Would like arrange my accounts in different groups

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
In the Accounts pane that is displayed on the left, my wife and I would like to be able to arrange our accounts differently than the way that Quicken does by default.  How can I do this?
In particular what we are wanting to do is have three different groups.  One group would contain my wife's checking, savings, and credit cards all together.  Another groups would contain my checking, savings, and credit cards all together.  The third group would contain joint checking, savings, and credit card accounts that we have established together.
Is there any way that I can group the accounts in the accounts pane in this manner?
I know that you can run customized reports arranged in this manner, but it would be very helpful if I could set up the Accounts pane in these groups.  Thank you!

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Try adding new word to account, such as Mary’s Checking, Mary’s Savings etc. etc. Same for yours to group accounts.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Sorry, there is no way to group accounts in the Accounts pane other than the built in 
    Checking Savings, and credit card groups.

One thing you can do however is to name the accounts with a prefix like C- for yours, W- for his, and J- for joint. You can also arrange the order that they appear in the list within each group by going to Tools/Account list, selecting an account, and clicking on the arrows at the left to move an account up and down. [These instructions are for QWin 2018]
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

Try adding new word to account, such as Mary’s Checking, Mary’s Savings etc. etc. Same for yours to group accounts.

Hi George. We tried that but it still puts our credit cards down in a different group.  Thank you!
  • Vetta
    Vetta Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options

Sorry, there is no way to group accounts in the Accounts pane other than the built in 

One thing you can do however is to name the accounts with a prefix like C- for yours, W- for his, and J- for joint. You can also arrange the order that they appear in the list within each group by going to Tools/Account list, selecting an account, and clicking on the arrows at the left to move an account up and down. [These instructions are for QWin 2018]

Jim's suggestion for re-ordering is likely your best bet. There's no way to change the groupings. You can name them "Cynthia's savings," "William's savings," etc. instead of things like Wells Fargo or Citibank if that helps.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

Okay, thank you.
This discussion has been closed.