"Free" billpay with Quicken Premier

2»

Comments

• edited October 2018
    I reverted back to Quicken 2017 from Quicken 2018 because I didn't want to give up all the personal documentation required to set up Quicken Billpay for Quicken 2018.  It's ridiculous to require more than just the verification of the bank account.  Even thought I paid for Quicken 2018 and have to pay the monthly fees for Quicken Billpay for Quicken 2017, I reverte back to 2017 for now and am looking for alternative products after being a Quicken customer for more than 20 years.
  • edited October 2018
    I agree this was bait and switch.  The 2018 upgrade is misleading, and does not warn of the issues such as a need to set up a new bill pay account.  After 15 hours and many days I am still trying to get that to work.  As a 20+ year user who always upgraded, I really regret that I upgraded this time.
  • johnhhawleyjohnhhawley Member
    edited August 2018
    jimaikins said:

Thanks - it’s already been over a week. Told today that I could be “another several days.”

I've spoken with quicken bill pay 4 times and get different answer every time after each 20 minute  call. And still no new bill pay account (while I continue to pay for the old service). By the way I have been a bill pay customer for a decade. (Inaccurate information redacted)
    edited April 2018
    jimaikins said:

Thanks - it’s already been over a week. Told today that I could be “another several days.”

(sp) bait and switch
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hello all,

There are some procedures for those switching over to the new QBP: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-enroll-quicken-bill-pay-quicken-membership-2018-release-or-later

I hope this helps.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • edited October 2018

Update: two weeks and three days after I sign up, I get an email asking for:

• Copy of your most recent home
      utility bill, we will only accept a full water, electric or gas bills
    • Copy of your social security
      card or other proof of your SSN
    • Copy of a voided check or a
      letter from the financial institution you enrolled, showing proof of bank
      account numbers and account ownership
    • Copy of your Driver’s
      License/Identification Card or other proof of your date of birthAg
    Again, this is appalling service on a couple of levels: 2. I get an email out of the blue asking for privacy information and 2. that it took this long to inform a good customer of another requirement that delays the process. I see from other posts that it is a real requirement. So, I'll waste more of my time getting it done.
    This is exactly what happened to me It is ludicrous to send all of that information to anyone all at one time. Will not use this service!
    The customer service people are useless it is take it or leave it!
    Quicken you should be better!  
    edited April 2018
    jimaikins said:

5 weeks now and no account. Charged again for my old bill pay account. Have sent all the bills, bank statements etc they have asked for. Now saying they won't open account because utility bill is in my wife name. She is a joint checking account holder and they have a copy of my statement. Total incompetence. I have gotten mortgages with less effort. 
    edited April 2018
    jimaikins said:

They were also sent a Directv and Charter bill in my name but they won't accept those...is this a SCAM? 
    edited April 2018

Thank you all for your feedback! Please continue to provide feedback on the process.I have set up my own Bill Pay account about a week ago to get a better understanding of the process and my account has not been verified as of yet!  I will definitely give an update on how long and what all I needed to do to get it working!

-Quicken Tyka

5 months Tyka....no update???
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    jimaikins said:

Hello johnhhawley,

Quicken Bill Pay is not a Scam. They just require a lot of paperwork in order to get your account setup.

Hope this helps.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

Thank you all for your feedback! Please continue to provide feedback on the process.I have set up my own Bill Pay account about a week ago to get a better understanding of the process and my account has not been verified as of yet!  I will definitely give an update on how long and what all I needed to do to get it working!

-Quicken Tyka

Hey JohnHawley,

Where are you at in the enrollment process?

Have you been asked to provide more information to verify your account?

Have you received the micro-deposits? 

Unfortunately, Quicken Bill Pay is separate from Quicken and we don't have access to your account and can't help with enrollment issues.

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    edited October 2018
    jimaikins said:

They have everything they have asked for....and only after I call them to find out why they have not sent the micro deposits. They do not contact me. And as above, they have utility bills (several) but since the one they want (water or electric) happens to be in my wife's name at our address they don't want to open the account. They have a bank statement and voided check, both with my wife's and my name on them. I really feel ripped off, there was no other reason for me to change to Quicken 2018 Home, business, and Rental other than the bait of free quicken bill pay.  I as CFO and owner a business I also use QBO. Xero is looking better all the time,
    edited April 2018
    jimaikins said:

Hey JohnHawley,

Sorry you're unable to get your account verified. 

Per the Quicken Bill Pay email https://www.quicken.com/support/i-received-email-quicken-bill-pay-verify-my-identity-email-request-l...

* Copy of your most recent home Utility Bill. This bill must contain your name and the service address.

Do you have any other Utility bill with your name that you can provide?  Have you contacted bill pay and explained the situation or asked what can be provided instead?

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    edited April 2018

-Quicken Tyka

see my other comments. I have been at this for 5 weeks and 5 phone calls as of today. they have my internet and directv bills which are in my name. Quicken can help by putting pressure on bill pay. Quicken "hooked" me into an upgrade which I didn't really need by offering bill pay for free with home/rental. 
  • edited April 2018
    jacobs said:

This doesn't help anyone waiting to get connected to Quicken Bill Pay, but just for informational purposes, I thought I'd point out the Quicken Bill Pay is a service provided by a third party company, Metavante Payment Services, not by Quicken themselves.

