Quiken does not launch in 2018

Quicken 2018 US does not launch in 2018 however if you reset your computer date to 2017 it will launch no problem  so Quicken please solve this problem?

Comments

• Bob ZimmerBob Zimmer Member
    edited July 2018
    How can Quicken make this error and then offer ZERO support during a year end changeover.  If they can miss a software error this serious, what else does their software miss that I am not aware of?  The head of your testing organization should be fired for an error that is this obvious.  How hard is it to test for the change of a year?  Did you not expect the year to change from 2017 to 2018?  I guess you really were relying on the guy from North Korea to end the world before today.  Didn't happen so I expect you to fix your software sometime this week.  Although after the experience I had with automatically updating my Credit Union's accounts, I guess the software will work by sometime in October of 2018.  I'm not optimistic about having this available in the near future, can you recommend a competitor that actually tries to help its customers?
  • a.alderson74a.alderson74 Member
    edited January 2018

How can Quicken make this error and then offer ZERO support during a year end changeover.  If they can miss a software error this serious, what else does their software miss that I am not aware of?  The head of your testing organization should be fired for an error that is this obvious.  How hard is it to test for the change of a year?  Did you not expect the year to change from 2017 to 2018?  I guess you really were relying on the guy from North Korea to end the world before today.  Didn't happen so I expect you to fix your software sometime this week.  Although after the experience I had with automatically updating my Credit Union's accounts, I guess the software will work by sometime in October of 2018.  I'm not optimistic about having this available in the near future, can you recommend a competitor that actually tries to help its customers?

Same problem here, absurd error.  Used the program 2 weeks ago (last pay day) without problem. Today is a never-ending whitish screen and blue spinning circle.
  • MorganMorgan Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken 2018 fails on New Years Day.

I'm running Quicken 2018. It fails to

access my database even after re-installing the software. Updating to R4.7,

validating it, etc. Since it is New Years day I tested by changing the date on

my computer to Dec 31, 2017 (yesterday). It accessed my data cleanly. Not a

good solution....how can I pass this info on to the Quicken developers?
  • Quicken AbhishekQuicken Abhishek Member, Employee
    edited January 2018
    Apologies for the inconvenience caused. We are looking into this issue and we shall keep you updated on this shortly.

Thanks,
    Abhishek
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

Merging with main thread.

Please reference the new conversation here: 2018 Not Responding