More Price Download Issues

Catherine Shenoy
Catherine Shenoy Member ✭✭
edited May 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I had an error in a security ticker. I changed the ticker and selected the copy quotes from wrong ticker to TRLIX. The name of the security is TIAA-CREF Large-Cap Value Fund Institutional Class. Now the historical price only go back to the middle of 2017. Here is the screen shot of the Security Detail View.image

When I click on More Charting and look at the prices online they go back to 2002. Now my portfolio performance reports are all messed up because they are pulling a zero price.

I went to the Update menu on the Security Detail View and selected Edit Price History. I put in a new price for a quarter end in 2015. No errors, but the price isn't there. In the Security List it looks fine.

When I try to add a price in the Holdings screen for 3/31/2015, Quicken Crashes. 

Here's the online prices. 

Any help getting this issue fixed would be most appreciated! Thanks

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    On that same Quicken screen, you should find an "Update" selection that will lead you to downloading Historical Prices.  I would limit that selection to this one security and download prices for the max 5-year period.  For the oldest 4-years of that period, the prices will only be month-end.  

If you need a longer period, or more intermediate detail, you can go through a site like Yahoo Finance to download daily prices and then after some manipulation import a csv file into Quicken with that more detailed or longer period.  Post back if you need more information on that option.  
  • Catherine Shenoy
    Catherine Shenoy Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I have done that. Limited to that security. I think I'm going to have to try the import the csv file. Nothing else is working.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

I have done that. Limited to that security. I think I'm going to have to try the import the csv file. Nothing else is working.

If you are not able to manually enter prices or download historical prices, I am not optimistic about importing a csv file.  

Before trying that route, I would be back the Edit Security Details.  Again, change the ticker (to TRLIX-1 or similar).  This time do NOT copy the prices and DO delete the TRLIX prices.  Then revert back to TRLIX, Should not matter if you copy or delete since there is no data, but I would not copy and again I would delete. 

After those two steps, I would again try the Download Historical prices. 

You may also be approaching a point of need to restore a backup file from before this issue arose. 
This discussion has been closed.