Paycheck Setup Wizard Error - Account Dropdown Incorrect

2»

Comments

• J&T WHJ&T WH Member
    edited January 2018
    J&T WH said:

KG - Disabling synch (which is a major function within Quicken) is not a solution.  

I understand your point and you understand the frustration of having to disable a major function/selling point for Quicken just get record a paycheck. We should all be able to use the product with a the functions we need and rely on based on our situations.
  • J&T WHJ&T WH Member
    edited January 2018
    I would like to request that everyone following this post and having this issue please go to this link and email the Quicken President about this issue at the following link.  

https://www.quicken.com/modal_forms/nojs/webform/18326
  • LorishaLorisha Member
    edited January 2018
    I am having the same issue.  I was unable to update my paycheck with new 2018 changes.  The dropdown wanted me select old accounts.  As a workaround, I cut and pasted a previous paycheck, and et it go to the wrong account.  Updated the paycheck with the changes, and cut and pasted again into the correct account. This seemed to work, but Hope this gets fixed soon!
  • J&T WHJ&T WH Member
    edited January 2018
    Quicken/Moderator got mad and removed my previous post recommending everyone visit the Quicken home page and email the President of Quicken. I guess they can’t stand the pressure of letting the boss know a problem is being ignored.

I still suggest everyone email the Quicken President’s office directly. The link can be found on the Quicken website.
  • edited January 2018
    I am having the same issue.  I heard from Quicken they have acknowledged the problem, but don't have a solution.  I asked how long until the problem is resolved because I can't record my paycheck without using a split transaction.  
  • Gautam TupilGautam Tupil Member
    edited January 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Paycheque setup wizard - Quicken 2018 Home & Business R3.12 Version.

I have noticed that the Paycheque wizard does not list my savings or chequing account in the Account listing anymore and only shows me my investment accounts. Because of this my net amount and any splits for taxes shows up in an investment account rather than my chequing account. This seems to be recent after an update made to Bills, Income & Transfers tab.

Any fixes?
  • edited January 2018
    This is a problem experienced by numerous users of Q 2016, 2017 & 2018 for several months. I read that it was possibly fixed in the update pushed over this morning to Q 2018 users. So far I have read posts where the problem was fixed and posts where the problem was not fixed. Have not tested it myself yet.
  • edited January 2018

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Paycheque setup wizard - Quicken 2018 Home & Business R3.12 Version.

I have noticed that the Paycheque wizard does not list my savings or chequing account in the Account listing anymore and only shows me my investment accounts. Because of this my net amount and any splits for taxes shows up in an investment account rather than my chequing account. This seems to be recent after an update made to Bills, Income & Transfers tab.

Any fixes?

This is a problem experienced by numerous users of Q 2016, 2017 & 2018 for several months. I read that it was possibly fixed in the update pushed over this morning to Q 2018 users. So far I have read posts where the problem was fixed and posts where the problem was not fixed. Have not tested it myself yet.
  • edited January 2018
    Update R14.12 QWin Deluxe 2016 - still no joy, problem remains.

Just a point of clarification: this issue only affects the option to track "Gross Amount" in the paycheck wizard, it does not affect the option to track "Net Amount".
  • edited February 2018
    Two nights ago Quicken released a fix for this issue; however, the fix did not work.  :(
  • DC ADC A Member
    edited February 2018
    With my latest update R3.12, 27.13.12 this problem appeared for me!  I note that the auto-entry goes in as correct.  The problem is that I have the paycheck wizard set to average values and whenever I edit to the correct values it transfers the deposit to my mother-in-law's credit card.  Thankfully, only in the Quicken file and not in the actual real financial world.

It would seem that Quicken is catching the flu more often than a kindergarten teacher these days.
  • DC ADC A Member
    edited February 2018

Quicken Support: This is repeatable, contact me if you need evidence or exact re-play steps.

I'm using Quicken Deluxe Win 2016 (R14) on Win 10 OS (Fall Creators Update) - I performed a few tests (restoring older backups before R14), then seeing where things went wrong with the paycheck setup accounts drop-down list where it is missing some accounts. I also went as far as setting up a couple of new accounts just to compare against older existing accounts.

Bottom line: Any new accounts that are setup *without* using the mobile sync, they will appear in the paycheck setup account drop-down list, however when mobile sync is activated on any account (even with a zero balance), something changes and the account no longer appears in the paycheck setup drop-down list. I also noticed at the same time that the "$" symbol in the Accounts List goes missing - this is probably just another symptom of the same bug.

After reading this I just checked and I found that in the edit account of any account that does not appear in the drop down list the account currency is blank.  I note that when I edit any auto or pasted transaction split lines that transfer amounts to accounts that still have an account currency are generating pop-ups to enter in the foreign currency exchange rate with "1.#INFO" as the default value.
  • ZoolookZoolook Member
    edited February 2018
    I've just started having this problem, I'm on 27.1.5.15 (that's Quicken 2018 R5.15)

If I try and edit any historic paycheck it doesn't show the account it's posted to (a checking account) only 2 closed accounts an a 'cash' account.
  • DC ADC A Member
    edited March 2018
    Well today's update claims to have fixed the bug where the currency of any account is set to blank when mobile sync is enabled.

I cannot confirm or deny this.

What I can confirm is that all my accounts that had the currency previously set to blank are still set to blank.

Hey, Quicken - any intention of fixing this issue?

D
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Moderator
    edited April 2018
    This post is being closed because the OP has not responded with anymore information.

For further assistance please contact support directly at http://www.quicken.com/contactt-support or create a new thread. 

~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
2»