Mobile image quality very poor

When a receipt is scanned within the mobile app, the quality is greatly reduced within quicken so that it is unreadable. I saw another thread that was started but then closed on this issue but it is still happening.

Comments

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hello Tara, appreciate your question.

Are you using the mobile app on Android or iOS?

Please let us know so that we can best help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • RIB397
    RIB397 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    A significant reason to have the mobile app is to use the photo option to record receipts. However, the photo quality makes them useless. I am using the Android Samsung G7 Edge
  • Quicken Harold
    edited April 2018
    Hello RIB397,

Have you tried taking a picture with the camera app and then attaching this file to the mobile app and see if it makes a difference?

Please let us know.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Quicken Harold
    edited April 2018
    Hello RIB397,

Are you still experiencing issues?

Please let us know. If there is no response within 48 hours, the thread will be closed.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • RIB397
    RIB397 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I tried your suggestion but still have the problem. Using the camera produced a good photo but when added to Quicken the quality is reduced to unusable. (I replied to earlier email but did not realize I had to select the "VIEW REPLY" button for this page.)
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hey RIB397,

When you attach an image using the mobile app are you viewing it in the mobile app or are you syncing and viewing the image on the desktop?

Has this worked properly before and has started doing this recently?

Let us know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • RIB397
    RIB397 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I have viewed the image on both the phone and the desktop. Both are not usable. I only recently tried using the photo attach feature so I don't know if it is due to an update or has always been that way in the Quicken 2018 version. I think I used it in prior versions and don't recall this being a problem.
  • Quicken Harold
    edited April 2018
    Hello Tara,,

Are you still experiencing issues?

Please let us know. If we don’t hear from you within 48 hours, the thread will be closed.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • RIB397
    RIB397 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Yes the problem is still there.
  • Quicken Harold
    edited April 2018
    Hello RIB397,

Have you received advice from our techs at Quicken Support regarding this issue?

Please let us know.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • RIB397
    RIB397 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I have mostly received questions from them. Since I could not fix it I stopped using the photo attach feature but after you asked I tried it again. It seems to work now. There have been software updates to the phone and desktop so maybe that fixed the issue. Hopefully it continues to work. Thanks for following up on my issue.
This discussion has been closed.