Quicken Canada 2017 R4 TD Canada Trust One Step Update Issues since last wk of October 2017

2»

Comments

• JJ Member
    edited February 2018
    @ Kathryn,
    I called the telephone support earlier this afternoon and was told by a rep (who checked with his supervisor) that TD Canada Trust bank web connect option is currently being worked on by the support team and will be unavailable for the next 48 hours.

Just to save everyone the trouble of trying to get it to work, it seems it's been down for the past 10 days or so, but Quicken seems to be aware of it, but hopefully it gets fixed soon.
  • RonRon Member
    edited February 2018
    Edward Li said:

I have the same problem with TD Canada Trust accounts. I have 4 different login ID with over 10 accounts, but all give the CC-501 errors. The Royal bank accounts are all fine. When I try to de-activate it and re-activate it, it just cannot log-in through Quicken. I can login the TD web site with no problem, when i try to download the data directly to my accounts, Q did not see my existing accounts, and want me to create new accounts for them, and when I try to link it to existing account, the accounts that is in TD is not listed in the "linking existing account" list. Just so frustrating. My version is Quicken Canada 2018 Version R3.12, Build 27.1.3.12

I did that for my problem with TD accounts not being listed and it did not fix the problem.  
  • RonRon Member
    edited February 2018
    Ron said:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Cannot Download Transactions from TD Canada Trust to existing accounts in Quicken....

For a little over half a month, I have not been able to download banking information from TD Canada Trust via Web Express Connect.  I tried to just use Web Connect but when I try to do that and say link to an existing account, it does not list the accounts in the drop down box of available accounts to choose from.   I have switched between Web Express and Web Connect numerous times in the past and never had this problem before.  Since I was able to download into a new account I figured for sure it was a Quicken problem.   

I validated, super-validated, rebuilt my file from a backup version and eventually it always seemed to fail right around the same time period of mid February.  I spent 2 hours on a chat with Quicken and they said I needed to call their help phone line, they could not help me on chat.  After waiting almost 40 minutes on hold, I was connected with a phone representative.  I never got to complete my call with the representative (I ended up being disconnected) but he did say that there was a known issue with TD downloads since February 15th.  Although I disagreed with the representative, he did absolutely pinpoint a specific date that the problem started without me ever saying a date.

I since had a conversation with TD and they have not admitted to any problems and I couldn't find anything online specific to this problem around this time period on either the Quicken or TD websites.  

My only short term work around that I asked the quicken guys about is that I start new accounts within the existing file.  He said it should work as long as i don't switch between Web Connect and Web Express Connect.  Once TD corrected their problem, the transactions should be able to be moved to the other account.

Is anyone else having a similar problem.  Any other potential solutions.  Quicken just says, wait until TD fixes the problem.

I am using the Canadian version of 2018 Quicken Deluxe, R3.12 build 27.1.3.12

Thanks for the suggestion Sherlock, but that did not solve my problem.
  • Edward LiEdward Li Member
    edited February 2018
    I just hope Q support team in chat support aware this problem, and let the others know that they aware this problem and it is being investigate and fixing. When I chat with the support team, they do not aware this and always think it is my problem, file problem, setup problem and ask me to create test file, test data, reset the account etc.and of course, non of those are able to solve the problem.
  • JJ Member
    edited February 2018
    @ Edward Li,
    I second your comment. Spent hours on the phone trying all of the steps you mentioned only to find out at the end that it's not a problem you can fix, is a little frustrating.
  • Arctic Hare (H&B 2019 Canadian)Arctic Hare (H&B 2019 Canadian) SuperUser ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    As a caution to people following this thread, I suspect that users are posting about more than one issue in this thread. An problem with Web Connect might not have the same root cause (or symptoms) as a problem with Express Web Connect. The very specific that issue that @Ron is experiencing is not an issue with downloading per se; rather, it is an issue with the EWC setup process... and I suspect that is a separate issue from the downloading issues. @Ron's unique problem is, however, complicated by the WC & EWC download issues on the TD Canada Trust end. Because there may be more than one issue in play here, don't assume that everything posted in this thread applies equally to everyone posting in this thread. The Web Express download problem might be different from the Express Web Connect download problem and both of those are different from the EWC setup problem.
  • Jerry AJerry A Member
    edited March 2018
    Seems to be working again this morning.
    First thing this morning, the Quicken program notified me that there was a client program update available.  I downloaded and installed it.  Version is now R4.4  Build 27.1.44
    I then went through the procedures to re-enable Express Web Connect for my TD Canada Trust accounts.
    One-Step Update now seems to be working OK.
    I can't say for sure if the update fixed the issue or if the issue had been fixed separately at the TD/Quicken servers.
    Good luck, everyone!!
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to post your experiences with TD Canada Trust recently and I apologize for the extreme frustration and inconvenience this has caused.  We have received an update regarding the ongoing error messages and issues being experienced that I wanted to share in the hopes of bringing a little transparency into what is happening and the measures the Quicken teams have taken to resolve these errors.

As of 02/09/2018 TD Bank, both the US and Canada institutions began to implement a re-design of their Online Banking website and began to block Quicken from accessing their systems while the re-design was happening.  Unfortunately the work being done has resulted in some connectivity and stability issues which have extended the length of time that Quicken has been blocked.

