importing data from verion 4 (1994) into quicken 2017

2»

Comments

• volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

I know my Quicken 4 runs on my XP box. I am looking on e-bay for the quicken98, to start upgrading to the Quicken 2017 deluxe, The copies on e-bay say it installs on "
    Windowns 3.1, 95 & NT C1997". Does anyone know will 98 install on Xp?

Did you see my comment above about staying with 2013 if you are not going to download transactions? Have you already bought 2017? Because you might want to wait for 2018 to come out. Might be in a couple months.
  • volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

I know my Quicken 4 runs on my XP box. I am looking on e-bay for the quicken98, to start upgrading to the Quicken 2017 deluxe, The copies on e-bay say it installs on "
    Windowns 3.1, 95 & NT C1997". Does anyone know will 98 install on Xp?

Did you see my comment above about staying with 2013 if you are not going to download transactions? Have you already bought 2017? Because you might want to wait for 2018 to come out. Might be in a couple months.
  • robert vernerrobert verner Member
    edited October 2017
    looking up I did see it. I had already bought 2017. With 2013 should I go and get the 64 bit version and put it on the windows 7 box?
  • RhinecliffRhinecliff Member
    edited September 2017

looking up I did see it. I had already bought 2017. With 2013 should I go and get the 64 bit version and put it on the windows 7 box?

There is no 64 bit Quicken.  All versions are 32 bit.
    edited October 2017

I am ready to start the updating process. I see a "Quicken version 6 SE" and I also see "Quicken Deluxe 97 Windows Version 6". Currently running plain old version 4 but final goal is 2017 deluxe.  Which should I be looking at getting "Quicken version 6 SE" or "Quicken Deluxe 97 Windows Version 6"? I do not want to mess up the dataset. Thanks
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017

Reread this thread. All the answers are there.

Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
    edited October 2017
    I reread the thread, saw nothing if there was any difference between  SE and Deluxe
    edited October 2017
    Why are you asking about Quicken version 6 SE" or "Quicken Deluxe 97 Windows Version 6"? Download Quicken 20p4 Deluxe from the link I posted.
  • DennisDennis Member
    edited October 2017
    I have SE V6. Can I upload my backed up data to Starter Edition 2017? I am not all that computer literate, use to be but not so much now. The version came with a Windows 3.1 Gateway I bought about 20 years ago.
    edited October 2017
    Greg I did download 2004 like you said. I have not installed it yet. Can I go directly from version 4 to 2004 without data loss?
    edited October 2017
    We don't know for sure. Make a copy of your current Quicken files, install 2004 and try converting. 
    edited November 2017

You could try downloading Q2004 from https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/Support_Files/QW04DLX.exe and see if it will convert your Q1994 data. Make sure to backup everything first.

Greg Thanks for the link for Q2004. Do you know the link for Q2013deluxe? I am not finding it out on ebay or amazon. Is there a download of it?  Thanks in Advance
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017

You could try downloading Q2004 from https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/Support_Files/QW04DLX.exe and see if it will convert your Q1994 data. Make sure to backup everything first.

Use the link in NotACPA's first post at the top of this thread to the article that has links for both the 2004 and 2013 version downloads.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

edited November 2017

Thanks
    edited December 2017
    I have so far updated to quicken 98. Its running fine so far. In about two weeks I will do the next update. But I have a question I am noticing that some of the payees have duplicates. I.E I had one Wal-Mart now I have 5 Wal-Mart payees. Is there a way of merging them together or do I just go in and delete the duplicate names. TIA
    edited October 2018
    just updated from version 98 to 2004. All I can say is WOW what a big difference in what I am viewing
    edited December 2017
    Is that good or bad? Are you talking about Quicken itself or your data?
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

just updated from version 98 to 2004. All I can say is WOW what a big difference in what I am viewing

Wait till you see 2017, it is a whole lot different from 2004.  Lots of changes.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

edited February 2018
    Hey folks you have not heard from me in a while. I finally got my quicken updated to Quicken Deluxe 2017 on my windows 7 64bit. So far its been running fine (one week). I figure in a month or so maybe start looking for 2018. I have it backing up to my external drive. Has anyone backed up to online?  Thanks Bob V
    edited February 2018
    Why not use 2017 until it sunsets in 2029 since 2018 is now by subscription?

You need to give more details about "Has anyone backed up to online?".