Quicken billpay setup

jimaikinsjimaikins Member
edited March 2018 in
Entered all the required info 2 weeks ago. The "micro-deposits" (which were supposed to happen within 2 business days) have still not happened...and now I am being told I need to fax my social security card, drivers license and utility bill to an office in South Dakota!!!

Are you kidding me? 

Comments

• edited January 2018
    Welcome to the world of internet security.  If a third party (Metavante) is going to take money out of your checking account to pay bills, they certainly want to make sure that you are who you say you are when you sign up.

I don't have a problem with Metavante asking for the appropriate info.

I do have a problem with:

1 Metavante asking previous Quicken Bill Pay customers to provide all that security info when they convert to the new bill pay program.

2 Metavante not conveying what documentation they require WHEN you sign up.

3 Metavante having you send the documentation, with all that secure information, via a "secured" fax line.  I'd really be hard pressed to send them my social security number, drivers license, etc to anyone.

And thus, I do all my online bill paying through my bank...where it's free and I can pay bills from my phone app or online.  And if there's an issue with a bill, I can directly go to my bank and work things out.  
  • jimaikinsjimaikins Member
    edited December 2017

Welcome to the world of internet security.  If a third party (Metavante) is going to take money out of your checking account to pay bills, they certainly want to make sure that you are who you say you are when you sign up.

I don't have a problem with Metavante asking for the appropriate info.

I do have a problem with:

1 Metavante asking previous Quicken Bill Pay customers to provide all that security info when they convert to the new bill pay program.

2 Metavante not conveying what documentation they require WHEN you sign up.

3 Metavante having you send the documentation, with all that secure information, via a "secured" fax line.  I'd really be hard pressed to send them my social security number, drivers license, etc to anyone.

And thus, I do all my online bill paying through my bank...where it's free and I can pay bills from my phone app or online.  And if there's an issue with a bill, I can directly go to my bank and work things out.  

I would not have had a problem with Metavante asking for this info if it had been properly disclosed in the Quicken BillPay set-up instructions.
  • Mark SchlackMark Schlack Member
    edited December 2017
    I agree with you. No way am I sending them that info through the mail. And then have them scan it into their database, waiting to be hacked. Sad that Quicken would not get that this is terrible. Their strength has always been their focus on what users need from their software, not what they need.
  • Mark FertigMark Fertig Member
    edited January 2018
  • edited February 2018
    I reverted back to Quicken 2017 from Quicken 2018 because I didn't want to give up all the personal documentation required to set up Quicken Billpay for Quicken 2018.  It's ridiculous to require more than just the verification of the bank account.  Even thought I paid for Quicken 2018 and have to pay the monthly fees for Quicken Billpay for Quicken 2017, I reverte back to 2017 for now and am looking for alternative products after being a Quicken customer for more than 20 years.