Tie Investment to the Future Silver Price

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited August 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Can I track an investment in a commodity in Home, Business & Rental Quicken 2018, such as Silver, using a futures price tied to SI=F?

Comments

• Michael Jones
    Michael Jones Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Not that I know of.  You can of course setup a 'manual' company and use the ticker for whatever you want, assuming Quicken can find that ticker, and assign it to the company.  You can use a ticker for more than one company.  I do it now for stock in my 401(k) accounts and outside it as well.

Don't know if that helps?
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    One can generally use SLV or GLD for current commodity prices of silver and gold, likely recognizing a conversion factor if trying to represent ounces as shares.  I do not know of any such vehicle for Futures pricing nor is there any direct way to get CMX exchange pricing.  
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    q.lurker said:

One can generally use SLV or GLD for current commodity prices of silver and gold, likely recognizing a conversion factor if trying to represent ounces as shares.  I do not know of any such vehicle for Futures pricing nor is there any direct way to get CMX exchange pricing.  

RE: CMX, another user recently has posted that they can get CMX quotes by using the prefix CMX: (just like using TSX: or VSX:). I do not have direct experience with this.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.