Automatic download and accept transactions

Options
How to I set my update setting such that my transactions download at the scheduled time and those transactions are automatically accepted without me having to manually accept all transactions in the register? Quicken 2017 Windows

Comments

• Vetta
    Vetta Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    In the Download Transactions tab hit "accept all."  You will need to do this from within each account register. But most experienced users recommend against doing this without checking for things like errors, duplicates, and wrong categories first.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Thank you. Yes, this is what I have been doing. What I would like to know if there is a way to automate the acceptance of all transactions WITHOUT going through the steps above, something that I was able to do in prior versions of Quicken.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Edit > Preferences > Downloaded transactions > Check "Automatically add to banking registers". 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Many thanks again. Unfortunately when I went to implement the solution I found that that option was already checked, but did not have the desired effect. After my next update I still had to manually reconcile the transactions with the register.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi Charlton,

I just wanted to check if you had adjusted the "Automatically Add to Registers" option on the account level?  Quicken offers two places to adjust that setting, on both a global (affects all accounts) and account (only affects one account) level and the account level option will supersede the global option.

If you aren't sure, you can check by opening the "Tools" menu at the top of Quicken and selecting Account List, then click the "edit" button to the right of the account name in question.  In the new window that opens select the middle tab "Online Services".  Just to the left of the "deactivate" button should be a blue link that says "Automatic Entry is: _".  Click the link to make any needed changes, if it isn't marked already I suggest choosing the middle options to always automatically add transactions.

I hope this helps but please let us know!

Sarah
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    This worked perfectly, Sarah. Thank you.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options

This worked perfectly, Sarah. Thank you.

Hi Charlton,

I'm very glad to hear that that worked for you and appreciate you posting back with the update.  Let us know if we can be of any further help.

Thanks!

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.