Since Update to Quicken 2018 none of my transfers are registering correctly

Since I updated to Quicken 2018 (Version R5.15) I find my transfers from one account to the other are only registering where they are sent and not from the account I sent them from.  I have had to manually enter the from part for the last three now.  Since I fear the transfer detection of Quicken is broken in some fashion from the 2017 version I have unchecked that feature and will monitor the next transfer.  I would like to hear if someone has had the same problem and has a real fix for the issue.  The software should just download my bank transactions and properly record them.  I glad I keep my checkbook up in hard copy or I'd be having serious issues right now.  Hope someone has a fix.

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Is the transfer for the same amount each time?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    FYI I do not have this issue with Premier Q2018 R 5.15 but that really means nothing.  Have you verified your data file lately?  If not backup your data file and run the file validation.  File > File Operations > Validate and Repair, select the validate file option and click OK.  If this is normal report back and the answer is something else.  What version of Windows are you using?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    I have been having the same problem.  For a month I have been working with Premier Support.  It is not working yet.  Temporary fixes and then the same problem comes up.  Very frustrating.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2020

Is the transfer for the same amount each time?

No, three different amounts.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2020

FYI I do not have this issue with Premier Q2018 R 5.15 but that really means nothing.  Have you verified your data file lately?  If not backup your data file and run the file validation.  File > File Operations > Validate and Repair, select the validate file option and click OK.  If this is normal report back and the answer is something else.  What version of Windows are you using?

Backed up and then ran the validation.  Although it found 4 errors, none of them were the transactions I was having issue with.   

my OS and versions info is:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2020

I have been having the same problem.  For a month I have been working with Premier Support.  It is not working yet.  Temporary fixes and then the same problem comes up.  Very frustrating.

I have shut off the transfer scanning in hopes that may have been an issue.  I'm going to see if it stabilizes my issues until a find a definitive answer. 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

IMHO, it's best if you record transfer transactions manually in Quicken before you download transactions from the bank that contain the transfers.

That way you have correct transactions in your registers. Quicken will "see" the downloaded transactions and (hopefully) correctly match that to the already existing register transactions without creating any more problems.

The information provided by the banks is just too crummy to be of much help in correctly creating transfer transactions solely based on downloaded data.

• Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    FWIW, I have transfer detection turned off and I echo UKR's sediments about transfers as I have been doing them manually for 20 years and never have had an issue.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

FWIW, I have transfer detection turned off and I echo UKR's sediments about transfers as I have been doing them manually for 20 years and never have had an issue.

I echo those sediments as well ;-)

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• lablover57
    lablover57 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

I echo that sentiment, as well..
    Quicken User since the DOS days...
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

Uhhh, dno't yuo htae
    it wehn typos sneak in?

<g,d,r>

This discussion has been closed.