portfolio value report by account *and* year???

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I am trying to get a report of portfolio holdings by account *AND* year. I can't seem to find a way to do that. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Basically I need to show end of year holdings (funds, stocks, FMV) for several years across all (or many) accounts. I can do it one year and one account at a time, but I have quite a few accounts. 

I would be happy for a workaround involved importing into excel and mangling that.

The  Portfolio Value and Basis report with a year as the interval is close to what I need, but it has no account info, it combines holdings from all accounts.

The Portfolio Value reports is also close. It lets one subtotal by Account, but it only does one date.

Quicken Premier 2018 R6.12
Windows 10

Comments

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    What about the account balances report with interval set to year?

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Try the Net Worth Report.
    In the Customize > Display  dialog. check Account detail
    This report gives you the summary by account at yearly intervals.
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    For a report that shows holdings by account on a specific date (12/31/xx for example):
    Go to Investing/Portfolio
    At the top, click Customize to name the view and pick the columns, accounts, and securities you want to include
    Group by accounts
    Select the date
    Set the column widths you want

If you want to see your tax lots as of that date, click on Options and de-select Show closed lots (showing closed lots is currently broken) and at the bottom click Expand all

To print, go to File/Print portfolio

You will have to do a separate report for each year, but at least you get all the accounts together.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Jim_Harman
    edited March 2018
    JM said:

That's good if all you need is the value of each holding, not number of shares or other info. Also on the Advanced tab, make sure Include unrealized gains is checked
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    Bob L said:

What about the account balances report with interval set to year?

Thanks but that doesn't include securities holdings. That is just what I want with all the holdings grouped under each account (like sub-categories in the spending/income reports).
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    JM said:

Yes, I want share amounts also. However, this is better than nothing.

Thank  you for pointing out the account detail checkbox hiding in the options. I had not found that. I had found the port values and cost basis report, which is the same thing plus the cost basis (which I didn't need).
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018

For a report that shows holdings by account on a specific date (12/31/xx for example):
    At the top, click Customize to name the view and pick the columns, accounts, and securities you want to include
    Group by accounts
    Select the date

If you want to see your tax lots as of that date, click on Options and de-select Show closed lots (showing closed lots is currently broken) and at the bottom click Expand all

You will have to do a separate report for each year, but at least you get all the accounts together.

Thank you. Also a good suggestion. Very obscure and the export options are marginal (ancient). As you point out still not what I'm looking for.
  • Jim_Harman
    edited March 2018

Group by accounts
    Select the date

If you are exporting to Excel, I recommend the .PRN option. Save the file with an extension of CSV and you can open it directly in Excel.

You could do one export for each year then cut and paste to make a big text or Excel file with all the data. 
This discussion has been closed.