Our service providers have been in close contact with TD Bank throughout this process and as of today have confirmed that all issues with TD Canada Trust should be resolved. However they are still working to restore functionality to the US TD Bank institutions and do not have an eta for when full functionality will be restored.

For those who have not yet attempted to update your accounts with TD Canada Trust, I ask that you please try once more to download transactions or activate accounts and post back to let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • RonRon Member
    edited March 2018
    Still no success....
  • JJ Member
    edited March 2018
    My Quicken finally syncs with TD Canada Trust!
    Thanks very much for posting this update Sarah!

Although I wish Quicken would have put out a notice, so many of us wouldn't have had to call/chat with tech support when the problem most likely couldn't be fixed...initial communication could have been better.
  • GlennGlenn Member
    edited March 2018
    Still no success here either...

...after two hours with support I was told two days ago to give it a week to resolve with TD. I just checked: yesterday was the 30th day of my trial.

Still very keen to see it resolved as I'd rather not start all over again with another program; I was just starting to get into the swing of this one.

(Error: CC-503 still coming up, I only have Canadian TD accounts, Quicken 2018, Version R3.12, Build 27.1.3.12)
  • GlennGlenn Member
    edited March 2018

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to post your experiences with TD Canada Trust recently and I apologize for the extreme frustration and inconvenience this has caused.  We have received an update regarding the ongoing error messages and issues being experienced that I wanted to share in the hopes of bringing a little transparency into what is happening and the measures the Quicken teams have taken to resolve these errors.

As of 02/09/2018 TD Bank, both the US and Canada institutions began to implement a re-design of their Online Banking website and began to block Quicken from accessing their systems while the re-design was happening.  Unfortunately the work being done has resulted in some connectivity and stability issues which have extended the length of time that Quicken has been blocked.

Our service providers have been in close contact with TD Bank throughout this process and as of today have confirmed that all issues with TD Canada Trust should be resolved. However they are still working to restore functionality to the US TD Bank institutions and do not have an eta for when full functionality will be restored.

For those who have not yet attempted to update your accounts with TD Canada Trust, I ask that you please try once more to download transactions or activate accounts and post back to let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

Sarah

Still no success here either... but my error has changed from "CC-503" to "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.) 3.12."

Maybe things are getting there?

Still very keen to see it resolved as I'd rather not start all over again with another program; I was just starting to get into the swing of this one, and yesterday was the 30th day of my trial. (Of course.)

(I only have Canadian TD accounts, Quicken 2018, Version R3.12, Build 27.1.3.12)
    edited March 2018

Hello Everyone,

Thank you,

Sarah

My Canada Quicken start working with the TD Canada Trust with bank accounts (saving/chequing) but not with VISA credit card issued by the TD Canada Trust. I try to reset it, it just say cannot reset after a long time of trying and cannot find that account. When I go to the TD web page and try to download it there directly from the bank, it did download the data but Q cannot find the right account to link it with, and the "linking account" selection does not have that particular visa account listed. When I deactivate the link, then I cannot relink it to TD again for it just show the visa credit card account is "unknown type". Very frustrating indeed. I have been a Quicken user over 20 years.
    edited December 2018
    My Canada Quicken start working with the TD Canada Trust with bank accounts (saving/chequing) but not with VISA credit card issued by the TD Canada Trust. I try to reset it, it just say cannot reset after a long time of trying and cannot find that account. When I go to the TD web page and try to download it there directly from the bank, it did download the data but Q cannot find the right account to link it with, and the "linking account" selection does not have that particular visa account listed. When I deactivate the link, then I cannot setup to TD again for it just show the visa credit card account is "unknown type". Very frustrating indeed. I have been a Quicken user over 20 years.
  • Arctic Hare (H&B 2019 Canadian)Arctic Hare (H&B 2019 Canadian) SuperUser ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Edward Li said:

My Canada Quicken start working with the TD Canada Trust with bank accounts (saving/chequing) but not with VISA credit card issued by the TD Canada Trust. I try to reset it, it just say cannot reset after a long time of trying and cannot find that account. When I go to the TD web page and try to download it there directly from the bank, it did download the data but Q cannot find the right account to link it with, and the "linking account" selection does not have that particular visa account listed. When I deactivate the link, then I cannot setup to TD again for it just show the visa credit card account is "unknown type". Very frustrating indeed. I have been a Quicken user over 20 years.

@Edward_Li: I recommend you read this post from @Quicken_Sarah
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/i-can-not-import-td-account-transactions-into-quicken-any-longer?topic-reply-list[settings][filter_by]=all&topic-reply-list[settings][reply_id]=19363911#reply_19363911
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hello Everyone,

Quick update on this issue with TD Canada Trust Bank.  This morning I received notification that there have been new reports of errors with downloading transactions since the resolved notification last week.  Our teams are currently investigating and I will post more information as it is received but wanted to share what I know so far.

Thank you,

Sarah
    edited March 2018
    Thank you Sarah,  when I update this morning, the CC-502 errors coming up from all 4 different TD accounts again. It seems to work again late last Saturday (March 3) but it did not work again this morning.  Edward 
This discussion has been closed.