mobile App on iPhone Can't Delete Manual Transaction Anymore

I upgraded Quicken this week and completed the New ID using Quicken's cloud instead of Intuit, and Now I noticed that the trash can (delete) option is no longer available on the iPhone version of the mobile app.  (It has never been available on the iPad).  I can still delete the transactions on the Mac app of course but I really liked being able to do to this from the phone.  Is this coming back??

Comments

• DaGoatRancherDaGoatRancher Member
    edited January 2018
    I noticed this too. Not sure what is going on. Why would they remove that function. You can't even modify the amount if you entered it wrong. How does this basic functionality get removed or overlooked ?
  • Michael DoddMichael Dodd Member
    edited October 2017
    To make things worse.. I found two transactions on my iPhone that do still have a trash can on them.  The rest do not and that is weird.  Not to mention that when you first add the transaction, if you pull it up within 10 seconds on adding it.. the trash can will be there.  Once it finishes syncing online however, the trashcan is gone (It will literally disappear in front of your eyes).
    edited November 2017

To make things worse.. I found two transactions on my iPhone that do still have a trash can on them.  The rest do not and that is weird.  Not to mention that when you first add the transaction, if you pull it up within 10 seconds on adding it.. the trash can will be there.  Once it finishes syncing online however, the trashcan is gone (It will literally disappear in front of your eyes).

Wow !! That is weird, but I don't get anything like that. Never see the trash can. Not even just after saving the transaction. I am on the latest IOS 11.0.1 on my iphone and ipad. No way to delete from the app at all in my case.
  • Michael DoddMichael Dodd Member
    edited October 2017

it's only for a a few seconds, but you gotta be fast.. You have to add the transaction, then go back to previous accounts page, tap the account, wait for it to load again and select the new transaction.  it will be there for about 2 seconds.. then disappear never to return again.  It's like you can delete it before the sync is complete.  Once it syncs with the cloud you cannot see the trashcan Icon again.  

I was on the phone with tech support and in the process of reporting this I stumbled on two transactions that still had trashcans.  There is definitely a problem here.. 
    edited October 2017

Yes. I agree there is a problem. Not the first time. Actually the iPad app has always had this issue. I tried without success to get Intuit, at the time, to get it fixed. So I would just go to the iPhone app to get a transaction deleted. Now that is broken too. We should be able to delete the transaction or modify the transaction amount as well. Thanks for your efforts.
  • Rich FarkasRich Farkas Member
    edited October 2017
    Same issue....tired of the non-functionality of Quicken Mobile... going to Banktivity.
  • Paul HoffmanPaul Hoffman Member
    edited October 2018
    Why does Quicken Support not see these kinds of posts and fix the problems? Somebody at Quicken needs to learn that the customer is always right or risk losing customers. Deleting a transaction is a basic function that everybody needs at some time.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

Why does Quicken Support not see these kinds of posts and fix the problems? Somebody at Quicken needs to learn that the customer is always right or risk losing customers. Deleting a transaction is a basic function that everybody needs at some time.

If you haven't already, you may want to uninstall and reinstall the app.  If the issue persists, I suggest contacting Quicken Support.
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 10 
  • RomanRoman Member
    edited January 2018
    Here is my experience with this issue. I bought the Quicken subscription on Jan 1st this year and shortly after I redeemed the Dropbox offer. My quota increased right away by 5GB.

On Jan 13th the space disappeared. I contacted the dropbox tech support and they informed me that the coupon from Quicken had an expiration date, Jan 13th.

I contacted then the Quicken tech support. When I described my problem they were totally baffled, they didn't know that the coupon had an expiration date. The person I chatted with elevated the issue to some higher tech support level and was very nice and issued me a new coupon.

I asked him if this coupon also had an expiration date, he didn't know and he said it shouldn't. It shouldn't I asked?

After a few minutes he said that even the guys at higher level didn't know and were surprised with this whole issue.

I asked the tech guy to check this forum thread and see that a lot of people have the same problem and Quicken rep should give an official response and advise.

It was like a week ago, looks like nobody from Quicken showed up.

So my advise to everyone that has this problem, contact Quicken and ask for a new coupon. This suppose to be part of our subscription cost, so demand it.

Hopefully this helps someone

cheers
    Roman