Quicken 2018 for Windows

For the first time in well over 20 years I have lost confidence in this product. I have never once in that time had to check every transaction downloaded for the various accounts i track but now I get errors all over the place.. Quicken 2017 started making me nervous but 2018 is as bad as quicken for MAC. Thanks, I now have to try and find a package that I feel confident with.

Comments

• mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    What year version were you using before QW2018?
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • lablover57lablover57 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I had the same issue, I had Quicken 2015 and was forced to upgrade to Quicken 2018.  I have to look at each transaction to make sure. 
    Quicken User since the DOS days...
  • John CareyJohn Carey Member
    edited January 2018
    mshiggins said:

I2017 and have update at lest every 2 years as far back as I can remember. I have every financial record of my credit cards, banking accounts, online brokerage, you name it I used it. I am feeling totally screwed not if I have to change software. 
  • John CareyJohn Carey Member
    edited January 2018
    HAs anyone looked into alternatives they could recommend? 
  • edited January 2018
    I would be interested in alternatives to Quicken.  I am using 2017, not willing to upgrade because upgrades seem to make things worse.
  • mistertheplaguemistertheplague Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    For Windows, the only PFM that has ever rivaled Quicken Premier is Microsoft Money. MSFT discontinued Money a hundred years ago, though they still make it available to download and install for free.

Since Money is unsupported, however, you have to be highly motivated and resourceful to use it. Porting data from Quicken past QW10 to Money is something they should force child molesters to do in lieu of the death penalty. 

If you only use Quicken Deluxe, something like Moneydance might work for you. I think it stinks, but obviously some people use it. Same goes for Moneyspire, GNUCash, et al. 

If Quicken for Windows had a bona fide rival, you'd know it. 
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    mshiggins said:

Have you considered going back to QW2017?
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Wayne RoeWayne Roe Member
    edited January 2018

For Windows, the only PFM that has ever rivaled Quicken Premier is Microsoft Money. MSFT discontinued Money a hundred years ago, though they still make it available to download and install for free.

Since Money is unsupported, however, you have to be highly motivated and resourceful to use it. Porting data from Quicken past QW10 to Money is something they should force child molesters to do in lieu of the death penalty. 

If you only use Quicken Deluxe, something like Moneydance might work for you. I think it stinks, but obviously some people use it. Same goes for Moneyspire, GNUCash, et al. 

If Quicken for Windows had a bona fide rival, you'd know it. 

Agreed. I have tried all these other products you mentioned and was not satisfied with any of them. They all either have functions that are clunky or are very user unfriendly. Quicken is, in my opinion, the best there is when the features you use work right, but when they don't it is very frustrating, especially if it worked well in the version you just upgraded from.
This discussion has been closed.