RESOLVED 04/13/18: Quicken Servers Offline

15678911»

Comments

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

Very poor design, both from a UX and a security perspective. Local access being fully constrained by server availability is just...old school.

We are currently researching why users are unable to open their data during a server outage, this is a bug and not by design.

The developers need the following information:

A) Were you unable to open your data file during the outage?
    B) What is the exact release of your Quicken, go to Help > About Quicken to find out. 
    C) Verify the date of the outage.

I would really appreciate your feedback so we can get this issue resolved!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    edited April 2018

I am confused.  I bought the product, not an online subscription, so why can't I open Quicken with just my password without logging on?

We are currently researching why users are unable to open their data during a server outage, this is a bug and not by design.

B) What is the exact release of your Quicken, go to Help > About Quicken to find out. 

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    edited April 2018

I must agree with everyone on this post. We should not have to login to the servers to get to our local data. This is not acceptable. I've paid for my product, I should be able to use it. I have been using Quicken for over 20 years and it has had more issues as it has evolved. Most of the improvements I like, but it has been very unreliable over the years. I really do like your product, but please do more internal testing before releasing to the public.

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    edited April 2018

UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!  I want access to my data stored on my LOCAL storage.  The Server problem should not deny me access to my locally stored DATA

Hey John,

You are correct, 

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    edited April 2018

Please update the announcement when the problem has been resolved.  Hopefully soon.

Thanks.

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    edited April 2018
    John Gunn said:

I concur will all of the above.  We should at a minimum be able to access our local copy.  Very disappointing.

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    edited April 2018

This problem also affects the Canadian Quicken.ca also. At least our tax deadline is April 30, not April 15 like you guys. Good luck American friends!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    edited April 2018

Quicken management, Your current requirement to have server authentication and access for personal confidential data contained in a fully licensed product misses the mark. I understand that there may be a poorly justified reason for securing one's data in the event of a theft of their computer, but lacking a fail safe cached authentication mechanism in situations where your servers fail, or are attacked and can't be reached, is a negligent oversight by an allegedly sophisticated technology company in 2018. This issue is easily fixed, but your company chooses to ignore users complaints relating to access issues. Moreover, in your never ending quest for a perpetual revenue stream (e.g., subscription based licensing model), locking a users data, without clear notice is a violation of most state laws that require software publishers to clearly notify licensees of disabling mechanisms embedded in their software products. I strongly suggest that you review your policies and address these issues as if you were a customer of your company. The current status of your system and inability of your users to access their information is completely unacceptable. 

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    edited April 2018
    Steve L said:

I am not having the local data hostage problem. I have Quicken 2017 H&B R15.13. I just X out every time I get prompted for Quicken login (about 4 X) and I have access. Maybe it's a subscription thing? I don't have one.

Hey Sandi,

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    edited April 2018

Here we go again.....  Will someone explain to me why I have to "Login" on my own personal computer . I can understand the "Vault" password but to not be able to access my own data is totally not acceptable.  23 charge accounts, 1 business account, 3 checkbooks and 3 houses and I'm being held hostage by an incompetent software company. 

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    edited April 2018
    Grumpy said:

Unacceptable.  Completely totally unacceptable.  You system has absolutely no right to deny access to my local data just because your server has coughed up a furball.  I expect compensation. 

Hey Everyone!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    edited April 2018

I am among the many long-time Quicken users who are very much opposed to the direction Quicken has taken since it was separated from Intuit.  As a Quicken customer since the inception of the program, I have now reached the conclusion that unless there is a major change in how the program works (both in terms of renewals as well as day-to-day transactions), I'll be moving to another platform.

The inability to access my files today is the last straw for me.  How long are expected to be patient when the company is having trouble with its servers and cannot fix them, especially when they're unable to even predict a time by which the issue should be resolved.  Should we try to log in once every 15 minutes, in hopes that the problem will be fixed at some point today, or should we try to log in tomorrow, or every  other day, or next week?

Bruce

Hey Bruce,

What version are you currently running?

You can go to Help and About Quicken to find out!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka