NEW 03/02/17: Cloud Sync Error Invalid id 21 for parameter coa.id

124»

Comments

• Steven MaySteven May Member
    edited March 2018
    Chris said:

As a long time Quicken user, I have the patience to wait out this problem for a time.  At least when I do a search for the problem which impacted me today I see that Quicken is aware of it and working on it.  I have faith they will get on top of it

Where the hell was they're QA done at? Oh wait obviously they don't have any, and don't have any automated tests, which is extremely concerning, or this easily would have been caught ahead of time! It keeps getting worse and worse by the day and they keep wanting us to upgrade and pay, but the quality has been nothing but go downhill each and every year. Obviously they sold out and don't care.
    edited March 2018

When syncing to iCloud, I Received a message stating a transaction was not synced. "Invalid ID 21 for parameter coa.id" I tried again several times but I still receive the same message. However, after closing Quicken without syncing, then starting Quicken again, then closing Quicken with sync, I did not receive this message and it seems to be normal. How do I know if I am sync'd?

If you were truly syncing to iCloud, then I don't think you would have ever seen this at issue :-). This is simply Quicken cloud, not Apple's. There's a big difference between the company and who is truly QA and their items and providing a more appropriate level of service.
    edited March 2018
    k_man81 said:

Agree. It appears to be fixed.

Although I really don't want errors like these to ever happen, a less than 24 hour turn around time for resolving is pretty decent.

Thanks for the focus on this issue, Quicken!

I completely disagree! I work with software and they obviously don't have any automated test covering the appropriate scenarios, and especially when you're dealing with people's financial information, you have an escalated expected level I've service and quality that needs to be there. They're only doing one product, and can't get that right? It's not just this one incident, but I've seen it item for your upgrades continually coming up even after you check don't tell me again multiple times. As well there is a lot of lacking functionality and for coming it's only focused on one thing, you would think that they could get that one thing right and have proper QA and place for people's financial information. This is not the first issue that I've run into, and I've also had to contact support on one that I had, and the never could give me a real answer.
  • EJEJ Member
    edited March 2018
    OK, I deleted the transactions causing errors, was able to sync and readd the missing transactions...WOW thank you
  • Greg JacksonGreg Jackson Member
    edited March 2018
    Just confirming that sync is now working for me, previous error on the mortgage payment no longer occurs. And that's without deleting or changing any transaction or account.
  • scunnyscunny Member
    edited March 2018
    Same here. Is anyone using home & business 2017 getting frequent program crashes? Probably not related to this current issue and I'll start a new thread if necessary, just curious.
  • Jim StickneyJim Stickney Member
    edited March 2018
    All right, well apparently this forum does not allow post-editing of threads, so I can't update my initial post with what's changed. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

But for those who are still following this thread, this issue seems to be "mostly" resolved. I can now successfully synchronize using the desktop application without errors, and I did update a register entry to see if it would be propagated to the mobile version correctly, and it was. However when I open up the mobile app (Android 5.0.35.6114) and look under the "Accounts" section, under each account I'm seeing "Error updating account" in red. Now I did enter a transaction using the mobile app and observed it was propagated to the desktop application properly, so at least that much is working. I don't know what the red letter warning is on the mobile app, but hopefully the tech folks at Quicken and Quicken Mobile will continue to get the bumps worked out until everything is sorted straight again.

In any case, thanks and good job to the Quicken personnel who've made good time in getting things going in the right direction again. Keep up the good work.
  • Quicken KathrynQuicken Kathryn Administrator ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Hello All,
    This issue is now resolved; thank you for your patience while we resolved this issue.

Quicken Kathryn
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator