Quicken Billpay included in QWin 2018 Premier and above for no extra charge?

2»

Comments

• GoQwknGoQwkn Member
    edited October 2018
    If you are an existing Quicken Bill Pay user, it will save you around $120/year (assuming you don't exceed the number of free payments allowed) by subscribing to Quicken 2018 Premier.  I upgraded to Quicken 2018 Premier for Windows.  However, you have to re-enroll with Quicken Bill Pay (technically Metavante Payment Services, LLC).  Choose the Quicken 2018 membership option from the Quicken Bill Pay web site.  The entire process took me about a week and you will be required to provide a lot of personal information (even if you have a Bill Pay account with Metavante).  Search the Quicken Community forum for questions / comments / complaints about the new Bill Pay process.  The micro-deposits occurred into my funding account after my account was verified, and you will need to log in to Quicken Bill Pay to confirm the micro deposits.  It took 3 days for the micro deposits after I had faxed the required information.  Once you have your new Bill Pay account established, you will need to deactivate the existing Bill Pay account in Quicken 2018 and reactivate it with the new Bill Pay account credentials.  Remember to also call Quicken Bill Pay to cancel the account.  There is also a web link to cancel and you can find this information by clicking the Bell icon in the Quicken title bar and seeing items which need attention.  If you do not cancel, you will continue to be charged for your existing Quicken Bill Pay account.
  • MrTimmyMrTimmy Member
    edited October 2017
    GoQwkn said:

If you are an existing Quicken Bill Pay user, it will save you around $120/year (assuming you don't exceed the number of free payments allowed) by subscribing to Quicken 2018 Premier.  I upgraded to Quicken 2018 Premier for Windows.  However, you have to re-enroll with Quicken Bill Pay (technically Metavante Payment Services, LLC).  Choose the Quicken 2018 membership option from the Quicken Bill Pay web site.  The entire process took me about a week and you will be required to provide a lot of personal information (even if you have a Bill Pay account with Metavante).  Search the Quicken Community forum for questions / comments / complaints about the new Bill Pay process.  The micro-deposits occurred into my funding account after my account was verified, and you will need to log in to Quicken Bill Pay to confirm the micro deposits.  It took 3 days for the micro deposits after I had faxed the required information.  Once you have your new Bill Pay account established, you will need to deactivate the existing Bill Pay account in Quicken 2018 and reactivate it with the new Bill Pay account credentials.  Remember to also call Quicken Bill Pay to cancel the account.  There is also a web link to cancel and you can find this information by clicking the Bell icon in the Quicken title bar and seeing items which need attention.  If you do not cancel, you will continue to be charged for your existing Quicken Bill Pay account.

Thanks for the summary.
  • edited October 2017
    GoQwkn said:

Ditto. I really appreciate you sharing that with us.
  • jimaikinsjimaikins Member
    edited December 2017
    GoQwkn said:

Don't convert yet, though, as their enrollment process is at least 2 weeks slower than advertised and you won't be able to use billpay while you wait
  • Mark FertigMark Fertig Member
    edited July 2018
    The Quicken Billpay sign-up requires sending or faxing an excessive amount of personal documentation (copy of Social Security card, copy of drivers's license, etc.), all of which is NOT mandated by federal regulations.

Don't expose yourself to identity theft and cybercrime to save a couple dollars.Skip the "free' Bill Pay and seek other options.

here: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-2018-premier-setting-up-included-quicken...
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

The Quicken Billpay sign-up requires sending or faxing an excessive amount of personal documentation (copy of Social Security card, copy of drivers's license, etc.), all of which is NOT mandated by federal regulations.

Don't expose yourself to identity theft and cybercrime to save a couple dollars.Skip the "free' Bill Pay and seek other options.

here: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-2018-premier-setting-up-included-quicken...

Hey Mark, 

Here is a link to the Metavante terms and conditions link https://billpaydemo.metavante.com/csp/ws/METAVANTEBP/html/TermsAndConditions.html.  I have included an excerpt regarding your statement above.  

"Important Information About Procedures for Opening a New Account.To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money-laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.

What this means for you:When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you.We may also ask to see identifying documents if you complete your account application in person."

Please review the terms and conditions if you have any further concerns. 

-Thanks, Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
This discussion has been closed.