quicken for WIndows on this page, there is a section called "Second, refresh Branding & Profile: " which details the process of telling your copy of Quicken that they should update their list of servers and so forth for this bank. This resolved my problem and everything is happiness and joy in my one-step updates now.

The steps on this page worked for me, too.  Too bad you have to find an Easter egg to fix the problem. Really, Quicken?
  • CourierGuyCourierGuy Member
    edited September 2017
    I'm a private investigator and located the personal email addresses for the President, Chairman and many VPs at Capital One. I emailed all of them about the problems and am receiving follow up calls and emails everyday. Capital One management now knows about the issue and say they are working to resolve the issue ASAP.
  • David LiebDavid Lieb Member
    edited September 2017

I'm a private investigator and located the personal email addresses for the President, Chairman and many VPs at Capital One. I emailed all of them about the problems and am receiving follow up calls and emails everyday. Capital One management now knows about the issue and say they are working to resolve the issue ASAP.

Although the problem was caused by Capital One consolidating their login scheme, the solution is entirely dependent upon Quicken. The remedy is already there, but neither Quicken not Capital One are aware of it.
  • Sharon BergSharon Berg Member
    edited December 2017
    For anyone that is still having this problem... If you deactivate the download feature (Right click account; choose "Online Services" tab, click "Deactivate" button), then choose to setup again you will be asked for an "ACTIVATION CODE"... NOT your password. This code is available by going to your CapitalOne account and clicking (for me it was near the top right) "account services & settings" menu. A window will open where you will find "Get Access Code" under "Account Management". Once you have this code, then go to setup the Online Services automatic download. When asked if you want to setup click yes and you will then see a request for User ID and ACTIVATION CODE (not password). Enter the code you created. Another option window will open with choices to "link" your existing accounts, or set up new ones. 

Hope this helps anyone that comes across these posts.
This discussion has been closed.