When sign-ups are slow or customer service isn't responsive, it's Metavante, not Quicken, that's messing up. And this dependency on an outside party puts Quicken in a difficult position: if they were to discontinue offering the bill payment service through Metavante because their service isn't up to snuff, then some users will scream that they want this integrated bill payment service; if they continue to offer it, people will blame Quicken although the actions of Metavante are largely out of their ability to control. 

Nope.  They are selling it as a feature in the subscription service, so Quicken is responsible for it, even if their backoffice is a sub.  NOPE.NOPE.NOPE.  So glad I just bought Quicken 2017 TODAY so I didn't have to get the 2018 subscription service.  After reading all these comments I clearly dodged a bullet.  If by 2020 Quicken doesn't have their act together I'm going to find another software to use.  Too many years of abusive treatment by Quicken to allow for even worse post Intuit.
  • edited April 2018

Finally, today, the microdeposits dropped into my account(s). I was able to verify the accounts, add billpay to the quicken accounts, and add a few payments. There was a minor kerfuffle with the billpay password...Quicken vault won't take !@#$%^&; characters for billpay, but Metavante will.. That said, all works well. Elapsed time was one month. That's terrible wait time...but it works.

All these corporations are devolving into low life scammers, unfortunately.  They are going to eventually reap their just rewards, i.e. bankruptcy.
    edited April 2018

-Quicken Tyka

Thank you for providing that information.

Sorry this has been your experience so far.

We are looking into this to see what's going on.

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • BarryHBarryH Member
    edited December 2018
    I am new to Bill Pay, but  a long time Quicken user.  With Quicken 2018, I decided to give Bill Pay a try (although it is easy just to use my bank's bill pay system, it does require "double entry" to get the information into Quicken).

I opened a Bill Pay account and shortly thereafter I received a congratulatory e-mail. I had "successfully enrolled".  The e-mail included instructions on what I needed to do next:

1) Activate Bill Pay in Quicken - Well, that doesn't seem to work - although Quicken tells me it is not my fault.
    2) I will receive "two deposits under $1 to this account during the next two to three
    business days".  Not true, I just called the support line and was told it would be 7 to 10 days.

Accuracy counts in financial matters -  I have zero confidence in this entire program at this point.

Barry
  • edited October 2018
    Metavante is horrible. I called Quicken President etc. Got polite replies but no action. They want all types of sensitive financial info for me to verify, they blamed it on my credit being locked. It was not I checked all 3 credit bureaus. Metavante did not put info in correctly or otherwise wanted sensitive info.
    I now just use my bank. And after using Quicken since the 1990's am a very dissatisfied customer. 
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    BarryH said:

I am new to Bill Pay, but  a long time Quicken user.  With Quicken 2018, I decided to give Bill Pay a try (although it is easy just to use my bank's bill pay system, it does require "double entry" to get the information into Quicken).

I opened a Bill Pay account and shortly thereafter I received a congratulatory e-mail. I had "successfully enrolled".  The e-mail included instructions on what I needed to do next:

1) Activate Bill Pay in Quicken - Well, that doesn't seem to work - although Quicken tells me it is not my fault.
    2) I will receive "two deposits under $1 to this account during the next two to three
    business days".  Not true, I just called the support line and was told it would be 7 to 10 days.

Accuracy counts in financial matters -  I have zero confidence in this entire program at this point.

Barry

Hi @ BarryH ,

If you are using Free Bill Pay with your Bank and you have a Direct Connect Connection within Quicken with your Bank and they offer Free Bill Pay for Customers, I would go that route, than using Quicken Bill Pay. That is available for Customers that don't have a Bank with Direct Connect Connection for use with Quicken.
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R18.16 & Quicken 2017 HBRP
  • SnowmanSnowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    BarryH said:

Barry

After my experiences with Metavante (which runs Quicken Bill Pay) DO NOT use Quicken Bill Pay.  Their customer service is abusive and horrible and there is NEVER a supervisor available and they NEVER call back.
  • dcdonahdcdonah Member
    edited September 2018
    I've had Quicken Bill-Pay for years, and converted to the new Bill Pay which saved me money.  I read the directions for upgrading until I understood the process. I set up the new account, got the deposits in less than a day, confirmed the payments, and cancelled the old account.  All of my payees carried over to the new system, so I never had to reload anything.  The only glitch was a selection within Quicken which needed to be changed, and Metavante was not aware of it, but I figured it out within minutes of hanging up the phone.  I have no problems since.  The instructions could have been worded better, but the information was there. Maybe having computer programming experience made it easier for me, but I don't know that it did.  Be patient, and understand the process. Good luck, all.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Jerry said:

There are much safer ways of validating a user's identity than sending over the excessive personal information they are asking for.Not to mentioned they have outsourced this to a third party. All they are doing is significantly increasing the risk of identity theft. I will stick with my own banks bill pay service.

For what it worth, Quicken Bill Pay was never provided the Quicken Inc or Intuit before them.  It has always been a third party add on.
    edited September 2018
    Hey everyone,

This thread is being closed.

The enrollment process and what to expect has been thoroughly discussed.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka