QWin 2018 HBRP: calendar does not show expenses on home calendar view

1235»

Comments

• edited February 2018

R5.15 update is out and... still No Fix for the Calendar issue.

This is beyond frustrating at this point.  I'm a LONG time user and have so many years of data painstakingly entered into Quicken it pains me to see this lack of commitment on the new management to keep existing features working and to not even acknowledge it.  I never saw Intuit ignore problems like this.  I'm not confident the new management even cares about this issue, they're far more interested in 'new' features.  No one high enough on the "new" Quicken team must use this feature or it would of been addressed by now.  This leaves long time users without a voice.  Change is NOT always a good thing especially when it comes to tracking finances.

I need the calendar functionality or the program is nearly useless to me.  Yes, I use the popup (or is that pop-in?) calendar but lets face, it's only a matter of time before that is also broken buy some update.

I truly don't want to give up on Quicken, spent way too much time with it but this isn't an acceptable way to treat loyal customers.  And now you want us to commit to annual payments for a "subscription" model???  Please listen to your long time users and paying customers. 

How much longer can we expect to wait for even a comment from the "New" Quicken Team?  How about a commitment to fix this and other basic functionality broken or lacking in the interface?  Namely changing the size of fonts throughout the program.  Hello, do any managers or programmers there actually use the program everyday for their finances? 

Users are tired of this.  Bell and whistles are nice, but I'd rather have the base functionality back to at least what it was in previous versions. 

Fix the Calendar on the Home Tab.

- Timber Wolf

I found "About us" on a google search. From that, I was able to submit a comment to Eric Dunn. Go to the link I am including below, or else to https://www.quicken.com/about-us/team

"Team Quicken --  Do you have a question, concern or feedback about a Quicken product or service?Send an email to the Office of the President and we'll respond quickly and make sure it gets to the correct leader."
  • John EJohn E Member
    edited February 2018

New update, and still not fixed... The status of this ticket is still "in progress". Quicken, the pop-up Calendar works great, but the Calendar widget on the home screen and other tabs DO NOT show expenses. I have a different calendar on each custom Dashboard, as I need to project for specific accounts. Having to manually specify the accounts I want to project in the pop-up is very timely. I never do this, but I guess i have to in order to get attention.. PLEASE FIX ASAP

knock it off... just learn how to use the software and get over changes!
  • Timber WolfTimber Wolf Member
    edited February 2018
    Roberta,

Thanks for the link.  I've sent off the following, I hope it represents the community and I hope others join in to fill up the mailbox until we get a response and commitment to fixing the calendar on the home page:

Hello,

I would like to bring your attention to a part of Quicken 2018 that has been broken since its introduction with an annual subscription:

Namely, the Calendar that can be placed on the Home Page of Quicken.  In all prior versions of Quicken, this Home Page Calendar showed not only income but upcoming scheduled transactions.  After the "upgrade" to 2018, this functionality  was lost and only available through a "popup" calendar within Quicken 2018. 

Many of your users are dependent on this functionality and its placement on the Home Page of Quicken (as evident in the community support discussions).  Other methods of viewing the bills and spending do not work for us, the Calendar on the Home Page worked perfectly and unless it's being removed intentionally should be fixed.

Please don't leave the very long time users of Quicken without this fixed.  Acknowledgement and status of this issue would be appreciated by me and the community of users.

I (we) don't want to leave Quicken after all these years, but the lack of response is causing me (and others) to look elsewhere for more responsive developers. 

Your Response would be appreciated.
    edited February 2018

Roberta,

Thanks for the link.  I've sent off the following, I hope it represents the community and I hope others join in to fill up the mailbox until we get a response and commitment to fixing the calendar on the home page:

Hello,

I would like to bring your attention to a part of Quicken 2018 that has been broken since its introduction with an annual subscription:

Namely, the Calendar that can be placed on the Home Page of Quicken.  In all prior versions of Quicken, this Home Page Calendar showed not only income but upcoming scheduled transactions.  After the "upgrade" to 2018, this functionality  was lost and only available through a "popup" calendar within Quicken 2018. 

Many of your users are dependent on this functionality and its placement on the Home Page of Quicken (as evident in the community support discussions).  Other methods of viewing the bills and spending do not work for us, the Calendar on the Home Page worked perfectly and unless it's being removed intentionally should be fixed.

Please don't leave the very long time users of Quicken without this fixed.  Acknowledgement and status of this issue would be appreciated by me and the community of users.

I (we) don't want to leave Quicken after all these years, but the lack of response is causing me (and others) to look elsewhere for more responsive developers. 

Your Response would be appreciated.

Got a response from the "Quicken Office of the President"...

They state that the problem with the calendar on the home tab is a "known issue" that they are "working diligently to fix".  However they didn't give any idea when to expect a fix. 

