Home Quicken for Windows Product Ideas - Quicken for Windows Display/UI (Windows)

Quicken Windows 2017: Add user selectable color palette options (27 Legacy Votes)

2»

Comments

• AlAl Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Two updates later and still no color pallet. I have a feeling Quicken will bring back the window color pallet in 2018ver so users will upgrade just to get the feature back.  I hope I am wrong.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Update, Nov. 2017

Quicken 2018 has a changed color palette and has added the capability to customize this palette.

There still are a few rough spots with the whole process. Not all charts appear to use the new color palette yet. Some that do appear to have problems switching over to using a customized palette instead of the new default.

I'm hoping for the programmers to fix those issues soon.

• ladychowladychow Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I just upgraded to Quicken Home and Business 2017 and the Lifetime Planner colors are simply horrible.  I hope Quicken updates the ability to change the color palette.  Since they went to the subscription service, this is likely to be my last upgrade so looking at magenta and cyan for the rest of my life would be terrible.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    ladychow said:

I just upgraded to Quicken Home and Business 2017 and the Lifetime Planner colors are simply horrible.  I hope Quicken updates the ability to change the color palette.  Since they went to the subscription service, this is likely to be my last upgrade so looking at magenta and cyan for the rest of my life would be terrible.

I would guess that Quicken 2017 isn't going to get any more updates, certainly not ones as non critical as this.
  • AlAl Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    ladychow said:

I doubt they will fix the horrible Q2017 color pallet for the simple reason of economics. Fixed in 2018 version to lure you in to buying a subscription service. Been using quicken since DOS. I won't be upgrading unless they bring the cost down to 25.00 a yr. which would balance the cost of my Q2017 premier 3yr product before online services are terminated.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    ladychow said:

You might get that wish for at least the first couple of years if you wait for a sale.  Of course that really might only apply to this year and next, by the time Quicken 2017 expires it might not work that way any more (it might, it might not).  I would certainly not expect it come 2021 when everyone is on the subscription.  Some discounts maybe, but no really big ones.

As in for basically forever the model has been the earlier adopters pay retail or just say 10% less.  But in the 2 to 4 month range they tend to have really big sales (through the retailers).  Note at about the 6 month range the prices tend to go back up again, not full retail, but not the best discounts either.

For what is worth, I think they might lose a good percentage of the "3 year buyers", but in the end that won't make a difference.

Some of these people will think Quicken is worth the price, especially after they check out the competition.  Quicken use is a love/hate situation, but almost everyone agrees that in fact none of the competition provides what Quicken does.  Some can get along without everything, some can't.

They will probably even lose some of the "two year buyers", that don't really care about the economics (or don't really understand/check it out) and will leave just because they are now seeing "subscription", even for at least 10 years they have basically been on a subscription for the online services.

But this is a business and it is pretty clear to me that Quicken Inc values their product higher than the 3 year buyers want.  And only the market (as in they start making less money) will change their minds.

And personally I don't see that happening.  I think the economics are in their favor.
  • AlAl Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    ladychow said:

Thanks for your input and I agree with your analysis.  At the current cost, it's almost triple the price for three yrs. I'll be looking into the possibility of downloading the info directly from the institutions and importing it. The only reason for me to upgrade is to get rid of the damn pastel colors. LOL
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    ladychow said:

For Quicken Windows, the only possibility to import transactions past the discontinuation date, is QIF format.  Note on the Mac side there is no possibility.  It doesn't import QIF files for transaction importing, and all other formats are cut off.
  • Dawn HerkeyDawn Herkey Member
    edited December 2017
    I would very much love to be able to adjust all view colors! If I'm going to be staring at my screen for an extended period of time because updates are not so automatic it would be nice if it was easier on the eyes.
  • AlAl Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017

I would very much love to be able to adjust all view colors! If I'm going to be staring at my screen for an extended period of time because updates are not so automatic it would be nice if it was easier on the eyes.

Assuming you are using q2017.Only way you can change the colors is to upgrade to 2018. Many users have made a request to update the horrible color scheme. It's apparent that Quicken is only interested in selling so don't expect Quicken to fix it. What we need is some serious programmers/hackers to add new color pallets.
  • George FriedmanGeorge Friedman Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled display colors.

Display colors - My eyes are very unhappy that your displays have too much white all the time. Can't you give them a break with a way to tone down the white with various shades of gray?
This discussion has been closed.