Re: Update 12/19/17: Capital One accounts not working--It's Working Now!

13»

Comments

• edited December 2017

I got my Capital One Bank account to reset today following the provided instructions.  I have not been able to connect to my Capital One credit card.  I keep getting CC-501, a Quicken Server error.  Logging into the credit card website did not solve the problem.  Called Quicken and they said it was a Capital One problem.

same here.  got a lot of transactions downloaded that were previously downloaded, but hey, I ain't complaining, it's working!
  • MBKMBK Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    MBK said:

Not working for me 12:27 pm est 12/21/17, cannot connect via Quicken to Capital one.  Says password is wrong.  It is not.

Think it's time for Quicken to lock this thread.  That seems to be Quicken's way of dealing with the issue--lock all threads where people express unhappiness about the Quicken-Capital One data communication situation.  Make it more difficult for customers to complain and communicate with each other and to find out what is going on.

NO I wouldn't agree with that.  The constant creation of new threads makes it almost impossible to find the lastest informqtion on what is going on.  Presumably this is a deliberate attempt to avoid long strings of comments in which people express unhapiness with Quicken.  The logical place to look for info and to comment on this issue is here, https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/new-12-15-17-capital-one-accounts-not-working?to...  which seems to be the official Quicken post on the issue.  But that post is both locked and out of date.  I can understand that Quicken may have some real difficulties resolving the underlying issue.  But its got no one to blame but itself for manipulating its own support message board system in a way that imay avoid it some short term embarassment, but is profoundly unhelpful to its customers.
  • John D. WyattJohn D. Wyatt Member
    edited December 2017
    I closed my accounts at CapOne after a week of incredible frustration and spending 20 hours on this issue.  I moved all my accounts to USAA and it works just fine. They also support Quicken Direct Connect and not the much less functional Quicken Express Web Connect.  
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    We are closing all of the extraneous threads in order to guide people to one place - https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/new-12-15-17-capital-one-accounts-not-working - where can we update them with the latest information.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • shotgunzshotgunz Member
    edited February 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Capital One CC; CC-501 error.

Cannot download Capital One CC transactions.  Getting CC-501 error.

• edited December 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Capital One still not working for me with CC-502 error.

I saw the reports that Capital One was fixed, but the updates are still failing for me with a CC-502 error. Is that the same issue or do I need to call in to get this corrected? This is a month-old install of Quicken 2018 for Windows.
  • Bruce HullBruce Hull Member
    edited December 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Express Web Connect with Capital One Bank.

These are my
    thoughts upon my successful connection between C1 and Q18.

The good thing

is that my Q18 account is connected to C1 via EWC.

The bad things

are (1) C1 passes an Online Balance which includes Pending Transactions, but

does not pass those transactions to Q18. C1 should be passing an Online Balance

that does not include the Pending Transactions.

(2) Q18 seems

to require an exact match of the transaction date. If not, a new transaction

will be generated. (I believe this is why many are having fits with their older

transactions.)

Quicken 2018 Deluxe

on Windows 10 Home 1709. 
  • John SJohn S Member
    edited December 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken and C1 still unable to connect 12/24 Error CC-501.

I guess no Christmas gift from Quicken or C1 as I still can't connect.  For the past two days  error CC-501.  After the week long fiasco of not being able to connect I finally connected on Friday & Saturday.  Quicken never has a problem asking to upgrade, funny how that is, even though I've told it not to remind me time and again.

Now I get:

During the last online session, Quicken encountered an online
    error [CC-501].

What does that mean?

Quicken is unable to update your account because of an error

on the Quicken server
    . Please do not contact your financial institution. They

cannot resolve this problem. 
  • Mara BMara B Member
    edited January 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled need help with Capital One Bank - new.

The other thread about this issue is marked Solved.

I read one needs to change the url for Capital One Bank - new to 'verified.capitalone.com' - how is this done? 

I can get Capital One Bank - new to show up when I try to connect but it has the old url.  And when I try to connect an error message CC-503 comes up saying my login is incorrect.

I have attempted to follow the instructions from the earlier thread but I can't download the new FI list as Capital One is no longer listed as I disabled my access previously in an attempt to renew it....

This is really frustrating