Four months in and counting... please don't break the popup calendar work-around in the meantime.

Now if enough people would let the "Quicken Office" know the home page calendar is a problem for them perhaps the fix would move up in the queue and finally get fixed... before the next annual renewals are due would be nice (sigh).
  • JimJim Member
    edited February 2018

I guess .  .   .  .  it is time to find another solution!

There must be another software solution (like Money-Dance) that works better than Quicken 2018.

I will try another solution next month and let you all know (http://moneydance.com/).

Yes please let us know. This is extremely frustrating.
    Thanks
  • edited February 2018
    Philip said:

I agree. I just upgraded to Premiere 2018 from 2017 and my scheduled expenses are not showing on the Home Tab Calendar but do show up on the main Calendar like they always have.

As a test I deleted a reminder that i had to transfer money from Checking to Savings. This reminder was not showing on the calendar. I created a new reminder for this transfer and now it is showing on the Home Tab Calendar. That's really strange.

Definitely a bug in there somewhere. I use the Scheduled view under the Home Tab everyday so this discrepancy was noticed immediately after upgrading.

-phil

Josh I upgraded from 2016 Quicken I really tried to find a Program that would take my Data from Quicken and work with it but nothing Work Well. Also, This Hook of making people pay for subscriptions is as unprofessional as you can get.

Now, I pay for the subscription because I thought that was the Reason I could not get my Banking Data... It turns out Quicken changed the way they logged in to my Accounts.

Now, I install the upgrade and Find out I can't see my Projected Expenses on the Home Calendar.

Then I see your post with Quicken saying they are working on it... for over 5 months. That is ridicules.

Great Post.

Bad Service for the Money.

• JimJim Member
    edited February 2018
    About three weeks ago I called tech about the missing bill reminders. After being placed on hold several times the tech came back and informed me that that they are aware of the issue and patch would be released over the weekend. Woke up Monday morning only to find no patch was available.

Cut to last week when I was in a tech support chat window. The support person said that I was given inaccurate information and that Bill Reminder were no longer meant to be seen in the calendar.  I took a screen grab (see attached) of the bottom of the calendar to show to the support person and ask why there would be a "Upcoming Expense" in the legend. I was told that that was a mistake too and that they were planning on removing that. At this point I'm actually considering abandoning 2018 for a previous version. Been with Quicken since the DOS days of the 90's. It's really said to see what has become of this company. The personal finance management software market is ripe for someone to come in about now.

• PhilipPhilip Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    That is so lame. Why have a calendar if it doesn't show Bill Reminders. It always has for as long as I can remember and the one calendar still does.

This is exactly why I don't interface with tech support anymore. Sorry about that, but I let other users do it. I check out what's here on the forums and occasionally post a problem or response. My main issue with support is that they immediately assume the user's installation is corrupt and have you jump thru all their hoops. They never attempt to duplicate the issue to verify it and they rarely give an accurate answer for anything. I'll be hard pressed to keep my subscription going when it's up for renewal.  Wish I could simplify my finances so all I need is Wells Fargo on line bill pay. I stopped using Quicken to pay bills years ago for security reasons.
  • edited February 2018
    Jim said:

About three weeks ago I called tech about the missing bill reminders. After being placed on hold several times the tech came back and informed me that that they are aware of the issue and patch would be released over the weekend. Woke up Monday morning only to find no patch was available.

Cut to last week when I was in a tech support chat window. The support person said that I was given inaccurate information and that Bill Reminder were no longer meant to be seen in the calendar.  I took a screen grab (see attached) of the bottom of the calendar to show to the support person and ask why there would be a "Upcoming Expense" in the legend. I was told that that was a mistake too and that they were planning on removing that. At this point I'm actually considering abandoning 2018 for a previous version. Been with Quicken since the DOS days of the 90's. It's really said to see what has become of this company. The personal finance management software market is ripe for someone to come in about now.

Jim

The Person You talked to definitely doesn't know what they are doing cause the Home Page Calendar Options had a check block that states "show bill and income reminder". Its on the Options drop Down. The Company just has the new attitude We know better than the Customer. I really want another Financial Manager but they are all on the Web. I want my Data at home not on Somebody else's server. Good Post Later Joe 

• edited February 2018
    Jim said:

Moneydance (http://moneydance.com/) seams to have what we need.  I'm going to try it next month.

It is not quicken, it needs to get used to, but you can download all updates from banks and other financial institutions.

Best Regards,

Paco

PS.  I'm tired of Quicken, as well.

• edited February 2018
    Jim said:

Paco

I tried MoneyDance It looked god but when I tried to import my accounts it was a disaster. I tried 4 other Programs they couldn't take the input.

