How can I turn off the pending updates notification at the top of the Quicken Window (Picture of a b

2»

Comments

• SamSam Member
    edited February 2018
    Same here R6.11 (27.1.6.11) and no fix here either!!!
  • Dan ChurchDan Church Member
    edited February 2018
    Thanks all. U helped solve the problem.
  • TerryTerry Member
    edited February 2018
    The problem hasn't been solved for me with 6.11 - Did I miss something?
  • Jerry_Jerry_ Member
    edited May 2018
    Terry, you did not miss anything. The Release Notes for R6.11 does not mention anything about the Bell Icon being fixed. So, hopefully, the fix will be in a future Update.

I think that Terry and Jerry are in a Sinking Boat. (LOL)
    Now running the 2019 Windows Subscription Plan
    Retired - former Computer System Analyst
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator
    edited November 2018
    Hey everyone,

Thank you for your patience regarding this issue.

We are aware of the issue and appreciate the feedback.

We are working on a fix but currently don't have an ETA for when it will be released.

While I understand that this is frustrating, the bell notification isn't rendering the software unusable, and may not have the highest priority at the moment.

We do hear the frustration and are working on it.

-Quicken Tyka
  • MrTimmyMrTimmy Member
    edited February 2018
    Thanks for the update. Nice to hear something official. I guess when we see this issue go away, we will all know that the serious issues are fixed.
  • jtk.googlejtk.google Member
    edited May 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled new bill pay user for QWin 2018, cannot clear reminder for bill pay upgrade.

I upgrade from QWin 2015 to QWin 2018.  I have previously never used quicken bill pay.  I set up a new account, all is well now with it, except...I get this attention box that I cannot delete.

The migrate section brings up this list:
    Because I did not have a Quicken Bill Pay account previously, I have nothing to deactivate.  I've already activated the new QBP account and set up bills, payees, etc.

I don't want to deactivate and reactivate QBP, there is no need to do this since I have no old account.

How do I clear out this reminder?

I tried the "skip all" button on the first menu, but it shows this:

• Jerry_Jerry_ Member
    edited March 2018

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled new bill pay user for QWin 2018, cannot clear reminder for bill pay upgrade.

I upgrade from QWin 2015 to QWin 2018.  I have previously never used quicken bill pay.  I set up a new account, all is well now with it, except...I get this attention box that I cannot delete.

The migrate section brings up this list:
    Because I did not have a Quicken Bill Pay account previously, I have nothing to deactivate.  I've already activated the new QBP account and set up bills, payees, etc.

I don't want to deactivate and reactivate QBP, there is no need to do this since I have no old account.

How do I clear out this reminder?

I tried the "skip all" button on the first menu, but it shows this:

jtk.google, this is a known bug. Please view 

Quicken Tyka's Post almost directly above your Post.
  • SamSam Member
    edited October 2018
    Version R6.12 build27.1.6.12 no fix yet.  I think we are being patient but these bugs do need to be fixed.

And this one

These are both more than annoying now. It has been months with no fixes.
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser
    edited March 2018
    Sam said:

Version R6.12 build27.1.6.12 no fix yet.  I think we are being patient but these bugs do need to be fixed.

And this one

Have you tried clicking Skip All (shown in your first screen capture)?
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser
    edited March 2018
    Sam said:

And this one

I've tried it. Repeatedly. It doesn't work as of R27.1.6.12. Q staff have stated this is a low priority item.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS.
    Now using QWin Premier subscription version on Win7 Pro.
    edited March 2018
    Sam said:

And this one

And clicking through the pending items does not clear it?
  • keith.beebekeith.beebe Member
    edited March 2018
    Sam said:

And this one

It's a Catch-22. It will NOT let you Skip the Quicken Bill Pay Migration which is mandatory.  The whole point of this: it is something that cannot be cleared.  We don't use Quicken BillPay, but the system doesn't seem to recognize that and will not clear the notification.
    edited March 2018
    Sam said:

And this one

What happen if you click the bill pay migration?
    edited March 2018
    Sam said:

