Quicken 2018 doesn't display after opening.

XanderXander Member ✭✭
Quicken 2018 Premier. When I open Quicken, the window will not display. The icon shows in the task bar, and also in Windows task manager, but I cannot get the program to display onscreen allowing me to actually use it. I called into support on 4/16/18 and an agent named Joe helped me fix this, but an automatic update which I downloaded today recreated the problem. Product version is 27.1.7.5.

Comments

• Jerry_Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Xander, it appears that maybe something has caused Quicken to become minimized. What happens if you click on the Quicken Icon in the Taskbar again - (after the disappearance of Quicken from the Desktop)?

Also check Quicken Properties via the Quicken Icon on the Taskbar. You should see the Properties Window as such:
    What does your RUN  List Box show?
    Now running the 2019 Windows Subscription Plan
    Retired - former Computer System Analyst
  • XanderXander Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Thanks for the offer to help! I appreciate it.

I can't get to that window from the icon in the taskbar, but it does come up if I right-click on the start-up icon.  It also shows "normal window" and if I try to change it to "Maximized" I get a pop-up error saying that I need to provide "administrator permission" to change the settings. I did not follow the path to see if I actually have that. 
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I suggest you hover the cursor over the Quicken icon in the task bar until the available window icon appears, right-click on the icon and select Restore.
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 10 
  • XanderXander Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I only have 3 choices when I right-click:
    1) Quicken
    2) Pin to taskbar
    3) close window.

Selecting (1) does nothing, alas!
  • Jerry_Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Xander, forget about the Quicken Properties Window.

Click on the Quicken Icon in the Taskbar to execute the Program. The Icon will then appear in a rectangular box on the Taskbar.If Quicken does not open in a Normal Window on the Desktop,

1. Click on the Quicken Icon again or

2. Follow Sherlock's suggestion of hovering over the Quicken Icon while Quicken is still running, wait for the Window Box (Icon) to appear above the Taskbar, right-click on that Box (Icon), and then select the Restore  Menu Entry from the Menu Items that appear.
    Now running the 2019 Windows Subscription Plan
    Retired - former Computer System Analyst
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Xander said:

1) Quicken
    2) Pin to taskbar
    3) close window.

You did not follow the directions provided.  After you launch Quicken and the icon appears in the task bar, hover the cursor over the icon in the task bar until the available window icon appears, right-click on the icon and select Restore.
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 10 
  • XanderXander Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Xander said:

1) Quicken
    2) Pin to taskbar
    3) close window.

ok: thanks.  I was worried that the "restore" was grayed out, but the "maximize" window did the trick! Many thanks.