Quicken for Windows 2018 Bill View

15678911»

Comments

• Jim_HarmanJim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    J Walton said:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken 2018 HBR version R4.10 Bills and income issue.

I have Quicken 2018 HBR Version R4.10.  On the bills and income tab,  bills do not necessarily transfer month to month. Bills will just fall off the list or move to the next month .  I have to expand to 90 days or 1 year to find the next bill and edit to include the next bill date.  Also is there going to be a change back to the stack view?

I have noticed a similar problem in R4.10. None of my reminders are limited to online bills, so it's not that. Sometimes the reminders just seem to skip to the next period.

Luckily I have backup ways of being reminded for most bills - paper and email in addition to Quicken - so I haven't missed any payments yet...
    -- Jim QWin Premier subscription
  • Rick SharonRick Sharon Member
    edited January 2018
    J Walton said:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken 2018 HBR version R4.10 Bills and income issue.

I have Quicken 2018 HBR Version R4.10.  On the bills and income tab,  bills do not necessarily transfer month to month. Bills will just fall off the list or move to the next month .  I have to expand to 90 days or 1 year to find the next bill and edit to include the next bill date.  Also is there going to be a change back to the stack view?

I have a bill due 1/23/2018.  Quicken is linked to the biller's site.  I received an email that my bill was ready, I tried to have Quicken update the billing amount, it failed, unable to access my biller list.  So, I manually edited "next instance" reminder and updated the amount manually and kept the original 1/23/2018 billing date.  Now the bill is incorrectly showing as due 1/9/2018 on the Bills & Income "Bills, Income & Transfer" tab and correctly showing due on a custom "Bills and Reminders" tab I built on the Home tab. Simply put, the Bills View page is broken.
  • Rick SharonRick Sharon Member
    edited January 2018
    J Walton said:

... and both versions of bill reminder view are much much much much less convenient than the "stacked" view no longer available in Quicken 2018.  What used to take a few seconds now takes MINUTES.  Not a happy camper with Quicken 2018. 
  • jdbssjdbss Member
    edited January 2018
    J Walton said:

Rick

Totally agreed and rolled back to 2017 until this is correct; my hope was that they’d further develop and enhance what was already provided.
  • edited January 2018
    J Walton said:

I to requested a refund and went back to 2017. Won’t purchase 2018 until these threads stop on this subject. What a mess!
  • Robert KeulerRobert Keuler Member
    edited January 2018
    J Walton said:

Just recently did an update to the software. A message was included that the Stacked View will be returning soon. In the meantime, I now have a list view of the stack in Bills and Reminders.
  • J WaltonJ Walton Member
    edited January 2018
    J Walton said:

I've uninstalled 2018 HBR and reinstalled 2017 HBR.  So much better.  I'll go back to 2018 when they clean it up.
  • TracyTracy Member
    edited January 2018
    J Walton said:

I did the same thing as J Walton. Only wish I had done it sooner. So much wasted time!
  • KMKM Member
    edited January 2018
    J Walton said:

I was thinking of reinstalling Q17 bc the Q18 bills tab is broken, Is the Quicken 18 data file compatible with Q17 or will I have to reenter everything?
  • DonDon Member
    edited January 2018
    J Walton said:

I had no trouble using the data file created by 18 when I reverted back to 17.
  • edited January 2018
    J Walton said:

I also reverted back to 2017 and opened the 2018 version of the database with no issues.
  • Bob HoljeBob Holje Member
    edited January 2018
    I have reverted to Quicken Premier 2017, received my subscription refund, and will await the restoration of Bills into the Stack View.  I depend on Quicken heavily, but not being able to see a clear picture of the upcoming bills and income was a show stopper for me.  I will rejoin the subscription when I have full functionality.
  • Steve SSteve S Member
    edited January 2018
    I have been monitoring this thread since its' inception and before it was merged. I, too, am frustrated with the changes Quicken made in 2018. It is just incredible how un-functional this version has become. You'd almost be just as well off to just use EXCEL as a check register and dump this software all together. It's like when it was spun off, the sale excluded the code to the software and when given to the new engineers from abroad, they just tried to make it look pretty and they broke EVERYTHING. The online services are simply a disaster. Nothing works as it should and the web connect issues are boundless.

