Holdings View in investment accounts

shyatt60
shyatt60 Member ✭✭
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Just recently upgraded to Quicken 2018 Deluxe and noticed that some of the holdings reports within an investment account are too far right. I have to either scroll or adjust the column to see all the report which is my preference, however, it apparently doesn't save this view. Is there any way to save the adjusted view?  

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    No, unfortunately the Holdings view changes are not saved. Have you tried the Portfolio (Investing | Portfolio)? Changed to each of the 18 fully customizable views are saved.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• shyatt60
    shyatt60 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Thanks for your reply. I did take a look at that, but when I reconcile each of my accounts, I like to go straight to the "holdings" from within that account. It doesn't make any sense that Quicken couldn't make it with the ability to save settings if they can do it elsewhere in the program. It's not the end of the world. 
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    One thing you can do in QWin 2018 R6.11 and maybe earlier versions is to leave the column widths alone but drag the sides of the Account Overview window to make it wide enough so that all the columns are visible. It appears that Quicken saves the overall size of the window for each account even though it does not save the individual column widths.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • shyatt60
    shyatt60 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    That worked perfectly! And it does save that window size. Thanks!
  • shyatt60
    shyatt60 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018

One thing you can do in QWin 2018 R6.11 and maybe earlier versions is to leave the column widths alone but drag the sides of the Account Overview window to make it wide enough so that all the columns are visible. It appears that Quicken saves the overall size of the window for each account even though it does not save the individual column widths.

Worked perfectly! Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.