Home Quicken for Mac Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac Manage Accounts and Transactions (Mac)

Add option to sort Accounts by Name in Quicken for Mac (71 Legacy Votes)

smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
Add option to sort account registers by name only, without the categories. 

There are times when that is more practical than listing accounts by types.

P.S. I have about 180 accounts, almost 100 are active, so this feature would be helpful.

(If you find this feature helpful, please be sure to click "VOTE" above to increase the count of this post and therefore its visibility to other users and to the developers.)
Click "Follow" at the top if you want to receive notifications of any replies to this thread. 
2 votes

Planned · Last Updated

We are currently investigating account list customization options, however, these options may be more like enabling custom groupings rather than an alphabetical ‘sort’.

Comments

• smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I also highly recommend that you browse through the IDEAS section of this forum and VOTE for the request of each of the missing features to be added back into Quicken for Mac....to help direct the priorities of the developers.

To do that, I suggest you read this FAQ on how to filter the IDEAS to just show the ones for the Mac version, then VOTE to your heart's content:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-getsat-faq-how-to-filter-conversations-d...

The following are some of the many feature requests you will find: Be sure to scroll down the page, as some contain lists of related features. Click on the link to EACH IDEA separately that you are interested in, then click the VOTE button at the top of EACH page that opens up respectively to increase the count and therefore its visibility to the developers.

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page of each feature, your vote will NOT be counted for THAT specific feature!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)
    edited January 2019
    This should also include the ability to re-order the existing groups or allow user selectable groups, and allow those groups to be sorted.
    Ideally, it should be drag-and-drop.

Also allow sorting by Balance (like in QM2007).

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)
    edited August 2018
    I also highly recommend that you browse through the IDEAS section of this forum and VOTE for the request of each of the missing features to be added back into Quicken for Mac....to help direct the priorities of the developers.

To do that, I suggest you read this FAQ on how to filter the IDEAS to just show the ones for the Mac version, then VOTE to your heart's content:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-getsat-faq-how-to-filter-conversations-d...

The following are some of the many feature requests you will find: Be sure to scroll down the page, as some contain lists of related features. Click on the link to EACH IDEA separately that you are interested in, then click the VOTE button at the top of EACH page that opens up respectively to increase the count and therefore its visibility to the developers.

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page of each feature, your vote will NOT be counted for THAT specific feature!

edited August 2018
    You may also want to add your VOTE for other features related to User Interface Options and Features

First
    , click on the 
    underlined link, then be sure to scroll down the page, as it contains a list of related features. Click on the link to EACH IDEA separately that you are interested in, then click the VOTE button at the top of EACH page that opens up respectively to increase the count and therefore its visibility to the developers.

edited August 2018
    I also highly recommend that you browse through the IDEAS section of this forum and VOTE for the request of each of the missing features to be added back into Quicken for Mac....to help direct the priorities of the developers.

The following are some of the many feature requests you will find: and many others.

Click on each link above, then be sure to scroll down each page, as some contain lists of related features. Then VOTE on EACH IDEA separately that you are interested in.

• RuegsRuegs Member
    edited February 2018
    Like many other features, this should use QW as a starting place for requirements.  While the QW sort features can likely be improved, it serves as a sound foundation of capabilities on which to build.  
  • Mike AMike A Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled In Qmac add ability to reorder account names in sidebar..

I have seen this suggestion for earlier versions of Qmac. Provide the ability to drag up and down and drop account names in the Sidebar to reorder them as desired, just as is possible in Q for Windows. As of Qmac v. 5.5.3 they are displayed in the appropriate group, but listed in alphanumerical order only. The capability is already there to use the cursor to drag the account names up and down, but they do not stay in the desired location.
  • David ManningDavid Manning Member
    edited October 2018
    I'd like to create new account groups that show up on the left-hand side under accounts.  I see "Banking" and "Credit Card", etc, but I'd like to add "Business Accounts" and "Not Used"
  • AlinAlin Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    as far as i know the answer is no. would also love to have this feature
    edited August 2018
    The temporary work-around is to use a prefix in the account name. Of course this would only sort them within the already assigned group, so not the greatest.
  • AlinAlin Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

The temporary work-around is to use a prefix in the account name. Of course this would only sort them within the already assigned group, so not the greatest.

good point, you could do that.

personally don't want to see 'zBankofOfA..Checkin...' and 'bBankOfB..Checking..' that would annoy me to no end..
    edited August 2018
    BTW, if the account is not used, why not just hide it? Then it will not show up in the sidebar. 

Of course, this does not address the desire for custom groups of accounts.
  • David ManningDavid Manning Member
    edited August 2018
    I have some infrequently used accounts.  I do want to make sure the balances remain the same, so I can't hide them.  I'm already using prefixes on the account names, but that isn't a good solution as it still lumps my business account into my "cash" and incorrectly puts another business account into "investments".

Intuit?  Feature request?
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    edited July 2018

I have some infrequently used accounts.  I do want to make sure the balances remain the same, so I can't hide them.  I'm already using prefixes on the account names, but that isn't a good solution as it still lumps my business account into my "cash" and incorrectly puts another business account into "investments".

Hello David,

I think the addition of manual account grouping would be a great feature to implement in Quicken and so have updated this post to an "Idea" instead of a Question thread.

The Idea threads are reviewed directly by Development for insight on what new features and functionality our Users would like to see in the program and can be voted on by other Users in the Community.  The more votes an Idea receives, the higher it is prioritized for possible implementation in the future.

We appreciate you taking the time to share this great Idea and encourage you to browse through other Ideas posted by Users in the Community and add your vote to the Ideas you'd like to see implemented.

Thank you!

Sarah
    edited July 2018

P.S. Intuit no longer owns Quicken. It separated over 2 years ago (Apr 2016).

• Add to Quicken user-maintained groupings of accounts, with such groups having a title and accounts of multiple types.

Users with a large number of accounts (such as myself) would find this far more useful than the current grouping by account type. 
  • S SacristanS Sacristan Member
    I have multiple accounts at multiple institutions. I'd like to see totals by institution.

• jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken Sarah This has existed as an Idea topic for a long time, but I'm unable to find it because the GetSat redirects are no longer working. (Ugh! No progress on fixing that major problem?) If you can find it, this request could be combined rather than starting over with no votes.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
    Unfortunately, I do not have the legacy vote count on this one as I did not track anything below 20. @Quicken Sarah

Count not update :/  after merge either. Still sits at 0. :/
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hi @jacobs & @smayer97

I found a few duplicates on this topic and have merged the different threads together.

There were 2 existing votes that came with the merge and show in the voting area.  I also manually edited the title to include the remaining 3 new votes for this feature in the legacy total.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • dclewis55dclewis55 Member
    Multiple proposals from different threads have been grouped together in this one. In general, they are saying we need multiple options for sorting and grouping accounts, not just by account type. One of those options should be manually assigned custom groupings.

I need custom groupings which can contain accounts of any type, I cannot use Quicken without them.
  • mglanovskymglanovsky Member ✭✭
    Wish I could vote for this option.
    In Q For Mac, I'm used to drag and drop for ordering (such as Transactions).
    Wouldn't that satisfy any user's desired ordering?
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mglanovsky  The only reason you can't add a vote for the idea is that the developers have marked this thread as "Planned"; voting is unnecessary once users have convinced the developers to implement a change. ;)
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993