Quicken for Mac 2018 - How do I bulk re-categorize transactions?

How do I bulk re-categorize transactions?  I just converted to 2018 for Mac after using Quicken for windows the past 20 years.

Comments

• edited October 2018
    Multiple select>Right click>Enter category in Transaction Info box>OK
  • PloooploooPloooplooo Member
    edited November 2017
    That was't obvious to me.  Thank you!
  • J_MikeJ_Mike SuperUser
    edited February 2018

Note that this works for 'single line' transactions.
    QMac does not yet have the capability to bulk edit categories that are contained within split transactions.
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription User
  • PloooploooPloooplooo Member
    edited November 2017

Thanks for the clarification - JM.
  • edited October 2018
    I really need to be able to re-catagorize bulk-items from one category to another.  Almost all of mine are single-line transactions (not split).

I just transfered from Windows to MAC Quicken --- and Wow!  so much fewer features.  I need this recatagorization soonest.---manually , transaction by transaction will take forever and I need to get my taxes done!

How so soon before this features will be available?   
  • J_MikeJ_Mike SuperUser
    edited February 2018

I really need to be able to re-catagorize bulk-items from one category to another.  Almost all of mine are single-line transactions (not split).

I just transfered from Windows to MAC Quicken --- and Wow!  so much fewer features.  I need this recatagorization soonest.---manually , transaction by transaction will take forever and I need to get my taxes done!

See this video - Batch Change Transactions;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6B_WUDszCc

The video was written for QMac2015 but still applies for newer versions.

As mentioned earlier - this works for all transactions without splits. There currently is no method to batch edit split transactions.
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription User
  • edited February 2018

WOW!  Thank you!!!!! I've been looking for this!!!
  • edited February 2018

You've saved me hours of work!