Interface from Fidelity Investments to Quicken does not accept all of the transactions.

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited September 2019 in Investing (Windows)

Interface from Fidelity Investments to Quicken does not
accept all of the transactions. Specifically when on 1 day I sell shares in 10
different Mutual Funds, Quicken only imports 8 transactions. This creates a
difference and missing transactions between Quicken and Fidelity. This problem
is consistent and has been showing up for a year now. I have checked
"[removed]" interface with Fidelity and all 10 transactions
always are imported and show-up correctly. Please report this to the Development
Team at Intuit Quicken. Using Quicken 2017 Premier version R 15 build 26.1 15.5

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Do any of your investment accounts show placeholders?  If so Quicken was unable to associate the missing transactions with any of your investments. 

If this is the case, a little more info from you will help the forum tell you how to fix it.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2019
    It shows placeholders 0 and Downloaded transactions 0. I only see this problem with mutual funds. I suspect you maybe correct in terms of association or duplicate entry problem. The 10 mutual funds all are 5 letter symbols;  FAGIX, FBIOX, FLVEX, FMEIX, FSCSX, FSELX, FSMEX, FSPHX, FSPTX, FSRPX,. i automatically sell small % of each, in one day, once per month, and every month Quicken fails to accept all 10 transactions. Interestingly [removed] software package accepts all 10. So I suspect same as you suggest, Quicken transaction comparison algorithm has holes in it...?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    I also have Fidelity mutual funds, including FAGIX.  I have always held these funds as - for example - FAGIX (Fid. Cap. & Income).  Quicken was quite unhappy with me when I started downloading transactions.  It wanted me to call FAGIX "Fidelity Capital and Income Fund" or something.  With the help of the renaming rules I managed to accept my name OR

Before downloading the MU fund transaction I entered them manually into the register and when I reconciled the account I manually matched them at first.  Now they all come down with no problem. This is not to say that is your problem, but give it a try.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    OK, now clarify more about renaming rules. What did you rename. I can only find renaming payees. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    This answer depends on one of your missing transactions actually does come down and you just can't see it.

You need easy access to the renaming rules.  To find them click on View>Customize toolbar. Move renaming rules to the right (if it is not already there)  It will show up on the toolbar (the line under File Edit View, etc.

First off, Click on Edit>Investment transactions.  Check show hidden transactions. Check the downloads in the Brokerage account

Click on the transaction, now just click on the name, copy the name.  (As you can see all my MU funds have my names).  Click on the renaming icon (you just added).  Down at the bottom of the list, click on add new rule.  Fill in the box for the new rule (pretty self explanatory).

It has been a while since I have done this.  However, either in the Brokerage or the CMA reconcile (or both) these transactions should show up to be reconciled.

Good luck.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Thank you. Will try and see what happens next month.
This discussion has been closed.