Investment account falls t calculate value

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I have used Quicken for Windows since the days of Win95.  I am now using 2018 Home and business, just upgraded from 2015 HB.  Both versions had the same problem.  A couple of my investment accounts, mutual funds, show the proper share balance but an investment value of zero.  All other accounts, stock and mutual funds, operate correctly.  How can I fix this?

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    If you haven't already, I suggest you correct the price histories of the relevant securities.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    I believe both accounts were changed from one fund to another in the past (not by me-- but by the fund).  I probably didn't do it with the "proper" procedure.  I'll have to see what I can learn about it and try to correct the history.  

Thanks,

Dave
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    To expand a bit, one of the funds was changed by the mutual fund.  That is to say I received notice from the fund saying, "Fund X is being replaced by Fund Y".  I had no choice.  the second fund was an IRA account and I rolled it over.  In fact I rolled two existing IRA accounts into one new account.  For example, Fund A and Fund B are now rolled into  a third account, Fund C.  Fund C is different from what either Fund A or Fund B were.  BTW, Fund C is with the same company, just a different fund in their family of funds. That transaction should have been easy and I think I followed instructions.  But, it still isn't calculating at all.

I wil go back and see if I can find a mistake.

Dave
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    Problem solved!  Quicken help on the phone located the error and clearly explained what I had done incorrectly.  It took less time to correct than I had to wait to talk with them!! Hoo Ray!  In the case of the IRA rollover, I had to do the transaction as a share transfer -- not a sale and purchase.
This discussion has been closed.