Problem downloading from Capital One

124»

Comments

• pkunzelmannpkunzelmann Member
    edited March 2018
    I've stopped driving myself mad! I don't bother attempting to download info from CapOne credit, get the verification number, set up a new account in Quicken and then watch it stop working again. Once or twice a week, I go to CapOne website, download new transactions and import them. Less time consuming and less aggravating. When using One Step Download, CapOne Bank and CapOne Investments download data seamlessly. Someday, MAYBE, Intuit will fix this once and for all. Most likely in the new and improved Quicken Super Duper Deluxe Professional more expensive 2019 version, after 12 patches and 19 updates!!!
  • alanrsamuelsalanrsamuels Member
    edited May 2017
    Steve said:

I have had the same issues with Capital One and tried everything, deactivating, resetting etc.  The only thing that has worked for me is to reconcile the account to date and then close the account and opened a completely new account in Quicken and linked it up.  Set a Beginning balance to match the Ending balance of the old Cap One account.  By closing your budget and financial history remains intact while the new account downloads fine (two weeks running now.

What codes it's never asked for one
  • ShtevieShtevie Member
    edited May 2017

I've stopped driving myself mad! I don't bother attempting to download info from CapOne credit, get the verification number, set up a new account in Quicken and then watch it stop working again. Once or twice a week, I go to CapOne website, download new transactions and import them. Less time consuming and less aggravating. When using One Step Download, CapOne Bank and CapOne Investments download data seamlessly. Someday, MAYBE, Intuit will fix this once and for all. Most likely in the new and improved Quicken Super Duper Deluxe Professional more expensive 2019 version, after 12 patches and 19 updates!!!

That is definitely a valid option as well. Just have to be careful to set parameters so not to create a lot of duplicate entries. Maybe less aggravating, but not as convenient. Separate download from within quicken seems to be the best compromise for me.
  • pkunzelmannpkunzelmann Member
    edited January 2018
    Two points. Occasionally when attempting to have the program repair the problem, it asks for a verification code that has to be sent by CapOne. I have also tried the separate download route but eventually, after fixing the connection problem, it disconnects again...and again...and again. I don't use my CapOne card as frequently as I use Amex or Amazon Visa so it is not a major inconvenience, just a minor annoyance. Sorta like Chinese water torture.
  • edited May 2017

Intuit doesn't own Quicken anymore.
  • Tom JohnsonTom Johnson Member
    edited May 2017

Two points. Occasionally when attempting to have the program repair the problem, it asks for a verification code that has to be sent by CapOne. I have also tried the separate download route but eventually, after fixing the connection problem, it disconnects again...and again...and again. I don't use my CapOne card as frequently as I use Amex or Amazon Visa so it is not a major inconvenience, just a minor annoyance. Sorta like Chinese water torture.

Have you called Cap One?  Call and ask for a supervisor.  They need to understand that they have a problem.
  • Tom NealTom Neal Member
    edited June 2017
    shotgunz said:

Quicken has got to be the most frustrating program in the world.

Everything works fine for a few days, and BAM!, it craps again.  Error messages are useless.  Troubleshooting tips are even more useless.

If a another company would develop a functional and stable financial program, it would sell millions of copies and we could finally put a fork in Quicken.

Tired of Quicken sucking so hard as to get me in  sync with My bank Capital one.  Quicken is no longer valid aor useful to me.  Must go back to big cheif pad as this software is a piec of ****
  • Bob WeazelaBob Weazela Member
    edited June 2017
    shotgunz said:

Everything works fine for a few days, and BAM!, it craps again.  Error messages are useless.  Troubleshooting tips are even more useless.

If a another company would develop a functional and stable financial program, it would sell millions of copies and we could finally put a fork in Quicken.

That same problem pushed me to go to Mint.com and it is a very good program that make it easy for everyone.
  • edited June 2017
    shotgunz said:

Lets add the same problem with Citicards and Discover, the same exact problem. Very frustrating indeed!
  • gmalis1gmalis1 Member
    edited June 2017
    shotgunz said:

I have ZERO problems with downloading transactions from Citi Cards.

Quicken 2017 H&B with Windows 7 in a virtual machine using Parallels on a MacBook running Sierra.

Citi Cards downloads via Direct Connect in Quicken.  
  • AJWAJW Member
    edited June 2017
    There are only a handful of banks/credit card companies NOT exchanging proper protocols with Quicken as yet. I have contact with these financial institutions and it is more of the fact that their own security protocols are more restrictive then Quicken. Others like Capital One  have now upgraded within Quicken. A few such as BMO Harris (Montreal) bank will not, and I have dropped them. The only offense we have out here is patience and using other working banks
  • ShtevieShtevie Member
    edited March 2018
    The issue has re-surfaced with a vengeance! I rarely can download from within Quicken. It walks me through the account restore process but then it just hangs. When I do get the prompt for a code, I enter it after getting it via email, but it still gives me an error message. So I have been forced to download via date range from the Capital One web site, but even then, when I click on the file in my desktop, it adds the data but my Quicken desktop goes blank and I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to close Quicken and the restart it. The transactions then appear in the register. But this is crazy! 
  • shotgunzshotgunz Member
    edited August 2017
    Yep - it's resurfaced, but with a new twist.  After deactivating, I can't reactivate the account.

• ShtevieShtevie Member
    edited March 2018
    So much for the "new Quicken".
  • edited August 2017
    It's funny, Capital One is now working fine for me, but Barclays Bank Frontier Airline CC is not.
  • shotgunzshotgunz Member
    edited January 2018
    shotgunz said:

Yep - it's resurfaced, but with a new twist.  After deactivating, I can't reactivate the account.

Now I'm getting the exact same error for Target Red Card.

Plus, it unlinked ALL of my bills.  And (you'll love this), it screwed up due date and estimate (ON, OFF, actual CC balance, etc.) for every one of them.

Sure am glad Quicken is under new leadership.  I would hate to see it get worse.
  • edited August 2017
    What a cluster!
  • John WinklerJohn Winkler Member
    edited October 2018
    Capital One customer service just informed me that they no longer support Quicken/PFX
  • edited September 2017

Capital One customer service just informed me that they no longer support Quicken/PFX

Funny, my phone call at the same time did not reveal that they stopped supporting it.
    They did tell me that they did not include the "Download" option in their new UI, and no plans to add it back in.
  • edited September 2017

Are you talking about their new website UI? Download is there. I used it last night. I'm not in front of a PC but it's in the menu that is named something like Additional Services or More Options or something like that.
    edited September 2017

My specific question was "Does Capital One still support Quicken?". I asked because I couldn't locate the "download" option. There is a "More Services" link, but no download option.

Whether they quit supporting it or if they aren't providing a download option on the UI, it functionally is the same result.

I only use the Capital One 360 product.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser
    edited September 2017

Looks like a download button to me:

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

edited September 2017

Yeah, my UI doesn't look like that anymore.
  • tomjtessiertomjtessier Member
    edited September 2017

Downloading in Quicken format for credit cards is still available, it's just somewhat confusing how to accomplish.
    1) on main account select "More Account Services". It's located on the top right in the same line as "Go Paperless" and "Track My Credit Score".
    2) From that menu select "Download Transaction".
    3} Select "Export for Financial Software" and hit Continue.
    4) From there select the file type "QFX" and the dates or statement.

Downloading from 360 is another issue. I get an error when I click on estatements or most anything else. Seems they have some work to do in there "More Account Services" menu.
  • ShtevieShtevie Member
    edited November 2017

These threads are being shut down one by one. The consensus seems to be, just download your transactions every so often from the Capital One website and import into Quicken. I was told by a Capital One service rep that it all had to do with Express Web Connect vs. Direct Connect, which Capital One does not offer without a fee.
  • Steve ColeSteve Cole Member
    edited November 2017

Have been directly downloading transactions from the Capital One site and when I attempt to click on the download I see a pop up telling me to enter my intuit id but the page is not found. How do I do a workaround this issue?
  • Scott PullingScott Pulling Member
    edited January 2018

Pkunzel, interesting your issues because I rarely have issues downloading CapOne Credit but have issues with CapOne Bank. 
  • jpgolanjpgolan Member
    edited January 2018

I have no issues except every month or so it (cap1) asks for a code to perform the download.... I just ignore the message and my cap1 credit transactions download normally.

My experience is that it is just annoying and inconsistent. I am still running quicken for Windows premiere 2016. I am not sure if I will ever upgrade quicken but when my license get close to running out I will explore other application options.
124»
This discussion has been closed.