Why do I get a "No transactions to review" statement when I download my bank transactions. QWin 201

James Hazel
James Hazel Member ✭✭
Windows 10, Quicken 2018.  When I download transactions from my bank and credit accounts, they all say that they successfully downloaded but I can't find the transactions anywhere.  The report says "No transactions to review" which is complete BS - why would I download them if I didn't want to review them???  Only since updating to 2018.  I can't find any setting that allows me to see what was downloaded and the transactions don't show in my register.

Comments

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hi @ James Hazel ,

Have you looked in  Downloaded Transactions, located beneath the Account Register, for each Account Register?

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• James Hazel
    James Hazel Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Absolutely!  That's where I expect them to be and they have always been previous to my 'upgrade'.
  • Ken256
    Ken256 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I have seen this message usually when reconciling accounts when there are no transactions to be reconcile. If you go Tools and look at the One Step Update Summary it tells you what accounts have been updated and how many new transactions were downloaded during the last update.

Ken
  • James Hazel
    James Hazel Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    This message is in the download summary.  It says xx transactions downloaded.  No transactions to review.  What I need to know is how to actually find the  downloaded transactions.  They do not show up under the register nor in the register or anywhere I can find them.  I suspect that this has to do with syncing the 'cloud' 'services' which I turned off -- I thought.
  • James Hazel
    James Hazel Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I think this is some setting somewhere.  It happens in all my accounts (BOA, Wells Fargo, Vanguard, Citicard, Putnam) so I don't think it is a connection problem or server problem.  It seems to be local within Quicken.  Thanks for the suggestions.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
  • James Hazel
    James Hazel Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Well, I tried all that.  Made a copy after backing up then ran the validate.  It did find some errors but most were back 1994 to 1997.  I tried the update again.  It processed all accounts successfully.  Results were unchanged: 6 transactions downloaded.  No transactions to review.  I cannot find any of them.
  • Jerry_
    Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    James, In emphasizing a procedure mentioned in the link that

UKR above mentioned; have you tried this procedure? 

Go to your Online Center Screen (Tools>Online Center)

There, choose one of your Institutions from the dropdown List. Select the Transactions Tab. Do any transactions for your institution show there?

If so, select the Compare to Register Button. The transactions should now appear in the that particular Account's Accept transactions under the Downloaded Transactions List.

Check the other institutions in question in the Online Center. If transactions appear, repeat the above step for those particular institutions.

Let's hope that this might be the solution to your problem.
    Running on the Quicken Windows Premier Subscription Plan
    Retired - former Computer System Analyst
  • Jerry_
    Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Jerry said:

There, choose one of your Institutions from the dropdown List. Select the Transactions Tab. Do any transactions for your institution show there?

If so, select the Compare to Register Button. The transactions should now appear in the that particular Account's Accept transactions under the Downloaded Transactions List.

Check the other institutions in question in the Online Center. If transactions appear, repeat the above step for those particular institutions.

You also stated that you ran the Validate and found errors.

Have you ever tried Super Validate on your data file? This method seems to utilize more refined checks in validating file/program relationships.

(Super Validate) = Hold down <SHIFT and CTRL>.Key(s) while selecting the "Validate and Repair" Menu Entry (File>File Operations>Validate and Repair).
  • James Hazel
    James Hazel Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Jerry said:

Thanks.  I will try that.
  • James Hazel
    James Hazel Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I did the super validate and got a few errors (one transaction dated xx/xx/2038, but I could not find it)  I tried the update again with the same results.  I did notice that the update summary shows the last update as today while looking at the account records it shows April 2, 2018 as the last update.  I lost the .dat file - apparently Quicken does not save it anywhere - so I tried doing a validate again but Quicken says that it cannot validate the file, please contact support ... maybe I should export all the transactions and then import them into a new Quicken file???
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2018
    Jerry said:

that happened to me when I went to reconcile an account and used the previous month's date in the reconciliation.  Once I used the correct date, the reconciliation continued as usual
  • Jerry_
    Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

I did the super validate and got a few errors (one transaction dated xx/xx/2038, but I could not find it)  I tried the update again with the same results.  I did notice that the update summary shows the last update as today while looking at the account records it shows April 2, 2018 as the last update.  I lost the .dat file - apparently Quicken does not save it anywhere - so I tried doing a validate again but Quicken says that it cannot validate the file, please contact support ... maybe I should export all the transactions and then import them into a new Quicken file???

You did not mention what flavor of Quicken you have. Are you holding any investment securities in your data file?

If so, it might be that the Super Validate Routine is flagging a price entry (having the year 2038) of one of your securities in the securities Price History Window. If you can, check the Price History of each security for one having the year of 2038.

You own suggestion of exporting all of the transactions and then importing them into a new Quicken file sounds like the most profitable option.

I wish that a Quicken Employee would give an opinion on the best direction from this point on.

Or I would contact Quicken Support via chat or phone (650-250-1900) I see where the wait time for chatting is 9 minutes; for phone support is 13 minutes.
  • James Hazel
    James Hazel Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Jerry said:

Thanks.  That is good information.
  • James Hazel
    James Hazel Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018

Sorry, I thought I had mentioned it.  I have Quicken 2018 Premier and yes, I do have investment accounts - they are included in the accounts that report nothing to review...  As for contacting support, I have NEVER had a good experience with calling support lines.  It always winds up in a diversionary tactic or user discussion group.
  • Jerry_
    Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    James, if you decide to go the route of creating a New Quicken Data File, I recommend that you first just copy one or two of your Accounts that are updated via OSU to the new File. That way you can test the OSU function in the new data file to see if the Downloads reach your Account Registers - one way or another.

If still not working, I would then recommend downloading the Mondo Patch Update for 2018 as found here:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-2018-release-quicken-windows

Knowing your previous responses, I know that you will solve the problem!!
  • James Hazel
    James Hazel Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Thanks for the tip on just trying on the OSU accounts.  Before I do a wholesale export, I will just try those accounts.  Also, I believe I have installed all updates that I know about, but will check out the Mondo Patch.  "The software is working well, it just isn't doing what I want!" ;-)
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

Thanks for the tip on just trying on the OSU accounts.  Before I do a wholesale export, I will just try those accounts.  Also, I believe I have installed all updates that I know about, but will check out the Mondo Patch.  "The software is working well, it just isn't doing what I want!" ;-)

Hi @ James Hazel ,

The Correct link for Quicken Support is:

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Nothing is disguised.in the link.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Clayton200
    Clayton200 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

Phone Support & Quicken Chat Online

CHAT NOW

More like SCAM NOW.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hello James,

Were you able to contact Quicken Support in regard to this issue? Or are you still unable to download transactions?

If you are still experiencing issues, what is the connection method that you use to download transactions? i.e. Direct Connect, Express Web Connect or Web Connect.

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.