QWIn 2017: How to adjust the area of downloaded transactions (below register)?

In Quicken 2016, I was able to hover the mouse at the bottom of the register, see the mouse cursor change, grab it and enlarge the area.

Upgraded to 2017.  Now no matter how long I keep the mouse there, there is no change of cursor and no way for me to move the line.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

With the Downloaded Transactions tab open (expanded), move the mouse cursor to the bottom of the new transaction entry line. When it turns into the expected up-down-double-arrow, click and drag.

• edited May 2017
    Hi,

This does not work in investment account.  I don't see the cursor change.  Any other ways?
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Sorry. What I described only works in banking account registers.
    In my Q 2017 the area for Downloaded Transactions, Reminders and Placeholders, when opened, adjusts automatically depending on which of the three tabs I select. There does not appear to be a way to adjust the size.

Please describe what kind of a problem you are experiencing. What screen resolution settings do you use?

Can you please
    capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the
    issue, redacted as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe
    the situation, and attach the image(s) here?

The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to
    capture a partial screen image and save it to a file.  Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the
    image.

To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361

Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or BMP only.

To attach the image here, start composing your reply. At the bottom of the text
    entry window you'll see a row of icons beginning with B I U S

Click the camera icon (not the video camera icon). It will allow you to select
    and upload the captured image file from your computer. The captured image will
    be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.

• QPWQPW Member
    edited October 2018
    This does not work in investment account.
    This has never been in the investment accounts.  And frankly they put in the wrong place in the non investment accounts (one reason that most people have never found it), not to mention it should been made more obvious.  I have tracked this feature from day one, because I'm actually the one that suggested it.  Which is ironic because these days I mostly use automatic entry mode.
  • edited October 2018
    The problem is that window is really small.  I can see just a few rows.  When the accept all fails, it's quite painful to scroll through that small window to find which one is still there.  Why can't we adjust it like the others?
  • QPWQPW Member
    edited May 2017

The problem is that window is really small.  I can see just a few rows.  When the accept all fails, it's quite painful to scroll through that small window to find which one is still there.  Why can't we adjust it like the others?

Why can't we adjust it like the others?
    Because they never put the feature in.  And requests for them to do so, were lower priority than other features.  I basically just hit them at the right time for the first request, and they were open to it for some reason.

Yeah I didn't like very restricted areas either.  Like looking down a tunnel hole.
  • edited May 2017

What I could not understand is why it works for banking account but not investment account.  I'd think the code is the same.
  • QPWQPW Member
    edited May 2017

No the code is completely different.  In fact Quicken Inc likes to call the investment registers "lists", to make the point that they are different.

At the most they share just a few fields in a transaction.  This one reason you can change the fonts on the non investment accounts, but not the investment accounts.

But with that said the change is extremely simple.  A "spliter" control is just list a container with two boxes, an upper and a lower (or a right and a left).  All is need is to add one the the GUI builder, take all the controls you want in the top and move them there.  The same for the lower.

There is a bit more complexity to it, since the Downloaded Transactions tab can hide and be shown.  So you would have to tie into that and make sure it works right, but that isn't really that difficult.

In fact they probably should have implemented the showing and hiding just using a splitter control, and not have both.
  • LctsLcts Member
    edited September 2017
    UKR said:

With the Downloaded Transactions tab open (expanded), move the mouse cursor to the bottom of the new transaction entry line. When it turns into the expected up-down-double-arrow, click and drag.

Thank you! This has been driving me crazy!
  • LctsLcts Member
    edited September 2017
    UKR said:

Thank you! This has been driving me crazy!
  • Dick LewisDick Lewis Member
    edited February 2018
    UKR said:

This did not work in 2017, nor now in 2018. Cursor shows, but as soon as you click to drag, it disappears when trying to make box smaller. Stupid.
  • edited February 2018
    UKR said:

Indeed, doesn't work for me neither (2018 version). Cursor changes but impossible to drag down (only up) in whatever register. Not even in banking registers.
    Using Quicken since some 25 years. Was always reasonably satisfied. Until this 2018 version. Very, very slow(10 sec switch between registers !) and clearly too many bugs. Anyone who knows of a better alternative ?
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    UKR said:

There's a required minimum size for the Downloaded transactions tab area. You cannot make it smaller than that while open.