Unable to view or accept downloaded transactions

I am not able to view or download ANY transactions for ANY account, capitol one, Chase, Syncrony, any of them.  I have tried reset the account and restoring from an update.  

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    I have never been satisfied with downloading using the Quicken feature. It doesn't work for the lion's share of the transactions and the chances of a matchup occurring properly with your desired input according to a rule that you make is low at best. After many years of trying they still cannot do it. 

It is much faster to enter the information and back it up using a scan or picture of the receipt if you have the time to make them. The automated functions are still lacking and you cannot interpret something that you cannot read so it can't either. The only thing that you really gain is the opportunity to make multiple errors as bad info is inserted into your register and you get to sort it out. 
  • Gil Forbes
    Gil Forbes Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I don't share Mr. Wing's thoughts about using the Quicken Account Update feature.  I have had good luck with it.  It saves a lot of time entering transactions as opposed to manually doing so.  That said, I have had many instances where payments on accounts have not transferred.  To compensate for these errors, I   frequently check the Quicken account entries against the statements.

There is no way to use Quicken to transfer data from Synchrony Bank.  They do not, nor do they plan on, offering the feature.  You must export the data from Synchrony the import the .qfx file into Quicken.  They make it relatively easy, but it is a annoying extra step.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Hi Gil, I guess the difference is how much of that you are willing to tolerate (double transfers, deleted or missing, incomprehensible comments, wrong tags, no breakdowns of the bill) - and I have not tried it since they started allowing you to identify a matching entry for what came in the download. The information simply isn't there. I did see an advantage when I had gobs of stuff to download, but when it got it all messed up, I had to go through each one and make sure that it had not affected  something somewhere else - it was a nightmare. Once I had to back out a download and start over! So I stopped using it on the brokerage accounts and then moved to the country where the download speeds were an abysmal 28K baud on the copper - that was in 2006! I didn't get decent cell service until - still don't! But I put in a cell repeater and did buy and sell orders from the kitchen where the repeater was at 2G speeds until we got 3G in 2009. Now we get 100k or something lightpipe - fast! Still poor cell service.

But what I see on my Discover card statement is so nonsensical gibberish that I end up having to go through each one to find out what it is anyway, so I just enter them. I also had a lot of trouble with people hijacking my card so that didn't help. I use 26 character pass phrases and looney ids. So no more download - it works and has its advantages, but not for me. Several hundred entries a month gets me about an hour to enter, I only have to have a little trouble with a download and that time is gone! The plus is that you have the entry that you are going to accept anyway, but doing it my way, the reconcile is comprehensive and I know whether I am charged twice or not - that has happened.

I keep all of the receipts and enter them, the receipts go into storage and are seldom referenced again. However, there have been times when I was glad that I had them all. Some businesses actually seem to count on that you won't keep the originals, but most of them are reputable now.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    I have had success previously downloading from all of the banks that I mentioned. It seems the issues started happening after the last update.  I have the red flag showing I have transactions to review,  but I am not able to accept the transactions
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Yep I had no trouble getting the downloads to work - just screwed up the registers one time too many for me - i plan to try again. I think they have improved it a lot since the last time I tried.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2020

I have had success previously downloading from all of the banks that I mentioned. It seems the issues started happening after the last update.  I have the red flag showing I have transactions to review,  but I am not able to accept the transactions

This is happening to me too.
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hello all,

Which version(s) of Quicken are you running?

What error codes are you getting when you are trying to download transactions?

Please let us know so that we can best help you all.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2018
    Quicken 2016. No error code. The red flag is next to my Chase account and wwhen I click on it, it says "You have 9 transactions to review" but they do not show up.
  • Quicken Harold
    edited March 2020

Quicken 2016. No error code. The red flag is next to my Chase account and wwhen I click on it, it says "You have 9 transactions to review" but they do not show up.

Hello Marty,

Are you using Quicken 2016 on a PC or Mac?

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2020

PC
  • Quicken Harold
    edited March 2020

Hello Marty.

We would need to do some troubleshooting on this issue, in which case I would recommend contacting Quicken Support at 650-250-1900 and allow one of our Windows representatives to assist you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    I can't seem to download my Checking Account transactions from Chase Bank either.  It says it's connected and completed but hasn't downloaded since June 2017.  My new Savings Account that I opened 3 months ago downloaded fine.  This is ridiculous.  Using Windows 10 and updated Quicken to 2018.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    I am having the same problem...It started a couple of days ago. Downloaded transactions don't appear for review and acceptance. I have the red flag by the account.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hey everyone,

Sorry you're experiencing this difficulty.

A fix for this issue is listted at: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-2018-transactions-to-review-bug

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.