And this one

Why do that. It then asks you to sign up for BillPay, etc.  Again, this shouldn't have even come up in the first place.  We have never used or signed up for BillPay yet the system thinks we did and won't clear the notification because it is "mandatory".
    edited March 2018
    Sam said:

And this one

Just click through and don't sign up for anything.
    edited March 2018
    Sam said:

And this one

As part of the process, It also asks you to clear previous accounts etc.  Can't do that because there aren't any.  Again, Catch-22.  Sorry, your "solution" does not work.
  • TerryTerry Member
    edited March 2018
    Sam said:

And this one

Same problem if u use QBP
  • Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser
    edited March 2018
    Sam said:

And this one

My workaround has 3 steps:
    1. Re-read the official word on this bug.
    2. Close Quicken.
    3. Get a beer.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS.
    Now using QWin Premier subscription version on Win7 Pro.
  • stanstan Member
    edited May 2018
    I stopped Wells Fargo Bill Pay (was $6.95/mo) and set up Quicken bill pay with Q2018 Home and Business version. Now have R6.12  27.1.6.12. I've gone thru all the steps (repeatedly) as Wells Fargo and Quicken don't always "play nice" and both say it's the other one's problem. I still have "1" in the red box after going thru that. Everything seems to be working now so hope there is a fix down the road to clear up the "nuisance" alert.
  • Jerry_Jerry_ Member
    edited March 2018
    stan said:

I stopped Wells Fargo Bill Pay (was $6.95/mo) and set up Quicken bill pay with Q2018 Home and Business version. Now have R6.12  27.1.6.12. I've gone thru all the steps (repeatedly) as Wells Fargo and Quicken don't always "play nice" and both say it's the other one's problem. I still have "1" in the red box after going thru that. Everything seems to be working now so hope there is a fix down the road to clear up the "nuisance" alert.

stan, you should read 

Rocket J Squirrel's Post right above your post - 
    about the Official word. on this Bug. 
    edited March 2018
    Sam said:

And this one

I would skip steps 1 and 2 and go directly to 3.
  • Chuck VChuck V Member
    edited March 2018
    stan said:

Ensure that any bills in your Wells Fargo cue are paid, as they will cease sending payments the minute you close your bill pay with them.  I had 4 bills in the cue for a week -- none were sent and I had 4 late payment fees (which I called about and got reversed once I resent them with Quicken Bill pay and they received their payment)!
  • Jerry AllisonJerry Allison Member
    edited April 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Irritating red notification at the top of Quicken 2018.

I just upgraded from Quicken 2015 Deluxe to Quicken 2018 Premiere only because I was held hostage to no longer being able to download transactions with my older version.  After installation, there was a red notification at the top of the screen. I went through the items, the last being the need to create a Bill Pay account (even though I don't need/want one).  It is free with this version, so what the heck.  I started to set up the Bill Pay account and was waiting for the verification deposit. I never received any follow up e-mails, so when I called Bill Pay Support I'm told my account setup cannot proceed unless I fax or mail a ton of information, including a utility bill, social security card, driver license, voided check, etc. Seriously? Not going to happen! So I canceled my application. All I really want is for the stupid red notification at the top of the page to go away, but Bill Pay support punted me to software support (which is only available weekdays, 5a-5p, Pacific time).  Grrrr....
  • Chuck VChuck V Member
    edited March 2018
    They know of the problem, but haven’t got around to fixing it yet ( although this was first reported months ago )! Luckily, all else works great and I am super satisfied with Quicken 2018.
  • Jerry_Jerry_ Member
    edited May 2018
    Folks, Problem Solved in Windows Version 2018 R7.5!!!!
  • MrTimmyMrTimmy Member
    edited May 2018
    Thanks for the heads up, Jerry. Last bullet point in the release notes!
    • Fixed: An issue where alerts icon did not clear up in some cases.
  • Jerry_Jerry_ Member
    edited March 2018
    MrTimmy said:

I figure if I hadn't mentioned it an hour or two ago, you would have beaten me to it! (LOL)

When I read that last Fixed sentence, I immediately downloaded the Mondo Patch.
    edited March 2018
    MrTimmy said:

Finally !  Mondo Patch updated to Version R7.5 and the red bell is gone.
2»