Quicken 2018 is a miserable failure. I'd pay again to get them to go back to 2017 structure and change the color or something and call that 2018. It's that bad and I need to know I can rely on the software to do what it's supposed to.
  • Steve SSteve S Member
    edited January 2018
    I went ahead and called Quicken customer service as well and did the downgrade back to 2017 with NO issues whatsoever. Uninstall 2018, install 2017 from my account and it opened the file like nothing ever happened. All transactions were up to date from entries that had been made since the 2018 upgrade. Had to fix a couple of reminders because messing with them in 2018 probably messed them up but everything was extremely familiar and the changes were very easy to make. The agent said I could not get a refund because I was over 30 days but I know I will eventually go back to 2018 when they fix it. He confirmed they are diligently work on it and that I would be put on a "high priority" notification list once the fixes were made to the stack view and bills. Whatever that means.....

My observations are that they know they screwed up and are trying to fix it as quickly as possible but who can really know outside of the engineering room what that means. Maybe Chester Cheetoh needs to get in the server room and get that rogue cheetoh out of the server bank.
  • Jeff BallardJeff Ballard Member
    edited April 2018

Seriously. Also, who thought it was a good idea to put bills and income/transfers in two separate tabs? So now I have to go to two places to see what I used to see in one consolidated view? And I can't see one set of that information in the same format as the other? Not sure who made that decision, but it was a terrible one.

I have written and called several times, and there does not appear to be any urgency on their part to fix. I think they should extend my subscription by the amount of months they take to fix v. 2018. Otherwise, refund my money and I will go back to 2107 which I own rather than lease.
  • edited October 2018

Seriously. Also, who thought it was a good idea to put bills and income/transfers in two separate tabs? So now I have to go to two places to see what I used to see in one consolidated view? And I can't see one set of that information in the same format as the other? Not sure who made that decision, but it was a terrible one.

I'd like to put in my 2 cents.  I have to agree with the comments on this thread.  I just "upgraded" to Quicken 2018 yesterday and immediately I regret my decision.  2017 was working just fine for me but this 2018 version is a HUGE step backwards!  I want my stacked view back!  In addition, I want the option to separate out my accounts like I could with 2017 (I like to view my checking account only).  I can't go back so I'll stick it out for now.  But I sure WON'T be recommending Quicken to anyone and I'll steer anyone who asks me AWAY from Quicken until they rectify this screw-up.
  • cool_anilcool_anil Member
    edited January 2018
    GeoDosch said:

I upgraded to 2018 today, and have already decided to go back to 2017 and request a refund.

One of the first things I did after upgrading was go to the "Bills" tab.  After realizing what had been done, it didn't take long to find this topic.

I also did a test to see if Quicken had fixed another major bug (or maybe it was another misguided attempt at an improvement): if you have a scheduled transaction set up, and edit it for a particular payment, the edit affect the future transactions.  Even if a memo is set-up for something like "Utility payment for xxx", the next time you use it, it will show what you put in the memo for the last payment.  And it makes a mess of split transactions the next time you try to use them.  I worked with Quicken support on this, they reproduced the problem, and promised it would be fixed in an update.  That was many, many months ago, and here they haven't even fixed it in a major release.

As for linking bills, I tried that once with one account to see what it was like, and it fouled things up so badly it took me an hour to straighten things out, so I'm a bit hesitant to try them again.  Though it seems Quicken is attempting to drive everyone to use that.

So I'll try and get my money back, and maybe try again in 2019...