For your information

Joe

• JimJim Member
    edited February 2018
    Was looking at the Mondo Patch (page link) and expanded this section (see attached). That patch was in a January and there's already been a patch release in February that still doesn't address the problem.

• RonRon Member
    edited February 2018
    Dennis R said:

I agree with most people on this forum...I dislike the change that was made to the default calendar view for "Bills and Income" in the latest version: Quicken 2018.  I prefer to see all Expense Reminders combined with the Income and Transfer Reminders. I did find a button in the bottom right hand corner of the calendar view [Show Full Calendar]. If you click on it, you get a new, separate window that has everything combined like you were accustomed to seeing in version 2017 and earlier.  I would prefer to see this as the default view, but at least you can get it with some extra clicking.

I have the same issue.  Quicken support says it will be fixed in the "future," but doesn't have a date.  Apparently the problem has existed for several months.
  • edited February 2018
    Dennis R said:

I agree with most people on this forum...I dislike the change that was made to the default calendar view for "Bills and Income" in the latest version: Quicken 2018.  I prefer to see all Expense Reminders combined with the Income and Transfer Reminders. I did find a button in the bottom right hand corner of the calendar view [Show Full Calendar]. If you click on it, you get a new, separate window that has everything combined like you were accustomed to seeing in version 2017 and earlier.  I would prefer to see this as the default view, but at least you can get it with some extra clicking.

Thanks for Listening They Fixed it Great

Thanks Everybody

Joe

• PhilipPhilip Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Just updated to R6.11, Build 27.1.6.11 on my Quicken Premiere 2018 and this calendar issue has been fixed!!!!

Although, sad to say, my mistrust of Quicken's intentions and performance leaves me wondering Why they put it back to the way we wanted and liked it. The new way they had it was definitely not right but it seemed like Quicken wanted it that way, based on some of comments made here.

Anyway I'm happy again until the next time. Just wish they fix all the other inconsistencies instead of making new changes..

-phil
    edited February 2018
    Philip said:

Just updated to R6.11, Build 27.1.6.11 on my Quicken Premiere 2018 and this calendar issue has been fixed!!!!

Although, sad to say, my mistrust of Quicken's intentions and performance leaves me wondering Why they put it back to the way we wanted and liked it. The new way they had it was definitely not right but it seemed like Quicken wanted it that way, based on some of comments made here.

Anyway I'm happy again until the next time. Just wish they fix all the other inconsistencies instead of making new changes..

-phil

Confirmed.  The update to R6.11 has (after over 4 months) has fixed the Home Page Calendar... bringing  back something that never should of been broken with a new release (poor quality control, Quicken).

In the meantime, I've been trying Moneydance and finding it a very strong competitor to Quicken.   It has a scheduling calendar, the ability to sync databases and it can do something Quicken could never do... change the font size of all the accounts and everything else (I can finally see the values even on the laptop, okay so I'm old).

Any other personal financial programs people are trying?
  • JimJim Member
    edited February 2018
    Philip said:

-phil

I haven't tried other apps but Moneydance does sound enticing. Two question though...
    1. Does the calendar view show daily balances?
    2. Can it generate invoices as I'm  a SOHO and would need that integration

Thanks Timber Wolf
    edited February 2018
    Philip said:

-phil

Jim,
    Moneydance says that's its software for "personal finance" including investments and budgeting.  That's what I used Quicken Premier for and so far Moneydance fits those needs. 

1.  I don't see the ability to show daily balances in the calendar like Quicken.  The calendar seems to function as only a reminder for bills and other notes.

2.  I don't see any ability to generate invoices (Unrelated, it can print checks).

From what I've seen so far Moneydance isn't a replacement for Quickbooks.  However i bet there are other programs out there that may be a good alternative for a SOHO... it's taking the time to give each a try that can be a pain and what makes the new Quicken owners think no one would dare leave (and so we get a subscription as an insult).

I do commend the 'new' Quicken for (finally) getting around to fixing the Home Page Calendar.  Would of been nice for them to let us know they were working on it in these forums instead of getting conflicting information from "support".

Quicken, your customers would appreciate some communication on these and future issues.  You may not think it now, but there will be a time when your customers move on to more responsive developers.
  • miklkmiklk SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Jim said:

Was looking at the Mondo Patch (page link) and expanded this section (see attached). That patch was in a January and there's already been a patch release in February that still doesn't address the problem.

Update to R6 if you don't have it:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-2018-release-quicken-windows
  • RonRon Member
    edited February 2018
    Philip said:

-phil

THANKS Timber Wolf!  I saw your comment and upgraded to R6.11 fixing the Calendar and transaction issues I had been experiencing.
  • RonRon Member
    edited February 2018
    Jim said:

Yes, R6 does fix the problem .......... finally!
This discussion has been closed.