Investment tab shows incorrect number of shares

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Investment tab shows 86.666667 shares, Security Detail shows Shares Bought 260 2/4/2003.  All other entries for that security are cash dividends.  There are no Placeholders.   Just converted from 2015 Premier to 2018 Premier.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Are you missing or do you have one too many Stock Split entries for this security?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Thanks, but there have been no splits.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

So that we can research your issue more fully, can you name the security and provide it's ticker symbol?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017
    Can you expand the Portfolio View and see the individual lots for that security...and maybe track down the wayward transaction(s)?
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

When did this anomaly first show up?  You could go to Holdings and then just start flipping forward to month ends as see when the share number changes, then narrow it down to the exact day.

Have you run an Investment Transactions report covering only this security from first purchase to the current date.  Maybe there was a reverse split or some other transaction that you're simply overlooking if you're eyeballing the Investment Account itself.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2018
    The security is DUK.  I just went through all the transactions and found an erroneous split transaction.  I deleted it and all is well.  Sorry UKR, I had checked security for splits, but not the detail in Quicken.  This occurred only after I converted to 2018.  I wonder what else the conversion messed up.

Thanks all, consider this closed
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

The security is DUK.  I just went through all the transactions and found an erroneous split transaction.  I deleted it and all is well.  Sorry UKR, I had checked security for splits, but not the detail in Quicken.  This occurred only after I converted to 2018.  I wonder what else the conversion messed up.

Thanks all, consider this closed

DUK did undergo a 1-for-3 reverse split in July, 2012.  Effects of that split may have come through a quotes download.  If you did not own the 260 shares in July, 2012 (pre-split) the shares should not have been affected.  
This discussion has been closed.