Is it just me or.. ? even in the separate Bills tab (which sucks like everyone mentioned here), how come I dont see the Bills in a list view and not in a calendar view. It sucks to not see the bills and income/transfers in a consolidated and a calendar view. its huge part of your financial planning
  • cajunltecajunlte Member
    edited January 2018
    I really wish they would provide a way to stop that darn 40% popup on the 2016 version. It just frustrates me because I know how bad the messed up the new version. Quite frankly they should provide all of us in the forum the discount when these issues are resolved for sticking in there during this major problem.
  • David GrayDavid Gray Member
    edited January 2018
    Did anyone else get the Happy New email message from Quicken CEO Eric Dunn?  I tried to reply with some of the experience I and others had after installing the 2018 version.  The email bounced back as undeliverable.  I then navigated to the Quicken.com website to see how I could direct an email to someone, anyone within their corporate structure.  It is either impossible or very well hidden.  So, I opened up tech support chat session and pasted my message there and asked them to send it along to CEO Dunn and others in the corporate hierarchy.  Of course, I harbor little hope that will happen.  Following is what I said:

Dear Mr. Dunn and Quicken executives:

I urge you to read the comments of your users since Quicken 2018 for Windows was released.  They may be found on https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/.  On the singular issue of the mind-boggling changes to Quicken's Calendar and Bill View feature, you will find a large array of critical comments from long-time users.  Many of us, myself included, have backtracked to Quicken 2017 and sought and received refunds from Quicken.  We are waiting, for the most part patiently, for these acknowledged issues to be resolved.  But I can already sense in a number of users that their patience is beginning to wear thin and there are numerous rumblings about the consideration of alternative applications to Quicken to meet their personal financial/investment management needs.  Most of us would vastly prefer to stay with Quicken.  Whether it makes sense for us to do so, of course, is entirely in your hands.  I encourage you to ramp up your development efforts and timeline to produce fixes to the Calendar and Bill View functionality to restore critical features that were removed apparently by accident in your development and release of the 2018 version.  I feel certain all will be forgiven by the vast majority of users, myself included, if these development flaws can be remediated quickly.  My thanks for your consideration of this plaintive cry for help.

Best regards,

David Gray (a Quicken loyalist since 2009)
  • Steve SSteve S Member
    edited January 2018

Did anyone else get the Happy New email message from Quicken CEO Eric Dunn?  I tried to reply with some of the experience I and others had after installing the 2018 version.  The email bounced back as undeliverable.  I then navigated to the Quicken.com website to see how I could direct an email to someone, anyone within their corporate structure.  It is either impossible or very well hidden.  So, I opened up tech support chat session and pasted my message there and asked them to send it along to CEO Dunn and others in the corporate hierarchy.  Of course, I harbor little hope that will happen.  Following is what I said:

Dear Mr. Dunn and Quicken executives:

I urge you to read the comments of your users since Quicken 2018 for Windows was released.  They may be found on https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/.  On the singular issue of the mind-boggling changes to Quicken's Calendar and Bill View feature, you will find a large array of critical comments from long-time users.  Many of us, myself included, have backtracked to Quicken 2017 and sought and received refunds from Quicken.  We are waiting, for the most part patiently, for these acknowledged issues to be resolved.  But I can already sense in a number of users that their patience is beginning to wear thin and there are numerous rumblings about the consideration of alternative applications to Quicken to meet their personal financial/investment management needs.  Most of us would vastly prefer to stay with Quicken.  Whether it makes sense for us to do so, of course, is entirely in your hands.  I encourage you to ramp up your development efforts and timeline to produce fixes to the Calendar and Bill View functionality to restore critical features that were removed apparently by accident in your development and release of the 2018 version.  I feel certain all will be forgiven by the vast majority of users, myself included, if these development flaws can be remediated quickly.  My thanks for your consideration of this plaintive cry for help.

Best regards,

David Gray (a Quicken loyalist since 2009)

Well, if it makes YOU feel better, then it's served some purpose I suspect.

Otherwise, you can be assured that the note will never get to the CEO. :)
  • edited April 2018
    If any other company screwed their customers as bad as Quicken has with 2018, I'm sure they'd be losing market share.  This still may happen.  If I was Quicken and part of the customer service and marketing team, I would be reaching out to each individual on these threads and figure out how to make things right.  The first is fixing the mess they created.  The second is winning back loyal customers.  A customer scorned is a frightful thing.  Remember, word of mouth advertising is still powerful especially in the connected age.  Your call Quicken.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hey everyone!

I am happy to inform you that the Stack view for Bills is back!

Please save a back up and then update to the new patch to https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-2018-release-quicken-windows to restore the view.

-Quicken Tyka!
    -Quicken Tyka