Problem updating CapitalOne

edejedej Member
edited July 2018 in

I have removed one step update and activated it. sometimes it works, but a day or two later it stops again with error code CC-506. When it does work, it duplicates many reconciled transactions.

Comments

• EdEd Member
    edited January 2018

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having with downloading transactions. If you could lease, take a look at the following article and go through the steps:http://knowledgebase.quicken.com/support/help/downloading-accounts-and-transactions-from-your-bank/message-...

It is not mentioned in the article, but I strongly urge you to back up your file as is before starting the process. Also, the last set of instructions are quite detailed so be sure to look them over carefully. If you have any questions about the process or if the issues persists please reply below.
  • Mike PMike P Member
    edited July 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled QWin: One step update issue with Capital One.

I have been downloading transactions for a Capital One credit card with One Step Update successfully for some time. Sometime in the last month or so, when One Step Update runs, it will pop up a 'Capital One Card Services Account Access' box that asks me 'Please choose a way to receive a one time code'. I click the drop down box and select my email address and say OK. Half of the time the One Step Update will proceed and download my transactions OK (I do NOT get any one time code sent to me).
    The other half of the time, I get a password error, which I remedy by going back into the Password Vault and re-entering the exact same password that is already in the vault and saving it. If I run One Step Update again, it works.
    At no time do I ever get send a one time password from Capital One.

Is there a fix for me not having to constantly re-enter my credentials into the Password Vault?
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Mike P said:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled QWin: One step update issue with Capital One.

I have been downloading transactions for a Capital One credit card with One Step Update successfully for some time. Sometime in the last month or so, when One Step Update runs, it will pop up a 'Capital One Card Services Account Access' box that asks me 'Please choose a way to receive a one time code'. I click the drop down box and select my email address and say OK. Half of the time the One Step Update will proceed and download my transactions OK (I do NOT get any one time code sent to me).
    The other half of the time, I get a password error, which I remedy by going back into the Password Vault and re-entering the exact same password that is already in the vault and saving it. If I run One Step Update again, it works.
    At no time do I ever get send a one time password from Capital One.

Is there a fix for me not having to constantly re-enter my credentials into the Password Vault?

Merged onto an old thread, creating a new thread

Please reference the new conversation here: One Step update is not Saving Credentials