how can you reconcile an investment account quicken pc premier 2018

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I used to be able to reconcile Investment accounts, and adjust cash balance, but there is no longer that option, as least as far as I can find

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2018
    My experience is that investment accounts cash balance never match the brokerage because of clearing time, reserve for options, short sales, risky stocks that require reserve. I used to run a spreadsheet to reconcile the cash, but I just had to guess what the brokerage was reserving... stopped doing it, not worth the effort and aggravation :(

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I certainly can reconcile cash in the Windows version of 2018 Quicken.  Click the gear wheel in the upper right hand corner of the register, click "reconcile."  If you're using a Mac version - it always helps to set that clear at the outset - then maybe something's different.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    I do not have the gear wheel in the upper right hand corner of an investment account
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Gary said:

I do not have the gear wheel in the upper right hand corner of an investment account

The keyboard shortcut for selecting Actions (gear wheel) icon is Ctrl + Shift + N.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Gary said:

Are you running Windows or Mac versions?  Mac may be different.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2018
    Gary said:

I am using windows Premier 2018
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Gary said:

Gary,

Are you using Pop-up registers? This is a checkbox under View. I think you need to un-check this to see the gear at the top right.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2018
    Gary said:

Thank you problem solved
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Gary said:

From C. D. Bales:

CTRL+r or the Quicken Toolbar Reconcile icon will bring up the appropriate reconcile dialog in any Quicken account ... even when popup registers are being used.

[CTRL+r requires the desired account to be open - the Toolbar Reconcile icon will ask, if no account is open.]

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.