QW2015 R15 Alright solutions 401k

Steven Brown
Steven Brown Member ✭✭
edited June 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Quicken 2015 Deluxe R15 Windows 7.
My Alright solutions 401k data stopped downloading 12/14/17.  Says I need to check password.  Password is okay I can access my account on the alright solutions web site with same password I have been using all along.  Cannot access though now on Quicken.  Something changed.  Anyone else having trouble?  

Also Quicken directs you to the alright solutions splash screen, but when I need to access the splash screen asks me to enter my company info first and then put in name and password?

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Does your password have any "special characters"?

If so, change your online password to one with no special characters, then Deactivate your account in Quicken and Reactivate it using the new password.

Make sure you "LINK" the account (do NOT "Add") at the end of the connection process. 
  • Steven Brown
    Steven Brown Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I changed password to one with no special characters and it still is telling me I have an incorrect password.  Deactivated account and tried to re-activate still telling me I have an invalid password. Once again the new password works on the alright solutions website.  Thanks for the suggestion ready to try the next suggestion thank you.
  • K.O. (Win-Premier)
    K.O. (Win-Premier) Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    See this link. Try the instructions.  Don't worry that your problem is different than the problem listed in the thread.

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/resolution-5-3-17-errors-unable-to-verify-or-ol-...
  • Steven Brown
    Steven Brown Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Did not work KO.  I had deactivated my account from the earlier advice so it was not in the drop down list in the online center so I restored a backup and tried this time but again it asked for a password and quicken continues to tell me my password is incorrect for alright solutions.  Can someone please tell me if they have had similar problems?  Please keep the ideas coming.  Thank you
  • Joe22
    Joe22 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    If it makes you feel any better, I just started to have this issues as well with Alight and Quicken 2015.  It started after I logged on to the actual web site, which required me to change my password, and PIN. (I wanted to do an year end reallocation)   I went into QW's password vault to update my password, and ever since, I am unable to reconnect to Alright, using my old password, new password, or deactivate the online service.
  • Steven Brown
    Steven Brown Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Surprised more users are not using Alight(formally Hewitt).  Does Quicken read and respond to issues in the live community or at this point should I contact Quicken via phone?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    I'm having a similar problem with Alright Solutions that also started mid December, but I am receiving a "OL-297-"error.  Claims to be an internet connection error, but all my other accounts work fine.  I tried K.O.'s link (in this thread), but it didn't help. I also reset my cookie handling per Quicken Support https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-ol-297  to no avail.  Has anyone solved this issue?
  • Steven Brown
    Steven Brown Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Please follow this earlier issue I had which may be similar to the one you are having.  Sorry I do not see a way to link.  
    "Alight Solutions formally Hewitt no longer able to download transactions OL-297-A"

Maybe you already saw it?  Good luck it worked for me before this latest  unrelated issue.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Steve, It worked! Thanks a million. I hope you can resolve your other issue.
  • Joe22
    Joe22 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I have tried the TLS solution and it does not work (link)  I went through each combination, and TLS1.2 is the only one that would even give me a working connection.     I did try the cookie solution which did not work for me either.
  • jmazzolini
    jmazzolini Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I have the exact same problem.  There is another page for this exact issue on this site here
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/alight-solutions-user-name-password-loop?topic-r...

(below is what I just posted on the other page)

Feb 9th, 2018 -  Did anyone get this fixed?  I too have this exact same problem.  Quicken worked fine for years and stopped updating a few months back when Alight Solutions transferred the Hewitt 401K.  I called Alight Solutions and they are still giving false information and saying it is a Quicken problem.  They said they were transferring me to technical support but they transferred me to Quicken support which I waited 1hr on Hold so just hung up and googled the problem here.  I don't see why it is a quicken problem when I am using the exact information to log in that Alight Solutions provides.  Quicken worked fine previously.   

Update - I called Alight Solutions and they opened a technical service ticket on it.  The rep said she would get back with me within 48 hours.  I hope their technical team takes it seriously and works on the problem.  I'm sure they could fix it if they put effort into it (assuming they have at least a few smart technical people). 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ---For reference, the other page has this posted from the Quicken Rep-----------------------

Quicken Sarah, Official Rep

• 6,292 Points 

5k badge 2x thumb

Hi Denise,

I've been researching this login loop issue and based on my additional research I was able to confirm that the login credentials should be the User ID for Alight Solutions website, followed by a hyphen and then a 5 digit company code so the instructions to use SSN do not appear to be correct.  Are you entering a full 5 digit number for the company code?  I'm assuming so but just wanted to check.

The login requirements are transmitted to Quicken directly by the Financial Institution's branding and profile server.  If there is a malformed or missing information in the Institution's branding or profile it can cause incorrect requirements to be sent to Quicken.  I suspect that is what is happening for you and the other User's who have posted regarding this issue as Alight Solutions has confirmed you are using the correct login credentials.

Since these requirements are held by Alight Solutions and their server, we at Quicken are unable to access or correct the malformed/missing information.  The only ones who can will be Alight Solutions.  I highly recommend contacting their Customer Support team once more and requesting escalation to the OFX team.  You will need to provide the OFX Log to Alight Solutions escalation team to review for the missing/malformed data, that tells them where the issue is and what needs to be corrected in the server.

To find the OFX log in Quicken, open the Help menu at the very top and select "Log Files".  In the window that opens click on the top file titled "OFXLog", it can be saved to a location on the computer to provide to Alight Solutions.

This discussion has been closed.