Cannot accept transactions repeatedly asks for valid date. Deluxe 2018, version R3.4 on Windows 7.

Deluxe 2018, version R3.4 on Windows 7.
 I updated my accounts and downloaded transactions are shown, but I cannot accept them - keeps asking for a valid date.  Even if I try to manually enter the date as shown on the download, it repeats the request for valid date.  

Comments

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hi Linda,

Another User in the Community has resolved this error by adjusting the Date Format in the Windows operating system.  I'd recommend taking a look at their post and trying the steps listed:  https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/downloaded-transactions-in-quicken-premier-2018-...

If those steps do not resolve this issue for you, please let us know.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Dana Lynne Frierson
    Dana Lynne Frierson Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I am having the same issue.  I did update the Windows Region short date format, but it did not fix the issue.  When I edit a transaction before accepting, the existing date from the download disappears.  And whether I type the date in, or select it from the calendar drop-down, it keeps disappearing and giving me the error "Please enter a valid date".  I cannot even accept a raw transaction without making any updates to it's category or memo field.  I am stuck, and cannot update anything!.  I never had this issue with any previous versions of Quicken - only 2018. 

Dana
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Same issue, windows time format is correct and can't figure out what is going on...
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    I've been having this same issue on and off for awhile.  The fix above worked once, now it doesn't.   Quicken keeps saying "Please enter a valid date" and seems to constantly fail.   Then after I shut and restart the application the transactions are there and the downloaded duplicates are matched.

It is very annoying
  • Dana Lynne Frierson
    Dana Lynne Frierson Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I reinstalled Quicken yesterday from the original Quicken 2018 .exe I still had saved.  Since all the settings and data are kept during reinstall, it's not much of a hassle to do.  It also seems to pick up all the updates that've come through since (maybe more cleanly than putting one "bandaid" on top of another per the usual updates?).  So far, it's corrected the problem.  I will post if it comes back.
This discussion has been closed.